Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Call for Nominations - 2018 Alzheimer’s Association National Early-Stage Advisory Group
ALZC-Moderator
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 2:22 PM

The Alzheimer’s Association is seeking dynamic individuals living with early stage Alzheimer’s or other dementias to join our 2018 National Early-Stage Advisory Group. This important group of advisors serve a one-year term (July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019) and bring a unique perspective of persons living in the early stage of the disease to key efforts of the National Association, including advocacy, programs, and consumer awareness initiatives. Advisors should be willing and able to travel on Association business as needed.   

Please visit www.alz.org/earlystage to find a copy of the nomination form. Nominations and questions can be submitted to earlystageinfo@alz.org

The deadline for consideration is April 13, 2018.

MichelleO
Posted: Saturday, August 6, 2016 6:52 AM

I am a travel partner for a friend who is an Advisor on the 2016 Early Stage Advisory Board. I find it very interesting and feel the input of the Advisors and partners is taken very seriously and appreciated. Our first meeting was Chicago at Nat'l headquarters. We will travel 2-3 times this year. My job when we travel is to make sure we get to where we need to go safely and on time.  An Advisor will have phone interviews and possibly local meetings. The partner also may do the same. It is rather exciting to be behind the scenes and work with Nat'l higher ups. 

You do not have to be married or have a live in partner. I am married and my friend is in a long distance relationship so his partner can't attend. It has a few challenges but doable. 

This group on this board is so lively I felt y'all might want to look into it. I have been on the Alzconnected boards since 4/2015.  The Nat'l level does care what you say, think, feel. 

Being a travel partner is two fold. I can help my friend but also help my 55 year old husband who has vascular dementia. I want to learn anything I can to help

bjrj
Posted: Saturday, March 4, 2017 6:23 PM

In October of 2015 I saw this advertisement for the 2016 National Early-Stage Advisory  Group volunteers. I self nominated myself and was selected. It is one of the most incredible experience I have ever had. The people you work with in Chicago are the most professional, caring and heartwarming group of people I have ever met. Everything you are ask to do they are standing right beside you giving you encouragement. It could not have had a more satisfying experience. If you want to talk to people about your jurney and want to help others and work toward finding a cure please submit your name. I know your experience will be like mine, AMAZING.

× Close Menu