RSS Feed Print
The cost of dad's wonderful smile
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:05 AM

I checked with one mobile dentist company to find out the cost out of pocket:

$200 for cleaning

$310-$550 X-ray

$180-$375 travel to get to residence

I felt like Cheap Pete and almost exclaimed, “Good Lawd! That’s a lot of money!  How much is it to clean only one of dad’s teeth?!”

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 8:59 PM

Cheap Pete may have found a better deal for dad's teeth (That's right!  Every tooth)...

$410 first visit

$390 after first visit.

Includes travel to residence, no X-rays.  Can do Sunday appts. too.

Doc said I could be paying more for premiums if I sign dad up for insurance...

Not sure if I should continue the office visits, although it's a lot cheaper with his dental discount plan....

ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2019 9:01 PM

I mean, I tried telling the first mobile company that dad won't be able to cooperate with the X-rays....but, they said it had to be done..whatever.

This other doc said he ain't gonna do it, because he expects dad won't cooperate.

With his previous dentist, we stopped the X-rays.

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 2:25 PM

Thank goodness that Barbara's wonderful smile ( when it's there at all, ) comes out of her mouth at night and soaks in denture cleaner on a shelf above the kitchen sink.
ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2019 2:50 PM

Chris!  Good to see  ya!

Yeah, the price is steep.....just not sure of taking dad to the office anymore.  But we used to only pay 65 every 3 months, 99 annual fee for discount plan. 

But ever since the seizure, I've been hesitant taking him out....and I miss our beach trips too.  Just not sure....and it's just getting harder for me and I'm more tired now....I guess I'm making excuses....

And then one time he peed on the bed at his primary's office, when he was getting some exam for his heart....ECHO something whatever it's called....with an ultrasound thingy, whatever that is.  That was because we were there over two hours for check up and then that freaken exam.  Too long of a wait, of course there is gonna be a urine discharge incident.

Anyway, maybe I'll do six month cleaning....or maybe I'll wait till his breath stinks.

× Close Menu