Terms and Conditions
ALZConnected is a place where people can come together to share questions, ideas, triumphs and struggles that revolve around Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. We encourage you to be a part of this growing community of strength and support subject to the following terms and conditions, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you.
The terms and conditions described below have been developed with the intent to uphold our goal of providing a supportive online environment for our members. While the terms and conditions attempt to address the most common questions asked about using ALZConnected, we acknowledge that not every question or circumstance can be anticipated or covered. Members with questions or feedback about any portion of these terms and conditions are encouraged to contact the ALZConnected administrators by completing our Contact Form.
You understand and agree that membership in ALZConnected may include certain communications from the Alzheimer’s Association, such as service announcements and administrative messages, and that these communications are considered part of your participation in ALZConnected and you will not be able to opt out of them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance ALZConnected shall be subject to these guidelines.
You understand and agree that ALZConnected is provided “AS-IS” and that the Alzheimer's Association assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, missed delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to ALZConnected, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges) and you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access ALZConnected.
Back to top
Terms of Service
Permission to Use the Service
We grant you permission to use the Service subject to the restrictions in these Terms of Service. Your use of the Service is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate. You are solely responsible for the type and volume of information you provide the Alzheimer’s Association through the ALZConnected UI.
While the Alzheimer’s Association seeks to provide an acceptable level of site performance the Service may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
Two ways to access ALZConnected site content and features:
- Registration not Required (Browse message boards/Community Solutions)
Visitors to ALZConnected are allowed to take a tour of the community to review the public content areas and certain features without being required to register and create an account. Visitors or unregistered users must adhere tothe same user agreement terms as registered users.
- Registration Required
In order to access certain areas or functionality, visitors must register to create an account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account credentials and the additional personal information. You understand that by creating an account you are responsible to use the available settings provided to you in the User Interface (UI) settings. By agreeing to these terms and conditions you are also agreeing to the collection and use of the information in accordance with your user agreement terms and conditions.
Your Registration Obligations
In consideration of your use of ALZConnected, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other application jurisdiction. You also agree to (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when prompted and (b) maintain and promptly update your information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or the Alzheimer's Association has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Alzheimer's Association may, in its sole discretion, suspend or terminate your participation in ALZConnected and refuse any and all current or future use of ALZConnected (or portion thereof).
“Content” is anything created by a visitor on ALZConnected or associated Alzheimer’s Association program, product or Website. “Your Content” is anything you create and submit/post to Us. “Us” is the Alzheimer’s Association, its affiliated entities, and chapters (the “ALZ Parties”).
- Responsibility for Your Content
You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone's reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You represent that you own, or have the necessary permissions to use and authorize the use of Your Content as described herein. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by the Alzheimer’s Association or the ALZ Parties or ALZConnected.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, confidentiality right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
- Our Right to Use Your Content
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms ("Other Media"). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. You also irrevocably grant the users of the Service and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Service and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against the ALZ Parties ALZConnected or any other party or programs and our users of any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and the Alzheimer’s Association and its associated programs and parties, we own Your Content in terms of any content posted to ALZConnected or on an Alzheimer’s Association affiliated programs or Websites. This includes but is not limited to the content created and posted in ALZConnected. Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Service excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (the "IP Rights") associated with ALZConnected Content and the Service, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Service and the Content are retained by us.
The ALZ Parties and their strategic relationship companies may publicly display advertisements or sponsorships and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice to you. For example, we may use a comment posted by you in our e-news or other communications. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms of Service on your behalf against another user. While we encourage you to let us know if you believe another user has violated the Terms of Service, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
Back to top
Pros and Cons of a Large Electronic Community
ALZConnected is growing every day. Its size is one of its strengths. As you participate, though, please be aware that electronic communications, often written quickly, are easily misconstrued. In a healthy social networking community, exchanges may heat up between members who share different viewpoints. Communication in the online world exists without the normal signposts of facial expressions, body language and voice tone, thereby emphasizing the meaning of the actual words. Given the challenges of online communication, it might be helpful to assume a positive intent.
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials (“Content”), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not the ALZ Parties, are entirely responsible for all Content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via ALZConnected. The ALZ Parties do not control the Content posted via ALZConnected and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using ALZConnected, you may be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the ALZ Parties be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available to you via ALZConnected.
