Posted: Friday, January 6, 2012 12:32 PM
Originally posted by: CaterinaMaria

quote:
Originally posted by CaterinaMaria:
quote:
Originally posted by еуккн31:
quote:
Originally posted by smartmoney:
I'm a journalist, doing a story about the financial and estate-planning implications of getting married in your golden years (60s, 70s, 80s). I'm looking for sources and hope interested readers might respond. There are many things you have to plan for when you're heading to the altar later in life. What effect might the marriage have on estate plans? When do you need a prenuptial agreement? What happens to the adult children's inheritance when one spouse dies? What are the health care decisions older couples need to consider when getting married? If you know of anyone going through something like this or who's had to deal with these issues, I'd love to hear from you. Email: lscherzer@smartmoney.com.

I think that the marriage is a lottery. To expect the future - it is impossible. All depends on that as you were brought up by your parents.

__Your questions are valid but more complicated when you are caring for your mother-in-law who has Alzheimer.___________________________________

Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: smartmoney

I'm a journalist, doing a story about the financial and estate-planning implications of getting married in your golden years (60s, 70s, 80s). I'm looking for sources and hope interested readers might respond. There are many things you have to plan for when you're heading to the altar later in life. What effect might the marriage have on estate plans? When do you need a prenuptial agreement? What happens to the adult children's inheritance when one spouse dies? What are the health care decisions older couples need to consider when getting married? If you know of anyone going through something like this or who's had to deal with these issues, I'd love to hear from you. Email: lscherzer@smartmoney.com.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: еуккн31

quote:

I think that the marriage is a lottery. To expect the future - it is impossible. All depends on that as you were brought up by your parents.

Originally posted by: Alori

I suggest you contact an attorney who specialize in wills/trusts/estate and a divorce attorney --as in "what not to do". Do internet searches too, they yeild lots of info.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Because she's my mom!

Personally, I think these are good questions, and I often read "smartmoney.com" It is an excellent resource for financial information for all ages.
I will email you.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: CaterinaMaria

quote:
Originally posted by еуккн31:
quote:

Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Hey Guys and Gals,

FYI:

Smartmoney's post about getting married late in life is from 2007.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: pb

The caregivers' site has stories from women who married older men. You may find their stories interesting.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Rememberthis

Try suzeorman.com

× Close Menu