Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
We will survive
Mac50
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:39 AM

In the wake of the tragedy in Las Vegas and because I have noticed so many threads on the toll of CG lately.

Just a few words of encouragement 

I know you are worn out.

I know when you  have a minute to rest you are sad beyond words 

I know you hate what this disease have done to your LO 

I know you feel like a failure sometimes 

But you are doing your best in an awful situation, you need to always remember we are the survivors of Alz.   Like the cancer survivors we need to celebrate ourselves.   

We will survive, no we will never be the happy go lucky person we were but we will be able to enjoy life 

We deserve to.

Hugs 

annie789
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:46 PM

thanks so much, mac50.  I really needed some words of encouragement today cause it has been a real rough few days.  I 've had no problems with DH but I have been sad and so listless.  Maybe tomorrow will be better.
McCott
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 3:35 AM

Annie789 -- Get some anti-depressants for yourself.  It helps a lot.
Joellen
Posted: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 6:57 PM

I was in the same place about 5 months ago...  Dr. put me on anti depression med. too many side effects.  I was not sleeping well either.  So between being tired and down it was a struggle getting through each day.

I went to a health store.  I started taking St. John Wort and L-Theanine.  I take a multi vitamin, B-complex with folic acid and vitamin C. Vitamin D and magnesium.  I FEEL so much better. 

I would check with your Dr. before taking any supplements,

Taking magnesium with food before bed does help me sleep better. I make time to walk every day. Helps relieve stress....  getting over the anger, asking God's forgiveness and help was a big part of feeling better.  I know he is walking with me every step of the way..

Coming to acceptance about alz and the effects on all of our lives helped.  Letting go and stop trying to fix everything was really important.

Blondie49
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 1:41 AM

Mac50

Just read your post.  Thank you for the words of encouragement.  I guess we all will have some kind of future.  Right now,  its nothing to look forward to,  but eventually, I think we will find happiness of some kind again.  It might not be the kind of happiness we had , but perhaps we will find happiness in knowing we did our best, and we will have so much more to give to anyone that needs information or encouragement.

Keep It 100
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 7:34 AM

This song, "Rise Up" by Andra Day, is the ultimate caregiver song. 

https://youtu.be/_Z3VoenSM4c

Eileen72
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 8:33 AM

Keep It 100 wrote:

This song, "Rise Up" by Andra Day, is the ultimate caregiver song. 

https://youtu.be/_Z3VoenSM4c

Thank you!  Just what I needed today!

Rj33
Posted: Sunday, October 8, 2017 11:42 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience with supplements. 

I think the toughest part of this disease is that after a certain point all you can do is work to keep your loved one comfortable and keep some quality of life there.  What is really difficult for me is like you mentioned wanting and trying to fix it, make it better and nothing works. 

I keep praying for patients and forgivness for all the things I feel I'm missing in my care giving and lack of patience on those extremely bad days.

× Close Menu