RSS Feed Print
latest on Enbrel? It's been over a year!
Internal Administrator
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:37 AM

Originally posted by: Devon1976

It's been over a year since talk of Enbrel being the next big thing started. Jan 11, is when I read all of the articles to be exact.

So I was wondering are there clinical trials being done now? Is this legit or was it just hype? How many people did it help? And finally does it actually reverse damage or just alleviate the symptoms?

If anyone knows anything about this supposed wonder drug, or if they know of anything recent i would be interested.

Devon
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Devon,
Enbrel is possibly a treatment for AD, severe arthritis and other inflammatory diseases. You don't have EOAD. Be glad you don't have it and please get the treatment you need for your problems.

Good Luck.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Twinie

Dear Devon, My husband has been on Enbrel for little over a year. Started in L.A. with Dr. T. and now going to Michigan. We live in N.J. I think it has slowed the disease down some. I don't know where he would be without it. It is definitely not a cure. I still see changes in his daily activities. He feels someone is actually giving him something useful and I can't take that away now. He will be 59 in March and diagnosed over three years ago. I just took his keys away but he goes out everyday with a companion to history and political classes at a local center, tennis and errands.Good luck, Sheryl
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Twinie

I feel Enbrel is working. My husband went to the Mall today with his companion and bought me perfume. He always bought me perfume. He said he knew I needed it and had it all wrapped up when I came home from work. He went there today bacause tennis was cancelled. I keep him very busy. Yes I do see changes in the last year, but without the injections I don't know where he would be. It is very expensive but as I said before priceless. His companion is just for driving. He is pretty self sufficient otherwise. Sheryl
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Felicia

Devon,

Please see the Enbrel for Alzheimer's thread in this forum. I bring my Mom to Dr. Tobinick in Los Angeles. Yes, the treatment is real. Yes, it seems to halt the disease reversing some symptoms in the beginning, then helping them maintain. It works for approx 80% of those who have tried it. If there is decline, it is very very slow. Most seem to not notice decline at all, or just slightly after a year. In my opinion, it can add years and years to the quality of life for the AD patient, and possibly keep it in check. It is not a cure, and needs to be continued anywhere from weekly to monthly until something better comes along. My Mom has been through some major setbacks this year with two major surgeries, so she is not the best "poster child" for the treatment. All I can say is that I don't think she would be here (mentally) at all if it wasn't for the Enbrel Treatments.

No, there haven't been any trials yet. It is available as an off-label medication, which means most insurance won't pay for it. Please see Dr. Tobinick's website for more info and some videos of patients and us caregivers...yes, I'm on there too!
http://www.nrimed.com/video1.html

Best wishes, Felicia
Anonymous

I know I probably don't have EOAD but I have become interested in this disease since my 'scare.' I want to keep on top of the latest treatment for this life changing illness. I think it's amazing that Enbrel could add years of quality life to those with AD. Simply amazing. So I hope that more people pay for it and wish it were covered by more health insurers. It sucks that there is so much red tape with all of the new treatments for any drug, but I hope they will eventually find a cure and save lives.

Devon
Anonymous
Originally posted by: KW1

Just came back from our new Neurologist. I asked about Enbrel, if she had heard anything, she knew about the injections, but shook her head when I asked if Mom could get them. Guess that's a big NO in MA.
Anonymous

That's wonderful that it's been helping him somewhat. But you don't think it reverses or slows down the degredation?

Devon

× Close Menu