Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
MOM has been gone 2 months today
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:41 PM
Originally posted by: mdamom

My father passed yesterday...
I feel your pain, and want to reach out...
I hope that you will feel peace with her passing and keep her memory a good one.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: debbieg

I still miss her terribly. 2 whole months without her seems like just yesterday we were taking that walk down the street. I still feel like this bad dream is going to end. Is it bad that I hear her calling my name in the night, or that I still go looking for her? It had been 10 years since she called me by name. I clearly her voice the voice before she became ill with AD.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SusanJ

You have my sympathy......my mom passed away May 19; and I still fill like I'm in a dream...not wanting to realize that she is really gone.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lori1955

I have not been here in a long time but I came today and read this and just had to respond. It has been almost 10 months since I lost Helen. Please give yourselves time. For the first 2 or 3 months, I would wake up in the night thinking I heard her calling out "Hello, hello" (that is what she called me). I would be sitting reading something at the computer and would turn to tell her about it but no one was there.

I will not tell you that the pain gets less but it does come less often. I can still remember vividly the pain of the last days of her life but I no longer think of that daily. Be gentle with yourselves. Allow yourselves the time to grieve and don't put time limits on it. If you need help through this process then please get it. It took me 7 months and a suicide attempt before I reached out for help. Please don't follow in my footsteps.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Julia Karen

My Mom passed away May 5th this year (little over two months). Whenever something exciting happens to me, the first thing I think of is that I need to tell my mother--and then I remember. The other day I was out watering my flowers, and I thought--Oh no, I had better go in and get the phone and bring it outside in case she calls me. She'll be wondering where I am.

I don't know why I get these thoughts when she hadn't been able to use a phone in years. These thoughts just hit me all of a sudden, and then I remember she is gone. It's a strange kind of torture.

Does anyone else have this kind of thing happen the them?

Julia
Anonymous
Originally posted by: DianeJ

It seems like this is not getting any easier. My Mom passed away on June 24th, 2008. Yesterday was her Mass at the Chapel in Nazareth Hall Nursing Center. We are Catholic & the home she was in is Catholic. The Staff & the Sisters & the Priests at the NH are wonderful & we go to Mass every Sunday there now, even though Mom is gone. They are like family to us & we are family to them. So it helps to have support after our loved ones are gone. Grief counselling is a good thing to try too. Hospice Organizations usually have good support & grief counselling as well, even if you didn't use a Hospice during your loved ones end days.
I haven't had one single solitary day without crying...some days more than others, but I have cried a river since she died. I couldn't cry much when she was here as it upset her so. The Nursing Home let me live with her in her room for over 2 weeks before she passed away. Myself, my Husband & her Hospice nurse were with her when she passed. My Husband & I cared for my Mom for over 4 years, with her living with us & about 2 years prior to her moving in with us. It is such a long goodbye & we begin the grieving process from the moment we hear the diagnosis....alzheimers/dementia.
We will be flying my Moms' cremains to New York for burial in a private service with a Roman Catholic Priest Officiating. She will be buried with her beloved Father who died in a tragic accident in 1942 when she was 17. She never stopped missing her Father. Mom carried the crucifix from his coffin with her since 1942!! It will be buried with her & with him. It was a miracle we found where he was buried, and we didn't find him until after she had passed. My Mom knew me to be persevering, stubborn at times, determined & loyal. And although I didn't get to tell her "I found your Daddys' burial site" before she died, I know she knows, because I know how well she knew me. She was my Mom. She knew me better than I knew myself sometimes.....all Mom's do!!
Thanks Mom for giving me the gift of our Faith that we shared, the fortitude that you had to raise your kids to be strong women (she had 3 girls), the gift of laughter, smiles, dancing, surfing, skating, crying when we need to, forgiving when we must to stay whole & stay sane & the gift of love that is unconditional, no matter what we did. I miss you Mom so darned much I feel my heart is crushed. I can still hear your slippers on the tile in the hallway, you telling me "not to strong now" when I'm making your coffee, your hand on my hand in Church on Sundays, that sweet smile & your laughter that was contagious....God I miss you.
Love,
Diane
Anonymous
Originally posted by: karenlee

I lost my mom to AD 9 months ago and I think of her and miss her each and every day.

Be gentle with yourself and allow the grieving process to run it's course. This is a time of adjustment and we all need to just take it a day at a time.

Time does heal. Just don't try to rush things.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: debbieg

lori I remember you clearly you and helen the pics you posted. How could I forget. Thanks I will take you advice and get the help I need. Thanks again its good to see you still remember us all. I lost mom on 4-25-08 and still come back to read and maybe help someone.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Janie54

My sweet husband has been gone since May 13th and there are days I can't stop thinking about him. Yesterday, I got out all the cards and flower cards I received and re-read them all. I had a good cry and then I moved on. I miss him so much. We were married 33 years and he died at the age of 56.

Love to you all who are going through this...

× Close Menu