Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
I don't think I'm strong enough
Internal Administrator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 5:42 PM

Originally posted by: Beth M2

DH was fired thursday by his son. That means there's nothing for him to pretend to do this upcoming week. Last Monday he ranted and raved about how repulsive I was to him. Yesterday at our granddaughters 5th bday party he was too embarassed to be seen with such an old woman (me). He offended people, no one wanted to talk to him and he left early after standing awkwarding alone for some time.
This morning he wants all to be forgotten and forgiven and got amorous. I said, but I repulse you!!! Whats the deal. He said no I don't repulse him he just hates my hair color, my weight (size 8), and my wrinkles. He also hates my friends, my new store, and..... I said this is your way of being amorous- humiliting me?
Well we're not speaking t one another now- cause I'm such an ungrateful b***.
He has FTD, I know that that makes him egocentric to the extreme. I know he's going through the aggression phase. I know I shouldn't take this personally... but
I feel ugly, alone, assaulted. I don't thing I'mstrong enough to continue to feel my love and be able to express it. I just feel sad.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: JAB

FTD is a dreadful disease.

Beth, have you talked with your doctor about the stress you are under? A mild anxiolytic or antidepressant might soften the edges. Or get a referral to integrative medicine to learn stress reduction techniques ... or a referral to a therapist to whom you can pour out your heart.

Talk with your Area Agency on Aging, and see what sorts of programs might be available in your neck of the woods -- Adult Day Care to keep him busy and feeling useful, for example.
http://www.aoa.gov/AoARoot/AoA...s/find_agencies.aspx
Anonymous
Originally posted by: k mason

Hi Beth, I'm sorry to read that you're going through a difficult time, it must be very frustrating & hard for you. My wife has FTD but is placid & low maintenance in the histrionics dept. thank god. I don't know how I would react if my wife was belligerent & behaved the way your husband does. I visit my wife every day in the ALF & enjoy being with her, I look forward to my visit's & depressed when I leave, however, as I wrote earlier if she was difficult my attitude may be different, stay strong Beth.

× Close Menu