Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Latest development on Alzheimer's Disease cure
Internal Administrator
Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 6:57 AM

Originally posted by: hz4384965

If anyone like to find out new important Alzheimer's Disease cure break through, check follow links:
1. Star Scientific Announces Collaboration with Roskamp Institute on Beta-amyloid Discovery and Alzheimer's Disease
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/ph...D=1410492&highlight=

2. Anatibine Anti-Inflammation Test
http://www.rfdn.org/inflammaging.html

3. Star Scientific Just Announced They Cured Alzheimer's Disease and Nobody Cares
http://seekingalpha.com/articl...y-cares?source=yahoo

Reference: Inflammation More Important Predictor Than Cholesterol
http://www.cbass.com/Inflammation.htm

Hope these help.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Butchie

Here is another link

http://www.wtvr.com/wtvr-star-...mers,0,6574509.story

Henrico Company Says Tobacco Could Lead to Alzheimer's Cure

"Researchers theorize the compound, found in the tobacco leaf, can reduce the chronic inflammation that is associated with Alzheimer's and other diseases.

"We're doing a lot of research and nothing has been proven yet, but we have learned how to isolate the anatobine which is found in tobacco and other food sources, so a lot of studies are being conducted with that," said Dean."
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Justhinkin

quote:
Originally posted by Henry Quenin:
I've been giving my mother the CigRX for the past ten days (now up to six lozenges daily) but haven't seen any changes yet. I telephoned both Star Scientific and Roskamp with some questions. Star Scientific told me that Anatabloc is not into distriution yet and probably won't be available for a long time. There are no present plans in the works to market it. Roskamp stated that there are no clinical trials starting yet for RCP-006 but to call back in about one month. Both Star Scientific and Roskamp told me that RCP-006 isn't exactly Anatabine. They said the experimental drug is one isolated molecule found in Anatabine (whatever that means) and it isn't the same thing. They couldn't tell me what dosage of RCP-006 will be used in the clinical trials. I believe that the standard dosage of Lipitor used by doctors to control neuro-inflammation is 80 mg a day. The neurologist and Alzheimer's expert Dr. Marwan Sabbagh in his book "The Alzheimer's Answer" published in 2008 mentions his clinical trial of Lipitor as having stabilized his patients over a one-year period, compared to a placebo group that continued to mentally decline. Since it appears that Anatabine is more effective in controlling neuro-inflammation than Lipitor, a dose of less than 80 mg of Anatabine might be standard, although I'm not sure of the right amount. I couldn't get a response from Star Scientific on how much anatabine is contained in one CigRX lozenge. The combined mate and anatabine in one pill is about 18 mg but I don't know if that involves equal amounts of mate and anatabine or not. If anyone knows the specific amounts, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Henry

I am looking at the label for Anatabloc. It says it contains "2000 [greek mu]" of anatabine citrate. This is a preliminary production of a label I believe, and there may be supposed to be a second letter after "mu", and of course it could be g for gram or l for liter. (There may be some other use of the term mu alone in pharmacology, too, I guess.) I would hazard a guess that it means 2000 micrograms ... 2 milllilgrams. That seems small for a tablet that weighs 168 mg ... I don't know.

At any rate here's what I do know. According to the CigRx web site each CigRx contains about the amount one gets from use of a cigarette. It is widely reported that Anatabloc will be 3 times that strength.

Importantly the Anatabloc label contains dosing recommendations for use as an anti-inflammatory (A-I). It says "Take one to two lozenges three times a day. Not to exceed six lozenges per day." With a presumption, that I think is correct (there have been reports of this from several sources, including one I will reference later, from yesterday), that Anatabloc is three times the anatabine as CigRx, then that would translate to "Take 3 to 6 lozenges three times per day, no more than 18" it would seem.

I'd consider sticking to six a day for a while if I were you ... but I'm not. One thing is that you have to consider the mate in CigRx ... it adds caffeine apparently, just 1/30 the amount in a cup of coffee ... but if 18 tabs a day that would be 1/2+ cups a day equivalent in caffeine.

I will state that all this falls into reason with what limited information I do know, but again I am not a doctor and have no affiliation with the manufacturer.

Oh, as to time taking it. I began taking it about two months ago I think. It has helped me (67) in several ways as an A-I. The one thing it essentially cured, an inflammatory process in the hand called "trigger finger" (but it's no joke), took about six weeks to resolve fully.

If there is any efficacy for CigRx in the AD problem, I would think of hoping for hints at help maybe one or two months or more out ... pure guess.

No one of course can say if this will help in your case, sadly. I wish I could.

Best of luck on this, and best wishes.
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Rose_Ro:
are all the toxins removed?

There are no "toxins" ... it's made from synthetic anatabine, not derived from tobacco (they could not used tobacco derivative in a dietary supplement, apparently). It also contains a small amount of yerba mate (a South American tea).

