Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Brightwings
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:37 PM

Originally posted by: patcor

Just noticed you were on the Boards - thought I'd ask how things are going. It's quite an adjustment. Hope you are well.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: brightwings

Hi Patcor--
I think I'm doing pretty well... (said tentatively). I'm picking up different parts of my life, enjoying the freedom to be out in the world.
Find I do most of my "work" in my dreams--trying to clean out an attic-- that is stuffed with large furniture and papers and ....

Still feel mama's presence strongly. I don't know when/if that will fade. She's such a part of me.
I'm approaching the end of the shloshim--the first thirty days. Yesterday I lost my voice--literally--and have stayed home today in quietness rather than going to work. I needed this time alone, not pushing. Hope I can talk at least by saturday!

How are you doing? How is your dad?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: patcor

Glad to hear you're doing "pretty well". Hope you get your voice back!

We're doing okay. Dad had a heart attack a few weeks ago. Had to have two stents put in his by-passed arteries. Guess I'm not entirely done with caregiving. The guy's a walking 6 million dollar man. He's got more fake parts than real at this point, but still going strong.

I miss Mom - though her ashes are in my china closet (so the cat doesn't get them). Dad wants her buried with him when he passes. The first month or so didn't bother me so much, but it seems to be catching up with me now - I definitely have my moments.

Trying to start some new routines now that the weather is getting better - doing a lot of walking (as a matter of fact, walked all the way to Brighton last weekend - took the train home though). It's definitely helping with my sleeping.

Take care of yourself. I believe we're in for a long journey.

× Close Menu