Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
New Family Member
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:36 PM

Originally posted by: Angel10

Added a new family member......a 6 month old black lab mix. Now there's me and 2 dogs. The other is a black lab also and 7 years old. Things going ok so far for me and the 7 yr old with the new puppy.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: VKB

One of God's most wonderful blessings are our pets. He knew we need them big time.

Godspeed, Veronica
Anonymous

Thanks for your comments. I am enjoying the new puppy and she is learning FAST! Crate training is going well. Walking on a leash is going great too, especially with the "Gentle Leader".
Anonymous
Originally posted by: captain.joan

I wanted to get a puppy for my dog because he is lonely now that his big brother and my mom are gone. But from experiences walking him and his reaction to other dogs I don't think a playmate is possible. He is very protective of me and won't let any other dog within 10 feet of me.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Carolina Songbird

Congratulations on the new family member. We have two dogs, ages 3 and 1.

The other night, my husband asked if I were ready for a third.

He was joking.

I think.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Angel10,

Congrats on your new family member! Dogs are such wonderful companions.

I have a dog named Winston and a cat named Simon. Both rescues. They keep me from being lonely.

Good Luck.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Leah JN

I bought 3 puppies 7 months before my mother died and inherited the mother of two of those puppies. I knew that with only two old cats there woudln't be enough activity, excitement, love, etc. to keep my mind off of my grief. It was the best thing I could have ever done. They are so sweet and crazy. They are my family now. I love my girls (and boys, the cats).

Congratulations on your new family member.
Anonymous

My new puppy, is a 6 month old that I rescued from the pound. She is an angel and so that is what her name is, Angel. She is adjusting well. Have had her since this past Tuesday, Aug 9. She has gone from running back and forth through the house and crying, to a lot less crying and laying down more and resting. My 7 year old is still not sure what to make of Angel, but at least she's tolerant of her and that makes a big difference!

Again, thanks for all of your positive comments. I am glad I have added her to my family. I'm hoping that as Sam (the 7 yr old female lab) warms up to the little one, she will help train her in good behavior! Smiler
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Nessa

Angel10,
I just recently added a lab/mix puppy to our family too. Such joy and energy. It's just what I needed after losing my big dog and my MIL last October.

I'm getting my exercise and have a routine finally...he's helping me find my way back, little by little.

We're going to take a training class starting next week and I'm looking forward to it...might make some new friends to take walks with!!

× Close Menu