Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Brain Fitness Software
Internal Administrator
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 11:52 PM

Originally posted by: Adam M.

Does anyone know if the Brain fitness software like Posit Science or MindFit help in the early, mild or moderate stages of AD to slow down or improve the condition? The Banner Alz Institute person I met with suggested we look into Posit Science. Anyone who has tried one of these or has any feedback from their dr. if you could help me understand the reality of them helping is appreciated. I am thinking of getting one of the systems for my dad who is moderate and still pretty high functioning but they are fairly expensive.

Thanks,
Adam
Anonymous
Originally posted by: DrHealthy1

Hi Adam, You may want to ask your clinician about the brain fitness programs available from SpecialtyAutomated. These are online and do not require any software, CD-ROMs, or DVDs. There are also special lines of Online Trail Making Tests (TM) and Automatic Clock Drawing Tests(TM), specifically designed for brain fitness, brain training, and memory loss prevention exercises that are available to the public. The SpecialtyAutomated website is www.specialtyautomated.com Good luck! Smiler
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Felicia

I bought the games for the Nintendo DS, and came out 60 years old...I'm 47 and don't have AD...or do I! Actually, they are fun and challenging, but too advanced for Mom.

Are these others you are talking about simple enough for someone in Late/Moderate Stage? My Mom is improving from her treatments with Enbrel in her ADL's, but her cognitive abilities are still very low, and it's hard for me to find something for her to do successfully and without frustration.

Today, I was thinking of maybe just giving her a blank piece of paper and some paint or colored pencils so she can draw whatever she wants. I tried to have her do "Elementary" workbooks, but she knows what they are and is insulted by it.

Any other ideas of things she could do on her own? She can read just fine, but gets bored with that easily.

Thanks, Felicia

× Close Menu