Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Chess seems to help focus
Internal Administrator
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 1:04 PM

Originally posted by: AllysonNg

Something that I always enjoy doing with my Dad is play chess. He seems always focused when he's playing and for sometime after. Cool
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Deirdre44

quote:
Originally posted by AllysonNg:
Something that I always enjoy doing with my Dad is play chess. He seems always focused when he's playing and for sometime after. Cool

That's very nice Smiler I so do not ''get'' chess. A guy I went out with was supposed to teach me, and we never made it that far Smiler My nieces and nephews have learned it, I need to get one of them to teach me Smiler

Have fun!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SherylS

We'll be spending a week with grandkids over Thanksgiving. I think Grandpa will be a willing partner for some rousing games of UNO with the 6 1/2yr twins!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: SherylS

Chess was just never our game.

But, He does love cribbage so I need to ask our neighbor if he plays.

Just this week, I've set hubby up with lights and bought some 100pc and 300 pc puzzles at the thrift store. It took him 5hrs and he got the larger one done. He was very proud of himself! So was I as that gave me 5hr of him not jumping up and down and wandering around the house. Smiler

I also suggested Solitaire so he's been flipping the cards around all day. Since he turns them over 1 at a time, he wins every time!

I'm now wondering if one of those large posters that can be colored in with felt markers would be a good brain exercise?
Anonymous
Originally posted by: terromari

Played tic-tac-toe with my honey at the NH last evening. Will try that again today, as I am going in at lunchtime on my way to work. I am also going to see if I can find some easy card or word games. They say he is doing well on the unit word games. So that's a good sign. Got to keep his brain going till there is a cure, no?

× Close Menu