Help keeping others out of Mom's room
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:06 PM
Originally posted by: Bruce Parker

Thanks Jellybeans... I did
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: Bruce Parker

This is my first post ever. My Mom is a resident in an alzheimer's care facility. In 6.5 years she has had only two incidences... both involving when other patients invade her private room. There are not enough caretakers to guarantee this won't happen. They can't just lock her door to keep other patients out. Is there a way she and caretakers can enter at will, but that will prevent unwanted visits by other residents? We wonder if there is a half door or other arrangement she could learn to manage but others less likely to? Any suggestions are welcome
Anonymous
Originally posted by: jellybeans

Welcome to the forum, Bruce.
You may want to repost this in the caregivers section, it gets the most traffic, by far.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Regina214

We've had this problem with Mother's room also. Your post just made me think about these door knob covers that I used to have on my doors when my children were little. I wonder if that would work. You'd only need it on the outside of the door, so it wouldn't interfere with your Mom's being able to get out if she needed and the caregivers should be able to open it with no problem. I have found that we have to keep Mother's door closed most times.

× Close Menu