Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Wednesday, October 23rd from 8:30 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Just need to talk to my friends(17)
Lorita
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 12:17 PM

Hi everyone,

Happy April Fool's Day. Time to start another volume of our thread. This would be 18 if the one after the updates had been numbered right. Anyway, it's gone on a long time and I've thoroughly enjoyed it and still am.

There were lots of bad storms in central Oklahoma last night - OKC for sure. jfkoc- hope you didn't have any damage.

My sister called me when it started, scared to death. While we were talking part of one her pecan trees fell on the electric and phone line and she's without power. She has her cell phone and charged it at the neighbor's this morning. She's the only one in the neighborhood without power. A man was coming today to take down one big limb they were afraid was going to fall on the line - but this was a different one. I told her she might as well have both of the pecans trees taken out, at least head-high so she wouldn't be having that trouble all the time. She was almost frantic last night. She's really afraid of storms. We only had a shower here. There were severe storms just south of us but didn't make it here.

I think Liam is better this morning. I saw him start to nurse and I got busy with something else so don't know how long he ate. But, he went into the stall and began eating some creepfeed and hay. He looks better but is still breathing hard.

I was going to go to town today but I've talked myself out of it. I have feed for a couple of times and I have four calves up so there's only one out to eat out of the creepfeeder so don't have to go. Maybe tomorrow or Friday.

I think we're supposed to have some more severe storms (not as bad as last night) this evening and again tomorrow. Spring in Oklahoma is nice with the exception of the storms.

The daffodils and Bradford pears are about bloomed out. This morning I counted 24 big yellow tulips blooming in a cluster and the Royal Empress trees are beginning to bloom. I think I counted 9 or 10 clematis that are going strong. I looked this morning at the peonies that are coming up. Linda Dee - do you just dig up a little clump of them and it won't damage what's left? There's some coming up where the pink one is and another little bunch a little bit away from them so they're all probably the same. The red ones I planted last year didn't make it, I guess. When I go to Atwoods I want to get a few more canna bulbs or corms or whatever they're called to plant in front of the white pipe fence. We had one last year - don't even know if it will come up again.

I started trimming the holly in front of the porch yesterday. It's going to be an awful job. They're blooming and there's bees all around them - not sure what kind they are. I think the wisteria has almost died. I can see little buds on one or two branches. Last year I thought it had died but leafed out with very few blooms. I need to really cut it back hard this year after bloom time.

I guess Leanne's with her daughter now - I know she'll have a wonderful time. Wonder if she slept much last night? It's about time for the mail to run so I'll go down pretty soon and see if my pendant made it today.

Hope all of you are having a nice April 1st. Roxy, I know you're glad it's today instead of Monday and all of that is over. How time is flying!

I'll check back later today. I'm watching the weather and there's already severe storms in the far NE past of the state and a little west of us.

Lorita
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 1:43 PM

Hi again,

My fingerprint pendant came today! It is way beyond my expectations. You can tell it's really Ray's fingerprint because of the little round scar on his finger. I'll take a picture of it later and post it so all of you can see how beautiful it is.

Sasue
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:02 PM

Lorita, I'm so glad you got your pendant and that you are so pleased with it. I hope it gives you comfort. Also glad Liam is feeling better.

Rich is doing well in pt. He's going home Saturday. I'm so glad, I'm really tired and I ache all over from sitting in these miserable chairs. I got a copy of his x-ray, no problems but it did say fluid in pelvis. Don't know what that means.

Hello to everyone! Don't have time for a long post.

Sandy

w/e
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:13 PM

Lorita, you have written that you are listening to soothing music at night before going to sleep. Good for you. I hope it continues to help you for most nights...
Try to drink some chamomile tea or lemon balm tea. I've found tea to have a calming effect on my brain. Without the need for consuming heavy duty sleeping pills. Those pills are very addictive. They disrupt dreams. And, can induce suicidal thoughts and more depression in the long term. Be careful with them.
Of course, it is easy for me to say. I can have the luxury of being free to sleep until late in the morning if I have a bad night with insomnia and with dark thoughts in my brain. I don't have a farm with precious animals to tend to! And, my immortal beloved is no longer in need of my care!

Words from Zen teachings (I am not a practicing Christian) have helped my soul 'transcend' a little bit. But, frankly, I am still trying to bend and to adapt to my feelings of overwhelming loneliness.
Yes, my e-friends, I am still grieving. And, I still cry everyday. I am still waiting to feel much better.
Widows around me tell me that even though eventually we do begin to feel better, the love and the longing for the beloved remains in the heart forever... So here I am... a collective of yearnings...

Last night I was crying. I said to my immortal beloved that I was feeling abandoned and lost without him. I told him that I needed his embrace. His support. His guidance.
The breath of his soul said to me , "Hush. Hush. Look at the moon and the stars. Contemplate the heavens above. I am there. And, I will make love to you. I will taste your strawberries and drink your sweet wine. Listen to the rhythm of my soul's breathing. It is making music to you. Let it permeate the silence of the night. With each note, feel unbounded. This love is ours. You are not alone even when you feel lonely. Listen to each heartbeat. I am inside of you." .... Peacefully, I went to sleep.

Today, I am sitting quietly on the wings of a butterfly. Doing nothing. I am learning to be patient with my grief. I am learning to let my soul grow by itself. Just like the grass grows out the earth in the warm spring thaw... without a sound... Life is rising.

My dear e-friends... I keep visiting your pastures....

Have a blessed Passover. And, a blessed Easter.

Hugs to all.

w/e
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 2:35 PM

Lorita, wonderful news about your pendant!!! Lovely. Lovely. Lovely. Hug it tight to your heart!
Sandy, I am so happy Rich is responding well to PT... And, that he is going home on Saturday.
Great news! Spoil him with lots of hugs and kisses when he gets home. Also, you will be able to rest a wee better sitting on your own chair... Ah! the comforts of moving around inside your own nest... Hospitals... YIKES. Hospitals and clinics are not nice places to hang-around. No matter how architecturally beautiful and patient-family-staff-visitor-friendly they are being constructed now-a-days.

telinde
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 5:38 PM

Hi everyone. Happy April Fool's Day to you all. No jokes played on me today. I wonder if people even do that these days. It's cloudy here today and we're supposed to have rain tonight. We need the moisture so a rain would be nice.