You agree not to use ALZConnected to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to an ALZ Parties official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through ALZConnected;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- cut or copy Content and then paste to yours or another’s blog, chat room, or any other online communication and information tool;
- interfere with or disrupt ALZConnected or servers or networks connected to ALZConnected, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to ALZConnected;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- “stalk” or otherwise harass other ALZConnected members;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell or exploit Content for individual gain or any commercial purpose;
- collect or store personal data about other users in connection with the prohibited conduct and activities set forth in paragraphs “a” through “l” above.
The posting of inflammatory content will not be tolerated. Inflammatory content includes, but is not limited to:
- Name calling
- Vulgar language
- Sexually inappropriate comments
- Hostile comments or complaints about other ALZConnected members and/or their opinions
- Attacks on other ALZConnected members
Content of this nature will be edited and/or deleted. If the behavior continues, the individual may be suspended or eventually banned from ALZConnected. If you notice any misuse of ALZConnected, please report any misuse by using our Contact Form.
While some level of monitoring may occur, in no way do the ALZ Parties claim to monitor or view all Content and you acknowledge that the ALZ Parties may or may not pre-screen Content. The ALZ Parties and their designees shall, however, have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, edit, or remove any Content that is available via ALZConnected. Without limiting the foregoing, the ALZ Parties and their designees shall have the right to edit or remove any Content that violates these guidelines or is otherwise objectionable. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness or such Content.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that the ALZ Parties may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the guidelines; (c) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the ALZ Parties, users and constituents, and the public.
Social networking exchanges may feel like actual “conversations,” but the rules of polite online behavior are different. In a social networking exchange, it is perfectly acceptable not to respond to everyone who responds to your message. This is particularly true if someone is taking the topic in a direction you didn’t intend. Please try to keep in mind that the main purpose of ALZConnected is to provide support and information to those affected by Alzheimer’s disease.
Back to top
Content Submitted or Made Available for Inclusion in ALZConnected
ALZConnected allows you to connect with other members similar to you and/or your situation by providing you with suggested “Connections.” You control who you invite to be a Connection and which Connection invitations you choose to accept. When you make a Connection, you can communicate with that member via private messaging, view his or her profile, and see his or her activity.
When using the Connections, please keep the following in mind:
- By creating an account profile and providing personal information beyond the standard account credentials (email address, password, etc.) you are agreeing to allow the ALZ Parties to collect, store and use that information for purposes outlined in these terms and conditions. In addition to using your personal information for the purpose of the matching process where ALZConnected users are matched and given the optional opportunity to connect with each other (become Connections), you understand that your information will not be shared with external parties but may be carried over for features available in other Alzheimer’s Association programs including but not limited to Alzheimer’s Navigator and the Community Resource Finder as is relevant to the user experience outlined in the user agreements for those programs.
- You are responsible for your interactions with your Connections. The Alzheimer’s Association does not ordinarily conduct background checks on ALZConnected members and cannot guarantee the nature of conduct among Connections. However, the Alzheimer’s Association reserves the right to conduct any background check or other type of screening at any time using available public records.
- In no event shall the ALZ Parties be liable for any damages, whether they be direct, indirect, general, specific, consequential, and/or incidental as a result from, or relating to, interactions between Connections and/or other ALZConnected members. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with Connections and other ALZConnected members. The ALZ Parties make no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your satisfaction with your Connections or the information gathered, shared or received from use of ALZConnected.
- Information used by the ALZ Parties to match users is maintained as private and only general information such as your relationship to the person with dementia (daughter, spouse, etc) is shared with potential matches. You control what specific information about yourself you wish others to see or have access to.
- Please notify us of any of the following by completing our Contact Form:
- You receive an inappropriate private message from a Connection;
- A Connection’s profile seems suspicious in any way;
- A Connection requests money from you or tries to sell you a product or service;
- You receive a job opportunity or business proposal from a Connection;
- You notice any other suspicious activity by a Connection that makes you feel uncomfortable.
ALZConnected allows you to create private groups and invite ALZConnected members to join those groups. The Alzheimer’s Association also maintains a select number of public groups that you can join. When you create a private group, you control who you invite to be a part of that group; you also control which private group invitations you choose to accept. You can discontinue a group you created, and you can leave a group you joined at any time. Group pages provide a space for group members to interact, share, and comment on what others have shared.
When you create or join a group, please keep the following in mind:
- You are responsible for your interactions within the group. The Alzheimer’s Association does not ordinarily conduct background checks for group members and cannot guarantee the nature of conduct within groups. However, the Alzheimer’s Association reserves the right to conduct any background checks or other type of screening at any time using available public records.