My belief is that the best way to take it is to dissolve between cheek and (lower) gum. Takes about 20-30 mins to dissolve that way. Can hasten if chewed or broken into smaller peices first.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Henry Quenin

I've been giving my mother the CigRX for the past ten days (now up to six lozenges daily) but haven't seen any changes yet. I telephoned both Star Scientific and Roskamp with some questions. Star Scientific told me that Anatabloc is not into distriution yet and probably won't be available for a long time. There are no present plans in the works to market it. Roskamp stated that there are no clinical trials starting yet for RCP-006 but to call back in about one month. Both Star Scientific and Roskamp told me that RCP-006 isn't exactly Anatabine. They said the experimental drug is one isolated molecule found in Anatabine (whatever that means) and it isn't the same thing. They couldn't tell me what dosage of RCP-006 will be used in the clinical trials. I believe that the standard dosage of Lipitor used by doctors to control neuro-inflammation is 80 mg a day. The neurologist and Alzheimer's expert Dr. Marwan Sabbagh in his book "The Alzheimer's Answer" published in 2008 mentions his clinical trial of Lipitor as having stabilized his patients over a one-year period, compared to a placebo group that continued to mentally decline. Since it appears that Anatabine is more effective in controlling neuro-inflammation than Lipitor, a dose of less than 80 mg of Anatabine might be standard, although I'm not sure of the right amount. I couldn't get a response from Star Scientific on how much anatabine is contained in one CigRX lozenge. The combined mate and anatabine in one pill is about 18 mg but I don't know if that involves equal amounts of mate and anatabine or not. If anyone knows the specific amounts, I'd appreciate the feedback.

Henry
Anonymous

quote:
Originally posted by Educating myself.:
The mouse study is famous by now.

So, can ANYONE say what dosage of CigRx (for a human) would correspond to the (successful) dosage in the meeces?

I have three boxes of this stuff. I don't need suggestions as to how much to let Mom have. What I need to know is what dosage of CigRx (for a human) would correspond to the (successful) dosage in the meeces.

THANKS IF ANYBODY ACTUALLY KNOWS AND SAYS

_______

To know that one would have to start with knowing the dose given the mice (plus a lot of other stuff). Only the researchers know that, as far as I know. I am sorry. We are on our own for now.

There was "a report" by a writer/blogger Faessel (SeekingAlpha) in early June that "he heard" that the product Anatabloc (said to be 3x more anatabine than CigRx) would be out within weeks, but he was obviously wrong. Of course it could "come out" tomorrow. However, that too will say nothing about use regarding AD, I would have to guess, as it will be on-label for lowering (overall) inflammation (I presume).

There seems nothing that anyone can do, until the research is done and reported, but to try CigRx (if interested), and switch to Anatabloc (because it will apparently be cheaper per gm of anatabine) when it comes out.

I "think" the results of all this will start coming out by next Spring (I hope late fall) ... but I know that's no help for now. I wish I knew more to say.

Note as always that I am just a lay person who is following all this as best I can, and gathering what information I can, in the media.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Rose_Ro

are all the toxins removed?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Henry Quenin

Thank you very much for your kind response. I really appreciate your taking the time to address my questions regarding the percentage of anatabine content in one CigRx losenge. I'm still sticking to the 6 per day for my mom. I noticed a slight increase in her blood pressure after starting on CigRx but her body seems to be adjusting to it somehow and her blood pressure doesn't seem to be rising as much after 3 weeks of use.
Anonymous

You are most welcome. Wish I could do more.

I just spent some time on figuring the amount of anatabine in a cigarette. Very roughly, figuring .5g tobacco in a cigarette (.65 may be actual average), and figuring an average of 3% anatabine in "tobacco" (close, but that's raw, not cured & processed), I get something like .015g = 15mg of anatabine per cigarette ... unsmoked.

Smoking is not a perfect way to deliver it (some is not "smoked" but just "idled" away as second hand anatabine, etc), and so the figure 2/3mg (.67mg) anatabine per cigarette actually derived by user (and in a CigRx), and three times that ... 2mg ... per "Anatabloc", may be something close to right! Sounds like a good ballpark figure.

I don't think the figure is likely as important, what with the dosing info from the Anatabloc label, but nice to check figures.

My impression is that their biggest hope (at Roskamp Institute) is that continued low level anatabine, per anatabloc, will help prevent, or slow, the process in the pre-symptomatic stage, perhaps for all of us, or all with biggest risk profiles.

However, this amazing little plant-stuff just might surprise the dickens out of them in the AD trials, who knows? There was at least a hint at that possibility in the "in vitro" tests. I hope so. Very best to you and all.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Butchie

They are downplaying it because of past stock market experience of gigantic losses when claims of a cure failed to be true.

I'll be one of the first to try it.

From what I read it seems to be a derivative of tobacco without any nicotine. Used to help smokers quit. Looking back my wifes symptoms went on a fast track after she quit smoking. Also we have had a high level of others that have quit & may possibly be some explanation to our skyrocketing incidentce of alz/dementia. It is not a drug so can be on the market in as little as 2-3 months.

I got my info at a financial link (may be same link)
http://seekingalpha.com/#artic...alzheimer-s-disease/

It's a good read.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Educating myself.

The mouse study is famous by now.

So, can ANYONE say what dosage of CigRx (for a human) would correspond to the (successful) dosage in the meeces?

I have three boxes of this stuff. I don't need suggestions as to how much to let Mom have. What I need to know is what dosage of CigRx (for a human) would correspond to the (successful) dosage in the meeces.

THANKS IF ANYBODY ACTUALLY KNOWS AND SAYS

× Close Menu