We, I love the way you express yourself. You write so beautifully. I am sorry you are feeling so much grief and loneliness. Your thoughts make me feel so lucky that I can go visit Harv and still enjoy his company. I pray you find peace and comfort. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. That was beautiful.

Lorita, I'm so happy you got the pendant and that it surpassed your expectations. I'm sure it will bring joy and comfort to you. Can't wait to see it if you decide to post a picture.

I sure hope Liam is feeling better. That's good you saw him eating. Hopefully he will get stronger each day and be back in the pasture kicking up his heels again soon.

I forgot to tell you yesterday that I saw the owner of the GP that lives near us out walking him on a leash. He is so beautiful, and seems very well behaved. Makes me think of you every time I see him.

Good you got the man back to mow for you. It can be a lot of work, especially when it gets hot. I can't push the mower up and down all the slopes we have in our yard, so I have hired someone the past two years. Makes me feel lazy, but I guess it's better than walking around with a bad back.

Sandy, I am glad Rich gets to go home Saturday. Sitting around hospitals is so hard. You're right, the chairs are so uncomfortable, and all the sitting around can drive you crazy. I hope you get some rest.

I bet Leanne is having fun catching up with her daughter and family. I hope she is having a lot of fun.

Hi to everyone who hasn't posted yet. Have a good afternoon. I'll check back later.

Lorita, I've been kind of worried about Colleen too. Hope she is okay. Joan

Dd197
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:08 PM

Happy Easter to everyone. It was wonderful to see the sun when I walked my dog today. I'll take 60 degrees anytime after the miserable winter we had in Michigan.
telinde
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 7:45 PM

Hi again. I couldn't post my last note. I kept getting an error message. I just got back on, and it posted. I can't figure out what is happening these days.

I just had to show you all the new picture of the valley with Mt. Sopris. It was taken from the top of the mountain near our house. It's funny how different it looks from different angles and spots surrounding it.

File Attachment(s):
soprisandvalley.jpg (97873 bytes)

Sandymac
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:01 PM

Oh Wow...Telinde, what a beautiful photo. It almost looks like a fantasy painting with all those different colours.

Lorita, so pleased your pendant arrived and that you are so happy with it. Looking forward to a photo.

Sandy, glad Rich will be home Saturday...make sure you rest up before he does, your job starts again then. Take care

Gotta go, I asked Ron to get changed 10 minutes ago, so we can go to the shops, but I think he's reading again. Sighhhhhhh

Bjblyghtnin
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:49 PM

Tell de
It's Georgeous
Bonnie

Mrs. Braxton
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 8:52 PM

Hi Lorita ,
I am curious about the finger print pendant . I remember some talk about them last year.
Do you mind sharing the information again.
That may be something I can do for his children and myself.
Thanks so much
💕💕💕
Angela

Lesley Jean
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:20 PM

Lorita,

Yes, please tell us where you got your pendant. I can't seem to figure out how to get a good print. Any suggestions.

Joan,
I am not familiar with the Mt. What state? ABSOLUTELY beautiful!

Dd197,
Where in Michigan do you live? My son is in Greenville. We were there for his wedding. Beautiful! I couldn't believe all the beautiful lakes. Jerry and I loved it.

Have a great night.
LJ

Lorita
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 9:38 PM

Hi everyone,

Sandy, I'm so glad Rich will be able to go home Saturday and I know you are. Are you still staying there at night? I know how time drags when you're staying around the hospital. I'm glad you got the x-rays - I don't know what fluid in the pelvis means either. Try to get some rest if you can - you'll need to be rested when he comes home Saturday.

w/e - I'll get some lemon balm tea when I go to town this week. I drink a lot of hot tea in the winter and in the mornings and iced tea in the summer but it's orange pekoe and pekoe black. You know I've never had trouble sleeping and I've never take a sleeping pill in my whole life. I can sleep without the music but it's calming and I enjoy listening to it. Last night I found some Reiki music - love that. I think Barclee also enjoys it.

I love to read your posts - you write beautifully. Being without our loved ones is so hard. I think not having Charles Ray with me is the hardest thing that I've ever done. Some days I just don't see the point of continuing - without the animals there wouldn't be. But, I can go outside with them and be with them and I feel better. I'm glad you were able to sleep well last night. I talk to Charles all the time, too. I still feel him here with me and I know he is still watching over me.

Joan - the picture is spectacular - doesn't even look real. I can't imagine being able to see that wonderful view. I think you said it was taken from the top of a mountain near you - do you go there often?

Liam is better. His eyes are clearer and his ears are more erect. I saw him eating creepfeed today and hay a couple of times. It'll just take a while for him to fully recover. I put another one in with him and his mom tonight - he was breathing hard - Frosty - but he's nursing good - just want to watch him a day or so.

The pendant is gorgeous, I think. I just got the picture I took of it imported. I thought it wasn't going to do it tonight. I hope you all can tell something about it - Cheryl and I decided it looked best to put his initials on the front instead of the back and at an angle. The pendant is about the size of a nickel - just a little bit smaller. I want to get a nice chain that's pretty strong and with a good lobster claw clasp so I won't lose it.

I'm glad you got to see the GP dog again. Aren't they beautiful? I haven't seen many of them but all I have seen are well behaved and so gentle. I can hardly wait for my puppy. I know Twink is getting anxious to get her Springer Spaniel, too.

I'm glad the guy's going to mow for us, too. Maybe tomorrow I'll let Liam's mom out north of the house to eat some of the grass and he may feel like going out with her - that is if it's not raining.

Dd - I'm glad the weather was warmer for you today. All of you up north and in the NE have had such a terrible winter. We had a really mild winter for the most part. We had snow in November, then cold weather but no more snow until March. I dread the summer though -it's always so hot and humid here.

Sandy- hope you got to go shopping today. Does Ron mind going with you? Ray always enjoyed it - never once complained about the time I took or what I bought.

