Donate

Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Wednesday, September 23rd from 8:30 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Wouldn't it be nice to read these words...?
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:40 PM

Originally posted by: Iris L.

A small notice in my local newspaper appeared this morning about the groundbreaking of the new $31 million Cancer Pavilion at our regional medical center. "The new 64,000-square-foot pavilion will be a dedicated cancer facility that will house the many cancer programs and support services, giving patients access to all they may need under one roof."

Now imagine reading that statement substituting "Alzheimer's disease and related dementias" for the word cancer. Wouldn't that be a dream? Why can't this be a reality for us?

Iris L.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: clave

Considering the large number of baby boomers that are expected to develop AD or other dementia related problems, I expect more people to become interested in researching this area. If there is money to be made, the drug companies will also become very active in the dementia arena. The increased research activity on the part of scientists and drug companies can only be good news for those who suffer from dementia disorders.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Iris,

You are so right. It would be a dream!

I believe there aren't enough people interested in AD yet. And definitely not enough sponsors.

How sad!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: judy v.

Dream On!! Yesterday I watched Dr. Oz the full hour because the topic was assisted suicide. He interviewed and discussed mostly MS patients, and I understand why - the pain & suffering etc. But the word "alzheimers" was mentioned only once, like blah-blah, in passing. I wanted to yell at him - visit a nursing home and see the people sitting in wheelchairs completely "out of it" - then count them nation wide and put that on the air nationwide!!

× Close Menu