Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
LO wearing disposable's?
Anonymous
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:19 PM
Originally posted by: IBUMPY

Maria Ag,
My wife has been in them for a couple years.Yes its a movement in the other direction. I didn't like it at first but its easier to toss a soild depends away than it is to wash there clothes. Bedding and alot more. In a NH it helps alot by keeping the smell down as they are not watched as closely as at home.I can catch my wife some of the time and take her to the bathroom but others its not possible.
hope this helps
Tom
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Cathy J. M.

Sometimes a facility will use disposable automatically, even when they're not necessary. When my partner went to a geripsych unit, I insisted that she be able to dress as usual in underpants with a pad, and the aide was grumpy about it but hey, there I was, insisting.

So I'd look into it more to see why the change.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Rkg

Do you think it's a permanent situation or just because of the fire and all the chaos?

My thought would be that they have a fire and have just moved all the residents to one cramped ward. They probably put on disposables just to help in the chaos of the whole crazy day dealing with a fire.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: Maria Ag

When did this happen and what does it mean? I went to NH Sunday, they had a fire in the laundry room, everyone was fine. They had to put everyone in one side of the building which was very confusing to them, some were screaming, some were fighting and it was sad. My hubby was just sitting there against the wall, he said he was happy to see me when I got there.
Any way, when I was able to take him back to his room, I had to change his clothes, I notice they had disposable on him and I just have not been able to talk with anyone right now about it. Is this something I need to tell our doctor about, does this mean he is advancing on his dementia? I did not like it, but that's just me.
Any suggestions?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Auds girl

Maria,
Sometimes it is because of the disease, or it could have been because of the fire. If it is because of the first that is a change in you LO's careplan for him and you should have been told of it. I would also tell the MD next time that your LO is seen. He may be at increase risk of infections especially the rotten UTI's, skin break down depending due to toileting schedule, and the peri care that the staff does.
Let us know if we can be with any help we are here for you.

× Close Menu