Angela - I got the information about the pendant from Colleen. It's from a company in Colorado called A Timeless Impression. I think I just put in fingerprint jewelry on google and it came up. The woman who made the pendant is Cheryl Frazee. I have her phone number if you'd like it. She was so concerned that we get it just right and made several changes. After we made the final decision it was completed and shipped within a week. I'm so very glad Colleen mentioned it. I got Ray's fingerprints before he went to the hospital the second time. You can feel the ridges and the little scar made from testing his blood sugar. I'll post a picture of it - hope it comes out good.

I made an appointment with my doctor for Friday. There's some lab work I haven't had in quite a while. I think I can explain away all the aches and pains I have but just want to check with him to be sure. I've made a list of the aches and pains - looks like I'm falling apart completely - and that's probably not far from the truth.

I talked with my friend who had the carwreck a while ago. She's making some progress but she is so discouraged. She was tired so we didn't talk very long but I'm going to be sure to call her at least once a week. She said after this first happened she had lots of calls and while in Muskogee had a lot of visitors from her Church and her friends - now she doesn't know anyone where she is and not many phone calls. I told her I went 11 days without seeing a single person. I so wish I had gone to see her while she was in Muskogee but I just didn't feel up to it after losing Ray. Probably will never see her again. When I went through town the other day I felt sad just knowing she wasn't there.

Okay, I'll go for tonight. I just heard on the weather that last night they had baseball sized hail in Meeker, Oklahoma - a town between here and OKC. Talk with you all tomorrow. My sister still doesn't have her power back on. Maybe tomorrow. She's probably already gone to bed. Hope everyone sleeps well.

File Attachment(s):
April 1, 2015 pendant 002.JPG (118068 bytes)

w/e
Posted: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 10:27 PM

Lorita, I've been checking and waiting all night for your post... I knew you would try to post a photo of your pendant. You must feel so happy!
It is gorgeous. I love that it has texture. It doesn't appear to be heavy. It seems to be unyielding and everlasting. It expresses wholeness. Charles' self. Truth. And eternity. Charles' existential reality through the uniqueness of his finger print. Totally revealed in that simple little piece of metal. Wonderful.
Good choice.
Most definitely, invest in a good chain.
Thanks to Colleen for her inspiration.

Joan, what a gorgeous pic. I couldn't believe I was in the creative womb of Mother Nature! I felt immersed inside a panoramic view of a sort of impressionist painting... Color, space, and time... Heaven and earth combined... Totally mysterious. The many wonders of this beautiful earth. We have to take care of our beautiful planet and its inhabitants. It is the only planet we've got!

It seems to be a tranquil and beautiful evening for many.
Good-night, y'all.

telinde
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:18 PM

Good afternoon all. LJ, I live in Western Colorado. The picture was taken on top of a mountain near our home. I have never hiked to the top, but several people hike up there. For as long as I can remember, we have had a cross that lights up just above where the man was standing on the rock. They light it for two weeks at Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving. I can see the cross from my deck, and it sits overlooking the town. The sun must have been setting just right to capture all those beautiful colors. I wish I could take credit for the picture, but it was taken by a local restaurant owner. It is a popular attraction around here. Most of the locals have climbed Mt. Sopris to the top at some point in their lives. I've never done that either. Too many huge boulders to get over.

Windy and cloudy again here today. We were supposed to get showers, but I think they are moving East and avoiding us.

Lorita, the pendant is beautiful. Just the right size and I love how she put Ray's initials on the side. I would love her phone number if you don't mind sharing. I want to get some made for the kids and one for me.

So happy to hear Liam is better. Such good news.

LJ, I used a fingerprint kit to get Harv's fingerprints. You can find them at Hobby Lobby and sometimes Walmart. I got mine from Cremation Solutions. You can also just use an ink pad and white paper. That's all the kids have in them anyway. I took about 10 and made them dark and light so I would be sure one of them would work.

I was going to share an article that one of my friends who moved to Santa Fe, NM sent me. She moved there with her husband who has Alz. to be closer to her kids. I can hardly read the article she sent, and I know if I resize it, it won't be large enough to read. She found it in a copy of Bark Magazine at her vet's office. It was about service dogs trained to help Alz. patients. Very interesting. I didn't check online to see if I could find it, but if anyone is interested, maybe you can find it.

Dd, I am hoping your winter is over for this year. Seems like you northerners had a really tough go of it this year. I bet you are thinking 60 degrees feels like mid summer. Nice you could get out and take a walk in the sun with your dog.

We, is lemon balm tea the same as lemon tea? I have chamomile, but want to try the lemon balm too. I have trouble going to sleep.

Leanne, I hope you are having a great time with your family.

Twink, I saw storms coming your way yesterday. Sure hope it wasn't more snow.

Guess I better get off here and get a few things done. I need to get a walk in today. I vowed I would exercise 6 days a week for awhile, so need to keep working toward my goal.

Have a good afternoon. Joan

Twink
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 3:31 PM

Hey Y'all! Never did get a chance to get back here the other day, & it's been crazy since! Got overrun by a bunch of last-minute tax clients, as well as a surprise Compliance auditor - hooray, what a fun week!

Joan, Gorgeous photo & area! Yup, we're still getting snow!!! Flurries mostly, but snow nonetheless. (Sigh)

Lorita, So glad you got your pendant & love it! You'd asked more about the deer: I get the apples from a stand in VT. They sell "drops" by the crate - I can fit a crate & 1/2 in my truck bed. If soft, I can just toss whole apples, but they go further if I chop them up. (By this time of year, I'm usually getting tired of my paring knife!) The does usually have their fawns in the Spring, but there are always a few late births. We usually have 1 or 2 really little ones to feed over the winter. And the feed blocks? They're a bit smaller than a milk crate, so must be similar to yours.

Yeah, it's an expensive "hobby", but we figure if we're living in their woods, we're taking up space that was their foraging area, so it's only "neighborly" to make sure they have enough to eat. Also, DH hunts & we like venison, so it behooves us to help ensure a large, healthy deer herd to allow for a continued regular hunting season. (Of course, there's no hunting allowed on our property ever, kind of a safety zone!)

