Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
sometimes ya just have to laugh
Anonymous
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:22 PM
Originally posted by: impatient9

I am totally new to this forum.

My mom has been livingwith me for almost a year and was doing really well till august when she had oral surgery and for whatever reason, just took a nosedive. She is ifdgety, wants to walk around and touch things, hates to use her walker, is almost completely unable to speak any more. She's had UTIs but they're being treated and I am not seeing improvement.

I'd like to keep her from being agitated or frustrated or bored----I'd like her to have some fun.

what to do?!?!?!
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Lisa 428

Dear Impatient9,

Hello and Welcome to the AD Message Boards. I'm sorry to hear about your Mom but I am glad you've found us.

Sounds like your Mom needs to see her doctor and get a medication check. Sounds like the doctor does not have her medications tweeked enough to handle her symptoms!!

You may want to post on the "Caregiver's Forum." You'll get many more replies.

Good Luck. Please, come back and share more with us.
Internal Administrator

Originally posted by: jll

my mom has been diagnosed with AD since nov. 2006. she has had a stroke in jan. 2009 so she is now in a wheelchair and in a hospital bed. i tell her i love her about a dozen times or more a day. this afternoon i said "i love you" to her and she said "thank you", then i said "how do you know i love you mom" she answered me without hesitation for an answer and she said to me "because your supose to" i laughed so hard, it was so cute. then she asked me who house this was, i told her it was her house, then she wanted to know who takes care of the bills, i told her i do and then i told her i buy the grocerys and she told me " you should, you eat more than i do", THEN the clincher she said "do you stay upstairs in your old room?" and i told her "yes i do". THEN she asked me "how much do you pay me for rent". she was having a good day today. it was so good to see her laugh.

just wanted to share this story. i thought it was so cute.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Iris L.

Your Mom was on the ball today!

Iris L.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: MaryOnly

My mom has been in rehab recovering from pneumonia, and last week, my brother walked in during her PT just as my mother was exclaiming, "Surely, shouldn't you be paying me since clearly I'm the one who doing all the work?"
Anonymous
Originally posted by: JenCris

Yea! my mom has had to good days in a row this week. The things she came up with had me and her provider rolling in the floor laughing. You have to enjoy the good moments you have because there are a lot more bad times than good I'm afraid.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get. Forrest Gump movie
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Deirdre44

Love those days...My grandmothers were both so funny.

I do think this disease brings out something so funny in them (and us)

This is why my mom drove me nuts when I came in this evening. SO many one liners! Then she was playing with the stuffed animals (when she was calming down), just cuddling them to pieces.
Anonymous
Originally posted by: Joanna33

My grandma just came home from a four day stay in the hospital...one night while she was in the bed and I was "sleeping" in the chair the nurse came in and cleaned her hands (with that hand sanitizing cleaner that smells like alcohol). Well the nurse came over and my grandma immediately asked what the smell was and the nurse said "alcohol" to which my grandma responsed with "Well give me a double shot of whatever your drinking" I could do nothing but laugh...and to think, my grandma never drank a drop in her life.

× Close Menu