The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. Information we collect from you is used to provide you with the ability to use certain aspects of ALZConnected. If you provide additional personal information it may also be used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, and respond to your questions.
We collect two types of information on our website:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data — or totals of those visiting from a domain — not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect email addresses for three purposes:
- Create an ALZConnected account at your request. This and other account credentials are collected only when you provide them to us.
- Store as potential account credentials to be used across other ALZ Parties products/services such as Alzheimer’s Navigator or the Community Resource Finder. You will be presented with the option to apply your ALZConnected account credentials to the account creation process in these tools with your expressed permission to do so.
- The user has the responsibility to indicate what information will be made public or available to their connections. All privacy settings can be managed through your profile.
Use of personal information
The ALZ Parties collect information on the website. We do not sell, trade or rent our website visitor’s personal information to others other than those outlined in this section. If you willingly provide us your personal information, the ALZ Parties may use it in the following ways:
Donations. When you make an online donation to us, it’s possible your name may be on some mailing lists shared with other reputable organizations. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists. See the Your Choice section below to learn how.
Email Information Requests and Questions. When we respond to your email requests or questions, we may collect your email address and send you Alzheimer’s Association email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
E-News: When you sign up to receive Alzheimer's Association e-news, we collect your email address and may also notify you about other information we think you will find valuable. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
Event Registration. The Alzheimer’s Association provides online registration for our major events, such as the education and research conferences and our Walk to End Alzheimer's®. We may collect your email address and send you Alzheimer’s Association email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
Write Congress: We track the number of letters sent to members of Congress on a password-protected website. At this time, we do not use personal information you provide us.
By using the ALZConnected or Alzheimer's Association website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting removal.
- To remove your name from the Alzheimer's Association postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.
- To review or correct your personal information with the Alzheimer's Association, please provide your name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. At the Alzheimer’s Association, your personal information is kept confidential and stored in a secure environment. Access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose. For example, our finance employees need access to information to process online donations. If you have any questions about the security at our website, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
The Alzheimer's Association uses pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online placements (advertising or other).
Please report any violations of these terms and conditions to the Alzheimer's Association by completing our Contact Form. Submitted forms generally receive a response within 24 hours during regular business hours. Any urgent concerns after hours and during weekends should be reported to the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900. Please inform the Helpline worker of your ALZConnected concern and your call will be handled as soon as possible.