Am looking forward to a long weekend off! (The stock market is closed for Good Friday, so we get to close too!) Will try to pop in on Sat to see what's going on with everyone, but in case I don't, hope everybody has as wonderful an Easter weekend as possible! (Hope Leanne's enjoying her trip, & I sure wish we'd hear something from Colleen & Dana too!) Hugs, Twink

w/e
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:36 PM

Joan, Lemon Balm tea is not the same as 'lemon tea'... Lemon Balm (Melissa Officinalis) is a herbal tea. The Lemon Balm plant is a perennial herb from the mint family. I take the tea 2 or 3 times per day. One cup in the afternoon. And another one at night about half hour before going to bed. Sometimes I don't prepare it. And, I drink instead chamomile tea. I guess it depends on my 'mood.'
Some people combine Valerian Tea + Lemon Balm. They believe is more beneficial. I have not combine them. I do not need to. Lemon balm is doing the trick for me... most nights.
I've read that Lemon Balm is widely used in Europe to help with insomnia. It has been used for centuries.
For my nerves, I drink St. John's Wort tea. For a couple of weeks only.

If you can, always buy ORGANIC tea. It is worth the extra pennies.

NOTE: Be careful... Lemon Balm may potentially interact if you are taking sedatives and thyroid medications.
DO NOT take herbal teas if you are taking meds. Always check with the doctor, pharmacist, or Google it !!!

They sell Lemon Balm capsules. But I prefer to drink the tea. Preparing a gentle cup of tea is calming. It is a psychological ritual ..."a tea ceremony" for me.

I have yet to find a magical tea created by Mother Nature to help me with my widow's heart. I guess she is saying to me, "Patience, my friend. It takes time to heal that pain. And, only you can do it."

I hope you have a good day when you visit your beloved. He might enjoy a warm gentle cup of tea with you.

Have a good evening, one and all.

telinde
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 5:55 PM

We, thanks for the information. I only take a small dose of statin med. That's all. I will ask the Dr. about any interactions, and then try it. I don't take sedatives because I'm afraid I will get addicted. I guess time and patience will eventually work for your widow's heart. I wish there was a Mother's Nature tea for that too. A cup of tea with Harv might be our Easter toast this year. Sounds comforting to me.

Lorita, I wanted to applaud you for making the Dr. appointment. I think that will be good for you to have a check up and make sure everything is okay with you. I bet it makes you feel better too. I always like to hear I'm healthy and doing fine when I go in for my annual checkup.

Have a nice evening all. Joan

Dd197
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 6:06 PM

Lorita, the pendant is beautiful. Very unique and personal. That would be something I would buy now, with maybe each of our fingerprints..one on each side.

LJ, we are in Livonia which is about 150 Miles southeast of Greenville. Livonia is a suburb of Detroit. Twink, as I read about your feeding the deer apples, a few years ago, my hubby was taking out the trash to the curb about 5am and he heard a clicking sound on the street. He looked up and saw a herd of deer! He couldn't believe his eyes...about 10 were walking down the middle of the street. They walked right in front of him, down 3 houses and turned into the woods behind the homes. We have a creek that runs behind us so once in a while we see a glimpse of deer at dusk.

Joan, what a gorgeous picture. w/e wrote so beautifully about it.

Diane

Lorita
Posted: Thursday, April 2, 2015 10:54 PM

Hi everyone,

Tornadoes again in Oklahoma tonight - far northeastern part around Vinita. Also very strong, straight winds that blew over two semis. Glad they're not in our part but I feel sorry for the people up there. Storm chasers are out and reporting.

We have another new baby on the ground! When I came home from town I was checking the girls as I came by the meadow and there was one over by herself in the old part of the meadow. I got in the CW and drove over and it was Rosebud with a new brown baby. Her calves are usually white-faced. I didn't check to see if it's a girl or boy - she's not the most gentle cow in the herd. I did see the baby nurse which is paramount. She was in the area that's close to where I hear coyotes every night so a little later I went over and pushed her over toward the herd. I'm keeping them in the meadow tonight so baby won't get lost from the others.

I decided I'd run into town about 3:30 to get some tent stakes to fix the fence so the dogs won't get out (I hope) and also got the feed today. Tomorrow I'll only have to get a few groceries after I finish at the doctor's office. I came back by the vets and looked at the dog. He doesn't look exactly like the red heelers - ears aren't pointed and he's big! jfkoc - I bet he's about the same of Luke - and he's very strong. He was excited smelling where all the other dogs had been. I did take him for a short walk. I told them I'd think about it tonight. I'm afraid he's a little bit too big and strong for me. He is very pretty and looks like a good dog - very well fed. He must belong to someone and I bet they're looking for him. I can't imagine why he was at the clinic.

The baby may be a little bit better. I saw him eating some feed this afternoon. his mom is in with him today - haven't seen him nurse today but I probably just missed it. The vet asked about him and we're not sure if he'll need more medicine or not. He said the very warm weather today wasn't good for him. It's supposed to be much cooler tomorrow so maybe that will help.

I don't know why I dread going to the doctor so much. I worked with doctors for 33+ years and then dealt with them for the past eight years with Ray. I really like this doctor - guess it's just human nature, mine at least. I also have white coat syndrome. I've made a list and will go over each of the things with him. I can explain away most of them - lifting, hugging feed sacks, costochondritis, etc. Yes, Joan, it always makes me feel better to hear a professional say that I'm okay.

Thank all of you for thinking the pendant is pretty. I really am pleased with what she did and so quickly after we settled on the style. Joan, they have several styles - all pretty so it's hard to decide. Her name is Cheryl Frazee, 303-548-9158, her website is www.ATimelessImpression.Etsy.com. She lives in Brighton, Colorado. Is that very far from you? Gosh, I didn't know if you typed in a website it turned blue. Live and learn, I guess.

Diane - I imagine your husband was very surprised to see the deer walking down the street in the middle of town. I bet it was a beautiful sight. We have some around here and I love to see them. A while back I saw three jump the fence and cross the road and across our meadow into the trees west of us. I think Twink is so lucky to have so many around to watch. Wonderful of she and her husband to take care of them.