- In no event shall the ALZ Parties be liable for any damages, whether they be direct, indirect, general, specific, consequential, and/or incidental as a result from, or relating to, interactions within groups. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions within groups. The ALZ Parties make no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your satisfaction with your group experiences.
- Please notify us of any of the following by completing our Contact Form:
- A group member makes an inappropriate or offensive comment within the group;
- A group member requests money from other members or tries to sell a product or service;
- A group member presents a job opportunity or business proposal;
- You notice any other suspicious activity by a group member that makes you feel uncomfortable.
ALZConnected provides the opportunity for its registered users to share best practices, coping strategies and helpful suggestions in a community oriented platform. This user generated content is not endorsed, recommended or necessarily supported by the ALZ Parties. This feature is meant solely for the purpose of allowing our registered users to get their questions answered by others who have or are experiencing similar challenges and successes. Content including questions, responses, reviews, posts, etc. must adhere to the Guidelines for Participants.
Contributions to ALZConnected
By submitting ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals ("Contributions") to ALZConnected, you acknowledge and agree that (a) your Contributions do not contain confidential or proprietary information; (b) the ALZ Parties are not under any obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Contributions; (c) the ALZ Parties shall be entitled to use or disclose (or choose not to use or disclose) such Contributions for any purpose, in any way, in any media worldwide; (d) the ALZ Parties may have something similar to the Contributions already under consideration or in development; (e) your Contributions automatically become the property of the Alzheimer's Association without any obligation of the Alzheimer's Association to you; and (f) you are not entitled to any compensation or reimbursement of any kind from the ALZ Parties under any circumstances.
A hyperlink is a web address that appears in a different color and is underlined. Clicking on a hyperlink will take you to a new web page. While some hyperlinks are extremely helpful, others can make information available that could be harmful. To help us maintain a safe and supportive community, please use caution and respect for members who may select the posted hyperlinks and only post hyperlinks that fulfill the purpose of ALZConnected. Any questionable hyperlinks may be edited and/or deleted. If you are unsure of whether a web address is permissible, feel free to contact the administrators by completing our Contact Form.
Research or Projects
The Alzheimer's Association does not permit posts to ALZConnected that ask for support or participation regarding research, media, or related types of projects. Posts of this nature will be removed. If you are a researcher, we encourage you to visit the Alzheimer's Association TrialMatch web site (www.alz.org/trialmatch) and click on the link, "How to include a trial or trial site" to learn how to submit your study for inclusion in the TrialMatch database. If you are conducting a media or other type of project, we encourage you to contact the Alzheimer’s Association at the location nearest you (www.alz.org/apps/findus.asp).
You agree to indemnify and hold the ALZ Parties and their affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through ALZConnected, your use of ALZConnected, your connection to ALZConnected, your violation of these guidelines, or your violation of any rights of other ALZConnected members.
Use and Storage
You acknowledge that the Alzheimer's Association may establish general practices and limits concerning use of and participation in ALZConnected, including without limitation the maximum number of days that email messages, message board postings or other uploaded Content will be retained by ALZConnected, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by an individual in ALZConnected, the maximum size of any email message that may be sent from or received by an individual in ALZConnected, the maximum disk space that will be allotted on the ALZ Parties’ servers on your behalf, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access ALZConnected in a given period of time. You agree that the ALZ Parties have no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any messages and other communications or other Content maintained or transmitted by ALZConnected. You further acknowledge that the Alzheimer's Association reserves the right to modify these general practices and limits from time to time.
Modifications to ALZConnected
The Alzheimer's Association reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue ALZConnected (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the ALZ Parties shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of ALZConnected.
You agree that, in addition to or in lieu of other forms of sanction such as a written or verbal warning or suspension, the Alzheimer's Association may, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate your usage of, and access to, ALZConnected. Cause for such termination shall include, but not be limited to, (a) breaches or violations of these guidelines or other associated agreements or guidelines, (b) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (c) a request by you (self-initiated account deletions), (d) discontinuance or material modification to ALZConnected (or any part thereof), (e) unexpected technical or security issues or problems, (f) extended periods of inactivity, and/or (g) engagement by you in fraudulent or illegal activities in connection with ALZConnected. Termination of your participation in ALZConnected includes (a) removal of access to all offerings within ALZConnected, (b) deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your account (or any part thereof), and (c) barring of further use of ALZConnected. Further, you agree that all terminations for cause shall be made in the Alzheimer's Association’s sole discretion and that the ALZ Parties shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your use and/or participation in or access to ALZConnected.
