Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Why are posts being removed?
whitewater
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:40 AM

I had posted as had others on the issue of 23mg aricept.  I noticed today that the other then one response posts have been removed.  Wondering why?
Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 10:53 AM

I brought a thread re: 23mg Aricept to the top.  I seem to recall some other posts also.  I don't know what happened. 

Iris L. 

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:57 PM

It happened on another thread too.
Mimi S.
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:19 PM

Believe me it is not deliberate. Staff are working with the provider to try and figure out what's happening.

If something you have written is considered objectionable by the administration, your post might be edited or removed. You are always notified. 

Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 7:23 PM

I wonder if anyone can enter this site and remove posts.   I remember a post by Billstrailrunning on his use of estradiol to help his wife.  It was a fascinating post and I just skimmed it planning to read it all later.  When I went back it was gone.  Maybe he removed it, but I don't know for sure. 

Is there anything to prevent an employee who works for the company that makes 23mg Aricept from coming on to the site and removing posts regarding the drug.  I doubt that is what happened, but it seems like there are not many safeguards for protecting information that is posted on these boards. 

Geegee
Posted: Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:23 PM

Please allow me to reiterate Mimi's statement.  Administrative staff is currently working with the developers to determine why the Aricept posts and others on other forums are being deleted.

Administration never censors or removes a post without contacting the poster.  On the otherhand, the rest of us are not privy for why something is deleted.  

Message Board security is password protected by our members.  Of course, hackers are everywhere these days.  Since I'm not a computer techy    that's way over my head!

Hopefully, we'll have an answer and solution to this problem soon! 

whitewater
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:01 AM

i sure hope what Geegee and Mimi S say is accurate.  My post was a bit of a rant against what the drug company's are doing re clinical trials to inflate their stock prices and the associations trial match program which feeds subjects into these questionable studies.  I feel very strongly that despite all the press to the contrary the majority of these studies are a sham just being used to manipulate stock prices.  Big pharma is making billions on the drugs being used now despite

the fact that they are not that effective especially in the long run.  They do not want to lose this money and would be happy for things to stay the same (ie no truly effective medications) so the money will keep flowing.  Corporate America does not have our best interests at heart.  FDA seems to be an agency that has become an arm of big pharma - folks retire from the FDA and then begin working for the drug company's it is a very cozy relationship much like the one between retired generals and the defense industry.  If this post disappears someone is doing this on purpose!

Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 12:48 PM

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in and make you aware that we, the admin team and Moderator, have not been deleting the posts that you are mentioning.

As Mimi and Geegee stated, if we ever delete or edit content we'll do our best to leave a notice in the thread that we've done so. We also follow up with an email to the member that we've edited their post and the reason why.

From what we can see it looks like the "Delete Topic" may have been clicked on accidentally, which in turn removes the thread and all the posts.

We hope this clears the air!  Let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
ALZConnected Moderator

SteveSanJose
Posted: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:27 PM

A person who did the post can remove or edit it also, at any time. If edited the date it was edited is the new post date. So much new stuff with this new board, but  I like it.
Lane Simonian
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 5:26 PM

I see what Steve is saying.  It also appears that only the person who began a thread can delete the entire thread.  If a person accidentally deleted a thread can it be retrieved if they want it back?
Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 6:57 PM

Not that i didn't believe you Steve,

but I checked it out with one I had begun. And there it was: edit or delete.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Thursday, April 12, 2012 7:23 PM

Only the person who began the thread or did a particularly post can edit or delete it, though (or so it appears).  I think that is a good feature.  If a person doesn't like a post or thread he or she can report it, but not delete or edit it.
Geegee
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012 5:31 PM

The option to delete a post or reply is new for us with this board format?     

In the past, if we were typing a reply and then hit the post button it would be 

posted.  If we saw an error we had a couple of minutes to revise it or delete it.  Then it would become "permanent."  If we change our mind and wished we had 

not made a certain comment, we would have to email the administrator and ask them to kindly remove it.  This is much better--I think!   

If you will notice, when reading a thread where you have previously posted, you will see "your" choice to "edit or delete."  You see that only "Report Post"   Is next to the other posts.

As long as the delete option doesn't malfunction if we accidentally select it...and then can't opt out, we will be fine!  

× Close Menu