Twink - enjoy your day off. I know when I was working I always looked forward to holidays. We never got off on Good Friday though. I dread Easter this year - it's the same day as Charles Ray's 83rd birthday. So, this will be another "first" for me and our 44th anniversary later this month. April used to be our favorite month along with October.

I have clothes drying so better go and get them out and get ready for bed. Hope all of you have a nice, restful night and a Good Friday.

Mulelady
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 1:23 AM

Good Evening,
I have just gotten time to read and catch up. The train ride was good, I got a fairly good nights sleep, and the scenery was beautiful. I planned on doing a lot of reading but mostly just looked out the window. I wasnt lonely, just kind of sad that Don wasnt there to enjoy the trip with me, but maybe he was there and that is why I didnt feel lonely. We went to Paulsbo today and my daughter had to work for a couple of hours so Calen who will he 6 in a few days, wandered around. It is kind of a tourist town with small shops and walking paths. He was not impressed with the antique shops, but liked the bakery.
Joan, The picture is wonderful. Hope you got a nice walk.
Lorita, Glad you got your pennant and Liam is better,also it sounds like the new baby is eating so is probably off to a good start.
Sandy, Glad you will be able to get home. The hospital is not a place you can rest, hope all goes good.
W/e, I also wish to find a way to make the hurt go away,but I sometimes think it is just the price I must psy for all the wonderful years I got to spend with my dear husband.
Twink, Enjoy your long weekend, hope you weather is good.
Hello to Dd,Sandra,Lj Angela, Bonnie and everyone I may have missed. I will check in when I can. Tomorrow we are baking bread and the older grandkids are coming will be fun.
Lorita, Good luck at the doctors.
Hope everyone has a good evening. Leanne

cmak
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 7:38 AM

hello all-

I feel like I've been gone forever, it must be over a week since I was last "here". I am trying to catch up on all the posts I missed.....

Lorita, I'm so glad you finally received your pendant- Cheryl does a wonderful job. I'm glad I found her on Etsy I bought some silver polish to try to keep mine looking shiny and now I remember to take it off before I get into the chlorine filled pool.

Lesley- I used just a stamp pad to get Dan's fingerprint but I did put it on good card stock paper- maybe that made a difference? I did about 4 of them to make sure I got a good print. If you have an old greeting card with a blank side or something in the "junk" mail on good, heavy paper that might work? I got tickled trying to get Dan to cooperate, we had ink on our hands, his blankets and lots of scrap papers.

Twink- I'd feed my occasional deer too if I didn't think the Evil Rodents ( aka, squirrels) would get everything I put out! I did a salt block one year but never saw any deer around it.

I am so out of touch with everybody, I'm sorry. I've been pretty busy with work and other stuff. I've set out my strawberry plants, they are doing well. Also my herb garden is springing back to life, but I will have to get new seedlings for mint, thyme and dill. I put in some basil yesterday. My lemon balm has re-sprouted nicely but I've never used it for anything- maybe I will try some tea this year !

DD - did we talk about Michigan before? Dan was a "yooper" ( and proud of it). He always made fun of me being cold. He went to the South Pole once for 2 months ( Air Force) and loved it there. I never got to go to Mich. but I see pictures and it's a beautiful state.

As always, many things throughout the day remind me of Dan- sometimes I smile and sometimes I cry. It's been 109 days now- it sure doesn't seem that long.

I know I've missed a lot of sharing, I will surely try harder to check in more often. Big hugs to all, must go to pool exercise class and then bunches of errands in town.

colleen

BIDDIE12
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 10:03 AM

Good Morning to all of you, and Happy April. 60 degrees in NJ today, but I find it to damp and we have some showers at the moment. My hands have given me trouble the last two months I'm sure it is weather related, but I also know that trying to dress Rich is not helping, anytime you deal with him trying to take a shirt off, he is fighting with you to keep it on. the same with the pants.

Loritta, i'm sorry to read that Liam was not feeling well, but happy that you think he is feeling better. Give him a Hug for me. I was telling my Grand Daughter Tessa about him, and she cannot wait to see the picture. She told me to tell you. That if you have a GIRL baby cafe, Could you Name one of them "SWEETPEA".... So I told her I would tell you....

Last Monday March 30th was my 62nd birthday. It was bittersweet because it is the day that Rich went into Respite care. He will be there until April 14th. It is not the VA HOME, they did not have room, they used a CONTRACTED one. It is 25min away. It is BEAUTIFUL, They have all been so sweet, and say he is doing just fine. I will go on Easter Morning with my Grand Daughters and we will bring him his little basket with his treats. He loves his sweets. than I will return with the girls, pick up my boys and go to Katie's house for a buffet. Katie and her husband will see Rich on Sat... Because she is doing dinner for both families.

I spoke to Vineland Nursing Home, and they think they will have a bed for Rich, for permenant Placement the first week of MAY. So he will come home from Respite, and be here for 3 weeks, before going to Vineland. I will keep you all posted.
I hope everyone is doing well. I'm overwhelmed with packing and garbage being taken out. Making a list of all repairs to be done, I have a landscaper coming the end of May, to do the property clean up, and put down new Mulch. I hope to be able to put it on the market by the June 1st...
I think of you all, and wished I could get on here more often. Please know that all of you continue to be in my prayers . Be well my friends
Bridget

File Attachment(s):
10406779_1577214159220674_6537266380337560714_n.jpg (55429 bytes)
10408583_10202578220936754_8916480084172596544_n.jpg (76243 bytes)
10458799_10202508446392434_110902419780074136_n.jpg (53237 bytes)
10730785_10152818069027418_8683626201160361366_n(2).jpg (28707 bytes)
10846204_1519665478308876_1188011698465276600_n (2)(1).jpg (83676 bytes)
10931551_10152670468563581_4494648797790444075_n.jpg (41264 bytes)
10983241_1578035652471858_4767748316885155069_n.jpg (87942 bytes)
11079623_10202578221696773_7597389388509424001_n.jpg (94140 bytes)
julian lenon.png (32170 bytes)
IMG_154866050116898 (1)(3).jpeg (71439 bytes)
13415_1579376035671153_6289325961614968926_n (1).jpg (44625 bytes)
18127_1579386119003478_6108923859638079454_n (1).jpg (53750 bytes)
1511464_1579377499004340_6640249957871737044_n (1).jpg (52447 bytes)

BIDDIE12
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 10:07 AM

Like LJ, I also wanted to know where you got the Pendent from. But I really want to know "how do you take the impression"..???? So if you could post the web site.. IT WOULD BE GREAT.