Back to top
Disclaimer of Warranties
You expressly understand and agree that:
- Your use of ALZConnected is at your sole risk. ALZConnected is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Alzheimer's Association, ALZ Parties and their affiliates, officers, employees, agents, strategic relationship companies and licensors expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- The Alzheimer's Association, ALZ Parties and their affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors make no warranty that (i) ALZConnected will meet your requirements; (ii) ALZConnected will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free; (iii) The results, if any, that may be obtained from the use of ALZConnected will be accurate or reliable; (iv) the quality of any products, services, or information obtained by you through ALZConnected will meet your
expectations; and (v) any errors in ALZConnected or its supporting systems will be corrected.
- Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of ALZConnected is accessed at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the
download of any such material.
- No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from the Alzheimer's Association or ALZ Parties through or from ALZConnected shall create any warranty not expressly stated in these guidelines.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that the Alzheimer's Association, ALZ Parties and their affiliates, officers, employees, agents, partners and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if the Alzheimer's Association has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from (i) the use or the inability to use ALZConnected; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any third party on ALZConnected; or (iv) any other matter relating to ALZConnected.
These guidelines constitute the entire agreement between you and the ALZ Parties and govern your use of ALZConnected, superseding any prior agreements between you and the Alzheimer's Association or the ALZ Parties with respect to ALZConnected.
Choice of Law and Forum
These guidelines and the relationship between you and the ALZ Parties shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and the Alzheimer's Association agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within Cook County, Illinois.
Waiver and Severability of Terms
The failure of the ALZ Parties to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these guidelines shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these guidelines is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the guidelines remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations
You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to your use of ALZConnected or the guidelines must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
Back to top
The Alzheimer’s Association is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. Information we collect from you is used to provide you with the ability to use certain aspects of ALZConnected. If you provide additional personal information it may also be used to improve our site, provide you a better experience, and respond to your questions.
We collect two types of information on our website:
- Web server traffic information. This information is used to determine the number of visitors to our site, length of stay and sources of traffic. We collect aggregate data — or totals of those visiting from a domain — not information identifying individual users. We use this information to help improve our site and our service to you.
- Personal information provided by you. We collect email addresses for three purposes:
- Create an ALZConnected account at your request. This and other account credentials are collected only when you provide them to us.
- Store as potential account credentials to be used across other ALZ Parties products/services such as Alzheimer’s Navigator or the Community Resource Finder. You will be presented with the option to apply your ALZConnected account credentials to the account creation process in these tools with your expressed permission to do so.
- The user has the responsibility to indicate what information will be made public or available to their connections. All privacy settings can be managed through your profile.
Use of personal information
The ALZ Parties collect information on the website. We do not sell, trade or rent our website visitor’s personal information to others other than those outlined in this section. If you willingly provide us your personal information, the ALZ Parties may use it in the following ways:
Donations. When you make an online donation to us, it’s possible your name may be on some mailing lists shared with other reputable organizations. As a donor, you may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists. See the Your Choice section below to learn how.
Email Information Requests and Questions. When we respond to your email requests or questions, we may collect your email address and send you Alzheimer’s Association email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
E-News: When you sign up to receive Alzheimer's Association e-news, we collect your email address and may also notify you about other information we think you will find valuable. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
Event Registration. The Alzheimer’s Association provides online registration for our major events, such as the education and research conferences and our Walk to End Alzheimer's®. We may collect your email address and send you Alzheimer’s Association email bulletins or news. To opt out and remove your name from future emails of this type, follow the unsubscribe instructions in the message.
Write Congress: We track the number of letters sent to members of Congress on a password-protected website. At this time, we do not use personal information you provide us.
By using the ALZConnected or Alzheimer's Association website, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.
We respect your privacy and recognize that you may wish to limit the ways in which we contact you. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- To remove your name from mailing lists shared with other organizations, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting removal.
- To remove your name from the Alzheimer's Association postal mailing list, please provide your full name, mailing address and a sentence requesting suppression of your personal information in our files.
- To review or correct your personal information with the Alzheimer's Association, please provide your name and a sentence requesting a review or a correction.
