Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Rolling Walker
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 5:19 AM

Originally posted by: eileenv

Just wanted to pass along a successful purchase - the NOVA Cruiser Deluxe Classic Rolling Walker.
It's 13 pounds but, feels like it weighs nothing! It folds for storge and has the best hand breaks. So much easier to manuver with the 4 wheels than the old walker with 2 wheels and 2 sliders.
The padded fold-down seat and back rest are a plus.
Dad could figure it out with just alittle instruction.
I purchased ours from Spinlife.com at 1-800-850-0335 for $129.00 - free shipping and it arrived in 2 days.

Wow, who knew I could get so excited about a walker?
It's really all about the simple things in life - especially now.

Peace
Eileen
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Carolina Songbird

CB -- a 2008 post just means this is a "thread" or conversation that ended over a year ago, so you may not get many responses on it. If you would like more input, it might be best to start a new thread of your own.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: skericheri

Eileen---If you think about it, the rolling walker could be classed a success even if your mother could not use it. Assessing the situation, buying the walker, and having your father try it out...had to have given you some degree of satisfaction.

Heck if it does not work out for your mother, you can either sell it and recoup some of your money or donate it to a charity and take a tax write-off.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Crazy Blonde

Just got my husband a rollator when I found out that he was able to move much better pushing a WalMart cart!!! So now he has his own "cart" and he loves it. First thing he wanted to do was sit down in it -- of course -- they seem to do that best all day long so that made sense. Hint: they adjusted it so that the handles came to the middle of his hips -- but that still made him bend over when walking with it -- he tended to walk too far away from it instead of close to it. So I adjusted the handles up one notch and he now finds it better to walk with. Not sure who decided the best height to adjust it too, but for him they were not necessarily correct.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SnowyLynne

I have a rollator & love it......
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Johanna C.

Just a note to share that this is a 2008 thread.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Jan99

I got the 4-wheel walker from Costco. It moves so much easier than the 2wheel ones, especially turns, no effort at all. It is completely safe, it does not slide.

When I first brought it into the nursing home, they would not let my mom use it, claiming danger. They confined my mom to the wheelchair most of the time. They only care about their liability, not her welfare. If she becomes an invalid, which she will eventually, they can blame it on her aging, but if she falls, they are liable.

I took my mom home, now caring for her myself. She uses the walker everyday, she is very ambulatory, and she gained back her strength. She was almost at death's door after a year at the so called "skilled" nursing facility. Believe me, the "skilled" part is a big joke.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: joyce559

YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD TRY PUTTING TENNIS BALLS ON THE TWO LEGS WITHOUT WHEELS
Anonymous

Upadate on the rolling walker:

It moves too smoothly and easily.
Dad is used to the old-fashioned walker with the tennis balls on the bottom. He leans forward so much now, that the old walker works better as a support for him.

Mom is using the rolling walker now, so at least it wasn't a total waste of money.

Peace
Eileen
Anonymous

Oh I know, Nothing Ventured - Nothing Gained. I wish there was a store or facility that would let you try these things out at home before buying.
Peace
Eileen
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Crazy Blonde

Just read your note Johanna - I'm confused -- what does that mean - that it is a 2008 thread. I am so darn new to all of this so I am not up on all the lingo, etc.

× Close Menu