Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Please STOP using regular household cleaners
Internal Administrator
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2012 2:31 PM

Originally posted by: keleeleee

Hi all~ I don't want to upset or bother anyone, just wanted to give a little info that I found useful. I own a assisted living facility w/ alzheimers/dementia/brain injured/developmentally disabled people. I also have a young son who is autistic. I have done a lot of research and tried a lot of different things and I have found Honest information all over about household cleaning supplies and grooming products having dangerous chemicals in them such as neurotoxins (which causes neurological problems). I have stopped completely at the assisted living and my own home using any of these products and instead using natural non-toxic stuff. I know it sounds crazy, but the reason average people don't know about this is because the companies are only required to issue a warning label for ingestion of the products, but a large percentage of problems are from absorption and inhalation. I am NOT trying to get you to buy anything or join anything, I just want to help a little if I can. If you want more info go to http://weofferabetterlife.com
Anonymous
Originally posted by: eileenv

quote:
Originally posted by annaleise:
Hi I agree, I found a wonderful company on line called www.allsclean.com. http://weofferabetterlife.com[/URL]
[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to say, I ordered the toilet mat and after 3 weeks it is still working great!
It is impreganated with some anti-stink stuff and you can't smell the urine. When you flip it over, then you can smell it. This product really helps control the odor in-between cleanings.

At over $10 each, it ain't cheap, but it does work.

Thank you Annaleisefaye for the referal.
I might not agree with everything you say, but I do try to keep an open mind on new things.I still use commercial cleaners to disinfect.

Eileen
Anonymous
Originally posted by: eileenv

quote:
Originally posted by keleeleee:
Please be careful of the ingredients in the wipes, a lot of them contain bleach that can be very harmful

My husband has taught HAZMAT and HAZWOPER classes for 12 years - All chemicals are poisonous but you must remember, it's the dose/amount you receive.
Unless you are going to suck on the clean-up wipes or rub them in your eyes, the amount you are exposed to is not going to hurt you.
I'd rather work with the bleach than deal with a bio-hazard from urine/fecal matter.
Eileen
Anonymous
Originally posted by: annaleise

Hi I agree, I found a wonderful company on line called www.allsclean.com. It was started by a caregiver, just like us. I am using a product called Ecogent Family Kit. This product is both environmently friendly and nontoxic. On the website there is all the information to support this product and the different green seals it has won. My house now breathes easier and there are no worries. this product is the only one I am presently using for the last 2 months and we all feel better. I am also saving alot of money.
quote:
Originally posted by keleeleee:
Hi all~ I don't want to upset or bother anyone, just wanted to give a little info that I found useful. I own a assisted living facility w/ alzheimers/dementia/brain injured/developmentally disabled people. I also have a young son who is autistic. I have done a lot of research and tried a lot of different things and I have found Honest information all over about household cleaning supplies and grooming products having dangerous chemicals in them such as neurotoxins (which causes neurological problems). I have stopped completely at the assisted living and my own home using any of these products and instead using natural non-toxic stuff. I know it sounds crazy, but the reason average people don't know about this is because the companies are only required to issue a warning label for ingestion of the products, but a large percentage of problems are from absorption and inhalation. I am NOT trying to get you to buy anything or join anything, I just want to help a little if I can. If you want more info go to http://weofferabetterlife.com

Anonymous
Originally posted by: annaleise

Hi, I also found environmentaly friend cleaner at www.allsclean.com. This company was stared by a caregiver and has many helpful tips. I have using Ecogent since June and have been very happy with the results. My Father is breathing easier with less chemicals in our home and the price is much less than commerical cleaners. I am saving a lot of money. Ecogent costs pennies rather than dollars. I though I would share this information.

× Close Menu