Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Advice please.
Rick100
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 4:17 AM

Hi there,
I know for some people here this is a horrific disease. And some may find this post a little niave . However I am just in need of some advice and guidance. Or even education.

So I am a 29yr old male. I am from Australia. Most of my life i have suffered from severe health anxiety which has consumed most of my days. A little over a year ago I had an incident where I forgot to turn our heater off. From then on I have spent most days researching Alzheimer's. Obviously with my age and history of anxiety, no doctor will take it serious or give advice as to why I don't have it. Which is why I'm here. 

I read stories on the net of younger people in their 40s who started with symptoms in their 30s and I am convinced that these are subtle experiences for me. 

Just to add to some of the recent forgetfulness I have had. (These may sound stupid but for me it is terrifying) I keep calling mandarins by watermelon. I seen a friends wife and completely forgot who she was. I recently went to an ATM and forgot what the process was.

I can't get advice from doctors or really any friends as to them it's a joke. Explanation and guidance would be very appreciated 

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Friday, November 24, 2017 5:49 AM

Based on what you shared it does not sound like you have anything to worry at this time. You certainly need to have a lot more issues then what you shared. 

kRc
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 7:45 AM

Have you ever played sudoku??
In the early years when I knew my husband had something terrible wrong and our children were hesitant to believe, they played sudoku together.
After playing with their dad for a few hours they admitted he had a significant problem.  Stress has awful consequences, might be that plays a significant role in your cognitive issues.  If not stress, keep looking for answers.
Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 11:18 AM

Hi Rick,

Welcome to our world. I'm so glad you found us.

My advice, regardless of age is, if you are concerned, get tested.  Here in the states the best testing sites are connected with a large University or Medical Complex. Try contacting such sites there.

Your severe health anxiety over the years may be what's happening.  Forgetting to turn off a heater, once, in a year's time, is normal.

The other incidents might or might not be important. 

If you do get tested, let us know.
adii
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:33 PM

Hi Rick100,     

People have given some great advice on here.  I also say get tested.  In my personal experience, once I was started on donezepil I have not had any anxiety at all.  Prior to that, I was diagnosed with profound anxiety.  My lack of anxiety also may have a lot to do with receiving Social Security disability and not having to work.  I would definitely get tested and realize that donezepil is not a cure for the anxiety.

Good luck!

adii
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:33 PM

Hi Rick100,     

People have given some great advice on here.  I also say get tested.  In my personal experience, once I was started on donezepil I have not had any anxiety at all.  Prior to that, I was diagnosed with profound anxiety.  My lack of anxiety also may have a lot to do with receiving Social Security disability and not having to work.  I would definitely get tested and realize that donezepil is not a cure for the anxiety.

Good luck!

TheSteven
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 3:00 PM

Hi Rick,

Do you have any mercury/amalgam dental fillings? They still use them although there are safe alternatives.  If you have any dark tooth fillings they are the mercury kind which contain 50 percent mercury and constantly release it into your body and cause about 40 different diseases and conditions.

http://amalgam.org/education/scientific-evidenceresearch/results-removal-amalgam-fillings/ or

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/dailys/02/Sep02/091602/80027dde.pdf

I have more links to this type of information and videos about this in my July 4, 2015 blog entry at http://thestevenalztreatment.blogspot.com

× Close Menu