We take every precaution to protect your personal information. At the Alzheimer’s Association, your personal information is kept confidential and stored in a secure environment. Access to your information is restricted only to authorized staff with a legitimate and specific business purpose. For example, our finance employees need access to information to process online donations. If you have any questions about the security at our website, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
A cookie is a piece of data sent to your Web browser and stored on your hard drive. Cookies help us improve our website by tracking and targeting the interests of our users as they visit different sections of our site. Cookies do not contain any personal information.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track visitors’ movements and gather broad information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personal information.
The Alzheimer's Association uses pixels, or transparent GIF files, to help manage online placements (advertising or other).
Please report any violations of these terms and conditions to the Alzheimer's Association by completing our Contact Form. Submitted forms generally receive a response within 24 hours during regular business hours. Any urgent concerns after hours and during weekends should be reported to the 24/7 Helpline at 800.272.3900. Please inform the Helpline worker of your ALZConnected concern and your call will be handled as soon as possible.
Back to top
Alzheimer's Association Copyright
The Alzheimer’s Association retains copyright on the content of the ALZConnected site, unless otherwise noted.
Reprint or reuse of information from this site without change
To request permission to use information from this website, send an email describing intended use, duration and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Translations and adaptations
Translations or adaptations of Alzheimer’s Association content must be reviewed and approved by the Alzheimer’s Association in writing prior to each use. Please send an email describing intended use, duration and contact information to email@example.com.
Using content from Association press releases
Reprint of Alzheimer’s Association content or references to Alzheimer’s Association contact information in an organization’s press release must be approved in writing prior to each use by the public relations director of the Alzheimer’s Association. Please send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using any of the Alzheimer’s Association’s registered trademarks (logos) without the Association’s prior consent is strictly prohibited and will be subject to legal action. Please send written requests describing intended use, duration and contact information to email@example.com.
Photographs and graphics
The photographs and graphics on our website are not available for reproduction by third parties. Similar stock images are available for a fee from stock image sources.
Please send requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When linking to the Alzheimer’s Association ALZConnected and other websites, web managers should be aware that the Alzheimer’s Association trademarks are not available for posting or replication on third party websites without a prior written agreement with the Alzheimer’s Association. As part of the permission agreement for web linking, third parties must post the following with any trademark. URL or content used from an Association website:
Linking Disclaimer: The Alzheimer’s Association is not responsible for information or advice provided by others, including information on websites that link to Association sites and on third party sites to which the Association links. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
Back to top
The Alzheimer's Association and its Websites including but not limited to ALZConnected work to ensure that the information provided is timely and useful. However, the information or Content (user generated or other) contained on Alzheimer's Association websites should not be considered a diagnosis, treatment plan, medical guidance or recommendation for a particular course of action regarding diseases, appropriate service providers, and is not intended to provide professional advice, referrals, recommendations or endorsements. It remains your sole responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, and usefulness of all information you access or provide, for yourself or your Principal (person for whom you may be acting as an Advocate on their behalf) in the message boards, forums, groups, user generated content (advice, review, solutions, etc.) or any other are in ALZConnected.
We are not responsible for the Content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites nor do we endorse any such links or other related materials. The Alzheimer's Association, its affiliates or agents, or any other parties involved in the preparation or publication of this site are not responsible for errors or omissions in information provided on this site or any actions resulting from the use of such information. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other items of a destructive nature. Corrections and additions to this site will be made when necessary or as time permits.
Any and all user generated content authored by ALZConnected users are not the responsibility, opinion nor are they endorsed by the Alzheimer’s Association or related partners. Content created by our visitors are solely their opinion and should not be viewed as expert advice or professional recommendations. Visitors are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein with other reliable sources and to direct any questions concerning their personal health to licensed physicians or other appropriate care service professionals.
The ALZ Parties and their strategic relationship companies may publicly display advertising (advertisements or sponsorships and other information) adjacent to or included with Content including that of ALZConnected users. Advertising on ALZConnected should not be interpreted as an endorsement, recommendation or referral of any kind by the Alzheimer’s Association or ALZ Partiesfor any displayed products and services. Aside from the advertiser (parties advertising) and publisher (parties offering advertising inventory to advertisers) relationship the Alzheimer’s Association is in no way agreeing to or participating in a relationship outside of the traditional advertiser to publisher structure unless otherwise noted. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.