Loritta so happy it came for you.. I just know you will treasure it forever.
Take care all.
Bridget P.S.. the pictures I posted above of Rich are from Monday, when he went into Respite care. I also posted him Holding TESSA on her first BIRTHDAY. I wanted all of you to look close at the face and how much he changed. scary..
Bridget

Jo C.
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 10:32 AM

Lorita, your pendant is beautiful and I am so glad it exceeds your expectations; what a joy it must have been when you opened that box.

I'm also glad you are going in to see the doctor; I don't like doing that either, but I always leave feeling more upbeat than when I went in. Go figure.

Joan, the photo is lovely, what a scene! Did you ever get things straightened out at the NH regarding the hygiene issues?

Leanne, are you talking about Poulsbo, Oregon? We've been there many times and I just love it. If it was the Oregon Poulsbo, the town was settled by Norwegian immigrants and the town boasts a large Norwegian Hall . . . it has a l-o-o-o-o-o-o-g bar from one wall to the next; now I know what those Norge guys are doing during the dead of winter! Kind of akin to the Svensk. (I'm 1/4 each and threw in half Italian just to spice things up a bit; so I have the right to make jokes.)

I love the waterways in Poulsbo and they call them, "the fjords." I recall one year when they had a huge lutefisk (UGH/YECCH!) dinner planned at a local Lutheran Church. Someone forgot to mail out the bulletins regarding the dinner and they had 250 pounds of prepared Lutefisk they didn't know what to do with . . . . what a stink, so the story goes; they finally buried it.

We always traveled to Whidbey and other islands nearby and then went up to the other points of the Olympic Peninsula; gorgeous place. We took the short hike through the Hoh Rain Forest that gets over 400 inches of rain a year. Very, very other-wordly there. Ferns taller than a grown man and hanging moss from the trees . . . also lots of elk, so one has to be careful during rutting season. Very beautiful and strangely lovely place.

It is difficult to follow everyone's "doings," so much going on. Lorita, you've done some beautiful work outside the ongoing thread and it has been very helpful to some of the Members who are not able to make it onto this thread, you are a natural.

I send sweet wishes for a peaceful and lovely Easter Sunday to all. I understand how difficult this will be for some, and my heartfelt wishes go out to you too for solace and comfort.

J.

Mulelady
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 11:07 AM

Good morning,
Hope all is well with all of you.
Bridget, Glad you are getting some respite. I do see the change in Rich. Don got that same look, kind of old and scared. Almost blank at times. I sure dont envy you all of the packing. It was good to hear from you and Colleen. Now Calif Dana needs to let us know she is alive.
Colleen, Glad you have just been busy. That is certainly not a bad thing. You are so dedicated to your water exercises, good for you!
Jo, It is actually Paulsbo Washington, but I loved the story about the one in Oregon. Dons grandparents both immigrated from Demark, so Norsk, Densk, ,Svensk, his grandmother always said were the same.
I have a lot of deer at my house, they are constantly running through my electric fences and strewing them across the pastures. They also will strip the bark and blooms off of my apple trees. I think they are beautiful and very interesting, but I like them in the neighbors field. Around us, they really dont need to be fed. Lots of browse in the coulees, and stubble fields with a certain amount of spilled grain. They also help themselves to everyones haystacks. We have also harvested a couple each year, venison is hard to beat for stews and soups.
Sure hope that Liam is much better today and the new baby is doing well.
Today, I am showing daughter and SIL how to bake bread and make pie crust. It is supposed to rain today, so tomorrow we are hoping to go to the beach . Cook today and play tomorrow I best get dressed and ready for today.
Hope everyone has a great day. Leanne

Mulelady
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 11:07 AM

Good morning,
Hope all is well with all of you.
Bridget, Glad you are getting some respite. I do see the change in Rich. Don got that same look, kind of old and scared. Almost blank at times. I sure dont envy you all of the packing. It was good to hear from you and Colleen. Now Calif Dana needs to let us know she is alive.
Colleen, Glad you have just been busy. That is certainly not a bad thing. You are so dedicated to your water exercises, good for you!
Jo, It is actually Paulsbo Washington, but I loved the story about the one in Oregon. Dons grandparents both immigrated from Demark, so Norsk, Densk, ,Svensk, his grandmother always said were the same.
I have a lot of deer at my house, they are constantly running through my electric fences and strewing them across the pastures. They also will strip the bark and blooms off of my apple trees. I think they are beautiful and very interesting, but I like them in the neighbors field. Around us, they really dont need to be fed. Lots of browse in the coulees, and stubble fields with a certain amount of spilled grain. They also help themselves to everyones haystacks. We have also harvested a couple each year, venison is hard to beat for stews and soups.
Sure hope that Liam is much better today and the new baby is doing well.
Today, I am showing daughter and SIL how to bake bread and make pie crust. It is supposed to rain today, so tomorrow we are hoping to go to the beach . Cook today and play tomorrow I best get dressed and ready for today.
Hope everyone has a great day. Leanne

Lorita
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 4:00 PM

Hi everyone,

It's so good to see all the posts from everyone.

Well, it looks like I'm going to live. My doctor is so nice. I told him about Charles and, of course, cried. He said to call anytime I needed to and talk with him. He also said to take two Libriums a day for about three months. He says this is something I'll never get over - he says people say you do but there's always that void. He asked me how long Charles and I had been together and I told him and he just shook his head.

The left sided-headaches with a strange feeling in the left side of my face is from clenching or grinding my teeth. Seems the chewing muscles are in the upper side of your head. He says clenching the teeth affects the nerves so I'm going to have to try to stop that. I think I do it more in the daytime than at night.

