Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
My 1st post
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:18 PM
Originally posted by: Rkg

ozarks, Welcome! Sorry this disease and the journey through it brought you here. But glad you found us.

Well, sounds as if your day was fun, fun, fun NOT! Sorry, I know how that goes. I would sugges
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: ozarks

I posted this in the "caregivers" form by mistake. Sorry

I've been lurking on the board for awhile, my wife has been on the patch and daily pill for about 2 1/2 years and it was miracle.

2 days ago she turned into a mean,hostile,and nasty mouth.

She wrecked her car about 6 months ago, single car accident she ran into telephone pole,she was ok. She hasn't driven again, until yesterday.

We've had a bad storm here icy roads, I caught her going down the drive way, she almost ran me over, I managed to jump out of the way and into the passenger seat.

She wouldn't stop told me "I could go F myself she was going to do whatever she wanted" she probably shared that comment with me a dozen time yesterday along with "you're a lier"

She got lost in a subdivision driving on the wrong side of road,(almost ran over a kid) I had to call the PD on my cell, they blocked off the road and got her stoped.

The PD put me the drivers seat and let me bring her home.

Now I'm a "traitor" who called the cops on her and "it's over between us"

She told me that the only person she'll "listen" to is her DR.
I left a message nobody is there (the weather I assume)

So here it is Friday morning and I think I'm in for it until Monday. President LBJ once said, "I can't run I can't hide and I can't make it stop." I can relate to that.

I finely got her to bed about midnight and she had very busy day, hopefully she'll sleep in late.

Thanks for letting me vent. making thru the next 3 days, I don't have a choice
Anonymous
Originally posted by: meeko11

1.800.272.3900 Ozark please call this 24/7 number for someone to help you through the week and.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Snorky

Ozark, wow I'm sorry what you've been through! When they get that way there is no reasoning with them as she doesn't know how anymore. I have to keep telling myself that when my DH does the anger thing and it's very hard.

I presume you must live in the Ozarks as I do too. I'm at Pomme de Terre.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Roger G. care partner

Ozark,

I know the feeling. My wife did the same thing and one time I had to call the cops to keep her in the neighborhood. The bad periods lasted for about a day or two.....then calmed down until the next episode. I was lucky in that I had her daughter who would come and get her until she wanted to know where I was. Then we would go until it happened again.

The spells got less and less as time goes by. Hang in there. Not easy but just know this also will pass. To be replaced with something else.

Hopefully the weekend will be peaceful......You have a good chance she will wake up in the morning no remembering anything.

Get the keys though. Disable her car so she can not use it.

Phyllis and Roger
Anonymous
Originally posted by: sf

ozarks, I have been in your situation, I can so relate. Hopefully the hospital will be able to eliminate any probable physical causes (e.g. a UTI) and adjust her medications as required. It took a few tries to find the right meds, but my dH is now back to his sweet self. The driving issues still pop up on occasion but nowhere near as often or as badly as it did. Doubtful that she'll remember. Being in the hospital may well trigger a worsening of her condition, it did for my DH. We went back to normal a few days after we were back home. Good luck
Anonymous
Originally posted by: meeko11

ozarks please keep us in the loop. If needed we will tie the loops into a rope which we will throw to you as a life line.
Anonymous

Well without a blow by blow, she was taken by ambulance to the hospital.

It came down to getting into the ambulance and going to the hospital or being arrested,shipped to county jail for evaluation and then the hospital.

I asked her to go in the ambulance and to my surprise she said yes.

I was told that the hospital in Harrison doesn't the facilities so she will be transported to another facility, and they will call and let me know.

I don't whats next? Temporary set back/new normal.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: sf

She probably is right, get some rest while you can, have hope.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: jfkoc

Welcome...we are with you now!!!!

We hd our own driving episode a couple of days ago. You think it is the additionl challange of driving on ice that is ppealing. (LOL at a not really funny situation)

How come no one posted to check for UTD? That always seems to be the first thing everyboidy says to check!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: jfkoc

OOPS...tht would be UTI not UTD
Anonymous

Well, I got call from her nurse she has calmed down some, a strange environment seems to have that affect.

They are trying to get admitted into a facility in Fayetteville ( about 100 miles away) the nurse seems to think it's temporary and that adjustment of her medication will fix her up.

I hope she's right.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Mimi S.

Hi Ozarks. We're so glad you found us and so sorry for what the past few days have done to your wife and you.

Please do call the 1-800-272-3900 and ask to speak with a Care Consultant. I think you really need to speak one on one with a professional about what is going on.

And do back for some great support.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Starling

First of all rest while you can.

Second do call the hot line and talk to someone. The number is in this thread. You did the right thing. Some of our LOs can't stay home with us. When we are in the middle of the crazy stuff we just keep on trying to hold things together. But when they are in the hospital, we get to think. I got very good advice from the hot line when it happened to me and I called them to ask what to do next.

We don't have to do all of this ourselves. It just feels like we do when we are in the middle of it all.

× Close Menu