The burning in my left upper thigh is also a nerve thing. Evidently that leg gets off the pillow I keep under my knees at night and that does it. I have to sleep on my back because of the costochondritis. He says there is medication to help but has some bad side effects and that I don't need that now.

The place I bruised (scar from cholecystectomy) is still sore and he says it probably will be for another couple of weeks. I was afraid the staple had been bent but he says it's way down in behind the liver. So, all in all, I'm okay. I'm also glad I went and got the official word. Oh, he also said my heart was fine - BP and pulse rate is high but the BP is white coat syndrome and pulse rate also, I guess. It's been running about 80 and today it was in the 90s. The Librium will take care of that.

Thank you Johanna - I hope I'm able to say or suggest something that may help someone. I got and am still getting so much help here from everyone and I'd like to be able to return a little bit of it.

Leanne - so glad you're having a good time on your trip. You have a few more days to enjoy being with them and I know you'll make the most of it. Still looking forward to pictures. I'm happy you had a pretty good night's sleep going and also enjoyed the scenery. I'm sure Don was there with you and that helped you enjoy it more. I feel that Charles is with me, too. I know you miss your animals - I always do when I'm gone. Also know that they are missing you as well and will be so happy to see you when you get home.

Johanna - I enjoyed the story you told about the town and the area. Very interesting. I know that part of the world must be beautiful. America has such beautiful places.

Bridget - glad to see a post form you again. I, too, have seen that very look on Charles' face. Like Leanne said - kind of blank but then occasionally the pretty brown eyes would sparkle in happiness. I'm glad the contract NH where he is staying is nice and that you're satisfied. You'll enjoy the three weeks when he's home before going into Vineland. I know you're as busy as a bee right now trying to get things done. I enjoyed all of your pictures.

Everyone, thanks for the good words about Liam. Silly me, turns out it isn't Liam after all - just realized that Liam is bigger. This baby is Lucky. Remember the little calf that had such a hard time standing and nursing and the vet had to tube feed him three nights before he was finally able to stand enough to nurse? I saw him eating feed again today and when I got home he was out in the lot with Lucy and was nursing but went back in the barn. It's very windy and 20 degree colder today than it was yesterday so guess he was ready to go back in the warmth out of the wind.

Bridget - when the cows come up again from the meadow, I'll get a picture of Liam. Tell Tessa that we already have a Sweet Pea but guess another wouldn't hurt. Rosebud (mother of the new baby) and Sweet Pea were born at about the same time and look quite a bit alike. Both have white faces and normally their babies, do, too, however Rosebud's baby is solid brown.

When I turned in the gate at the main road, I saw a cow in the meadow by herself, away from the others. As I got closer I saw it was Rosebud with her baby. She was really watching something across the meadow. I saw something and thought it was Bella but it was a coyote. Bella and Susie were at home.

Colleen - I'm so glad to hear from you and to know things are going as well as can be expected. I'm at 78 days today. Strange how it can feel like such a short time and also a long time at the same time. I'm so happy with the pendant - thank you, again. Cheryl is wonderful to work with. I tried to find a chain with a lobster-claw clasp today but WM didn't have any. I'll find one eventually - need that stronger clasp so I won't lose it.

I've decided not to take the dog. He's really a nice dog and I know the vet will find a good home for him. I think he's a little too big and strong for me right now. He doesn't walk very well on a leash - pulls and he is strong. If I had raised him from a puppy it would be different. So, I need to call him this afternoon and let him know. I took Susie from him and she's turned out great but she was young. This dog is 3-4 years old and has been well cared for.

Bridget, I did the same as Colleen to get the fingerprint but I didn't have a stamp pad. I had one of these ink-filled things you roll over addresses or things you want to obliterate. I got a lot of ink on Charles' finger and then pressed/rolled it onto the paper. I think I did about six to make sure I got a good one. I just used bond paper that I use in the printer but I'm sure the other kind would be better. Do it before he goes into Vineland while he's still cooperative. Charles was half asleep when I was doing his.

I'll go for now and rest a bit before I go down and check the girls. I was taking to the doctor about knowing lifting the sacks of feed was contributing to some of the soreness - he said "you're coming up on 73 an still doing that?" Sounded like he thought it was about time I quit. But, I've kind of devised a way of feeding without lifting the whole 50 lbs but still have to move them around in the PU. Anyway, won't have to feed but four or five more times until fall and maybe by then my core will be stronger - if I'll do the exercises.

Be back later. Hope you all are having a really good day.

telinde
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 6:20 PM

Hi everyone: We have blue skies today, but much colder. I was wondering if Oklahoma had tornadoes because we had one in the southeastern part of the state. Lorita confirmed they had one too. No damage to any structures or people in Colorado. Glad it was out in the open away from homes.

Jo: Yes, the administrator told me she would take care of my concerns, and she did within a few days. She renewed my confidence, and things have been going great since. He is so happy there and very content, which makes me happy. Thanks for asking.

Bridget, your pictures are great. Those little girls are growing up, and still beautiful. What little cuties they are. Harv has that vacant look in his eyes too. When he is looking right at me, I can really see the decline. It's hard to watch, isn't it? I hope you get all your projects accomplished so you can put your house up for sale. Also happy for you and Rich that the NH is a good place, and that they take good care of him.

Colleen, so happy to hear from you. Sounds like you are busy with all your spring projects and planting. We can't plant until at least Mother's Day, and sometimes later. It can still freeze up until that time, so would be worthless to get started early, even though I want to.

Lorita, good news you are healthy and doing well. I'm happy for you. It was nice you got all of your concerns addressed, and to know nothing horrible is going on.

Guess we better be sending our good wishes to Lucky now, since Liam has been doing just fine. I don't know how you keep them all identified and named. That's a job. I bet the new little calf is cute. I love those newborns. They are so cute.

Thanks for the pendant information. Brighton is near Denver, about 3 hours from us. I could even look her up and meet her in person. I might just have to do that. I want to use her because I just love your pendant.

Too bad the big dog won't work out, but I bet he finds a good home soon. Won't be too long before you get your GP, and Twink her Springer Spaniel.

Leanne, hope you had fun making bread today. Pie crust is one of those things that one needs to see made hands on. I tried and tried to make them until I watched my Mom make one, and then I did great after that. One of my favorite things to make is pie. I hope you have fun at the beach tomorrow. Maybe you will get started on your summer tan. lol I used to sun bathe years ago, but now usually am covered up so I don't get anymore freckles.

Twink, hope you had a blue sky day today, and no storms.

Hi to all I missed. Hope everyone is having a good day. Joan

lindebug
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 7:25 PM

Hello everyone,

Been reading to catch up with you all. Everyone seems to be busy.

The grandson is married and back to his base in Charleston, SC. His bride will follow in a couple of weeks now that he has housing. Hard to believe that first grandchild I held in my arms is now married. Time sure flies.

Took Mike for a long ride yesterday and found a flock of a couple of hundred sandhill cranes in an old cornfield on Crab Creek near Othello. Interesting to watch and listen to.

He's been asking to go to the Canyonlands, so I guess we'll go again. He doesn't remember being there last year. Will be interesting since I will do the driving and will listen to him asking once again, why he cannot drive. Will try to send
pictures of the beautiful countryside.

Lorita, glad you got your pendant. It is beautiful and must be a comfort to have near your heart. Glad to hear you had a good checkup.

It must be hard when the calves get sick. Good to hear they are better.

Bridget, Happy Birthday.

Leanne, Poulsbo is a great little town. There used to be a little restaurant there that we took Mike's Dad to to get his shrimp "fix". He certainly loved his shrimp.

Twink, hope your snow is finally over and you can enjoy better weather.

Joan, the picture is beautiful but so is most of Colorado. We had thought of retiring to GJ years ago until the boys complained it was too far away.

Hello to all I missed. Hope you all have a nice Easter.

Linde

Lorita
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 8:00 PM

Hi,

If it's clear where you all are, please go out and look at the moon. It's beautiful but the full moon is the 4th. I know the blood moon happens just before moonset and that's in the morning. So, guess we'll have to watch that - if it's clear.

telinde
Posted: Friday, April 3, 2015 10:18 PM

Good evening. Linde, if you were I GJ, we could be friends. Funny when our grandkids are all grown up. Our oldest is 22 but none married yet. The canyon lands are beautiful. It's been a long time ago that I was there. I hope you send pics so I can refresh my memory.

Going to go out and look at the moon right now.

Typing on tablet and it is so slow. Have a good night. Joan

Bjblyghtnin
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 12:10 AM

HI all
Happy Birthday Bridget. The pictures do show the changes. I should get more pictures of Bill.
We have had quite a week. The ER visit showed kidney stone, today they called said he also had a UTI. So that could have something to do with his acting up at daycare Monday. Today A friend and I drove to the Claremore VA nursing home to check it out, and to get him on the waiting list. The Lady We talk to thinks he needs to be placed, so does my family and friends. They are afraid he is going to hurt me. I had called the PCP about his kidney stone, and his yelling and threats at the daycare. I talked to the nurse, he thought it is time. I called the physicristrist that he saw a couple weeks ago, he called today as I was pulling into the parking lot at the VA nh, he wanted to talk to Bill, so I gave him that number. My daughter was staying with Bill. She said he was having hard time with the phone and hung up on the Dr. Pushing buttons, I think he was probably trying to put speaker phone on. Dd called the Dr. back, he said to ask Bill if he had thought of hurting himself? Bill just said no. He told dd to have me bring him in Monday. I will ask him about an inpatient meds. evaluation? I really thought I would have him home another year or two. I don't dare talk to him about it, he would never go willingly. Just really don't know.
Bonnie

Lorita
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 9:15 AM

Hi Bonnie,

What did you think about the Clsremire Vets Ctr?

We had an application for admission therrpe for Charles but we never got up to see it. His NP used to work there and had very good things to say about it.

You were talking about your husband's VA psychiatrist. Does his name begin with a G by any chance? Charles' did and he was wonderful.

I made it through the night without the burning in my thigh -first time in a long time.

I went out and fed the cats and saw all the cattle. The two little babies are with their moms. Lucky is out of the lot with his mom-saw him nursing so he's better. He's even grazing a bit.

I'm having a hard time right now. Something reminded me of the way Charles would walk with me and hurry to keep up- sometimes I'd even have to get him to slow down. Things seem to be okay, then all of a sudden one if these memories will come back and I completely lose it. I don't know if we ever get over that or not. Tomorrow is his 83rd birthday don't know how I'll get through that. Guess I'd better go take my pill- I'll be back later.

Twink
Posted: Saturday, April 4, 2015 11:50 AM

Hey y'all! Happy (belated) Birthday to Bridgit! I cried when I saw the change in Rich's face - reminded me of when I saw it in Mom. (Another sad kick in the gut from this damned disease!)

Joan, We had the most incredible Good Friday! Sunshine & hit 60*!!! Sophie spent all afternoon sunning on the deck, chickens got to come out & play, & I opened the windows & aired out the house - heaven! Today, the temp has dropped like a rock, it's snowing to beat the band, & will be colder than normal for the next week. (BUT, yesterday was a gift!)

Diane, Funny how wildlife can end up in town sometimes, isn't it? I'll never forget when I was in high school, & a huge bull moose wandered into the student parking lot. Police came to try to run it off & ended up making it mad. It did leave after an hour or so, but several vehicles got stomped by then.

Lorita, Glad you got a clean bill of health, & all's well with all the critters! Am thinking of you alot this wknd as it's a hard one for me too. Easter is when we celebrate my uncle's & my Mom's birthdays, so I'm sure there'll be tears later when I make their favorite cake! Will let you know how the day goes, & be hoping yours goes okay too!

Colleen, Glad to hear from you! Leanne, Sounds like you're having a great visit! I'm so glad - we need to find every bit of enjoyment we can & fully savor each morsel!

Gotta go brave the crowds at Walmart to do "big groceries". (Yuck, I'd rather clean chicken coops!) Wishing all as great a day as possible from the snowy Great Northwoods! Hugs, Twink

× Close Menu