Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Cannabinoids - Medical Marijuana
alz+
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 10:57 PM

anyone having success with MM?

I am a registered patient in my state and strong proponent of self education regarding the use of this natural medicine.

http://www.thctotalhealthcare.com/medical-marijuana-helps-cure-chronic-disease/

Easy to understand book:

Marijuana gateway To Health: How Cannabis Protects Us From Cancer and Alzheimer's Disease by Clint Werner

Research being done mostly in other countries and by patients. 

http://tokesignals.com/worth-repeating-cannabis-may-help-combat-aging-of-brain/  ....  article on how cannabinoids help brain deal with damage

If you have experience as patient using cannabis to treat symptoms please post. Helped people I know with dementia from Lewy Bodies (?) Parkinson's, autism, epilepsy. 

Sanja Gupta's CNN show on the use of cannabis with children left me in tears.  This is an old medicine with cutting edge science behind its use. 

Used it to sleep, treat migraines, depression, anziety before diagnosis. 

This post was edited by the ALZConnected Moderator on October 26, 2013. 

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:15 PM

http://ivn.us/2013/07/24/marijuana-may-be-legitimate-treatment-for-alzheimers-disease-report-says/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17140265

Geegee
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:11 AM

alz+ since you use MM, do you or others find that it affects your actions and thinking by slowing them?  Do you stay alert enough while using it?
alz+
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:14 PM

In Colorado the dispensaries are sophisticated and a patient would request a strain of cannabis that gave the effect they needed. In my state it is legal and the patients are regulated but there are no dispensaries with plant strain specifics (that I know of). So I found a group and the growers in the group knew their plants and I got MM for insomnia and agitation. It was excellent. I could sleep 4 hours, wake up and take 2 puffs and sleep another 3 hours. Wake up refreshed. Got off tranquilizers.

I grew up in California in 60's so it was a normal thing to have around. Investigate on your own about the new information. For the 3 years before I was diagnosed I was able to maintain a fairly normal life except for losing things and similar stuff. One learns how to use the least amount in the proper delivery system for the effect they need.

Oakland has a famous dispensary, hope it is the model for what is to come. I forgot name of it but they must have a web site with all the information you might want.

In fact, it improved my memory and my MRI had a "remarkably healthy brain" for stage 4. Aricept is a little overwhelming but it is good. I also swam for an hour after 2 puffs, could exercise harder and longer.

This is not the old pot for stoners, this is break though medicine in my opinion.

Myriam
Posted: Thursday, September 19, 2013 4:56 PM

The state of Washington has had medical marijuana dispensaries and recently legalized recreational use of marijuana. I just called around and found a dispensary close to me that has the capsule form of marijuana compounded for Alzheimer's. I assume I can only ingest it while I'm the State of Washington. Will let you know how it goes.
alz+
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 6:10 PM

Myriam wrote:
The state of Washington has had medical marijuana dispensaries and recently legalized recreational use of marijuana.  I assume I can only ingest it while I'm the State of Washington. Will let you know how it goes. 

I just called around and found a dispensary close to me that has the capsule form of marijuana compounded for Alzheimer's.

what is in the capsule? a particular strain? a liquid? Interested if it is for sleep, or agitation or what...

Brezybev
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 1:14 AM

I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains in California and my daughter is a MM vendor. She makes capsules and salves both with cannibis. This whole area is abuzz with the news about capsules made with high CBD strains in them. CBDs are what really help with chronic pain and don't make you goofy like the high THC strains of Sativa and Indica. It kind of strange because for decades growers tried to literally breed most of the CCBs out of pot. Now it's being sought like crazy.

My daughter has several people with late stage cancers,epilepsy and other medical  problems that swear by the medicinal value of it.  I think the high CBD strains would probably be the right strain for Alz too.  I'll ask her tomorrow to see if she has any patients with dementia of any kind. I won't mention her company because I'm not trying to sell anything. Just wanting to pass on the info I've learned in the last couple of years. If any of you find you can't afford it, ask the dispensaries if they have a "compassionate use program." My daughter gives hers' away to people who need it and can't afford it. I'm sure other people do too.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:36 AM

From my perspective, an effective treatment for Alzheimer's disease should have been found years ago.  As I say until I am blue in the face, peroxynitrites cause Alzheimer's disease and peroxynitrite scavengers treat the disease. 

Widespread Peroxynitrite-Mediated Damage in Alzheimer’s Disease

2003 Nov;163(5):1997-2008.

Neuroprotective effect of (-)Delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol and cannabidiol in N-methyl-D-aspartate-induced retinal neurotoxicity: involvement of peroxynitrite.

Source

Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912, USA.

Abstract

In glaucoma, the increased release of glutamate is the major cause of retinal ganglion cell death. Cannabinoids have been demonstrated to protect neuron cultures from glutamate-induced death. In this study, we test the hypothesis that glutamate causes apoptosis of retinal neurons via the excessive formation of peroxynitrite, and that the neuroprotective effect of the psychotropic Delta9-tetrahydroxycannabinol (THC) or nonpsychotropic cannabidiol (CBD) is via the attenuation of this formation... The neuroprotection by THC and CBD was because of attenuation of peroxynitrite. 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14578199 

And specifically for Alzheimer's disease  

http://www.jneurosci.org/content/25/8/1904.full 

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00109-005-0025-1 

The answer to this disease lies in the compounds in certain plants. 

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 10:05 AM

THANK YOU to all who contribute information here about MM. We can change the direction of the disease by sharing this information and helping others who still think of marijuana as a dope head weed.

It was a common medicine for thousand years before America's war on non-pharmaceutical company drugs.

Please keep adding to the information. For frustrated caregivers - I think there is a big HINT here for your own anxieties and lack of restful sleep.

Thank you!

Keep sharing what you know.

dayn2nite
Posted: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 11:13 AM

I agree that due to fear and the conflict between state/federal laws, MM isn't getting the push it should be getting, even just for behavioral and anxiety effect.

A facility would rather give Haldol, a private physician would rather give Risperdal or Seroquel.

If you live in a state that does allow MM, you should visit a dispensary and speak to the people running it.  If you don't want to smoke it, you can vaporize it, have it in a salve or eat it in a treat.  The people who run and work in the dispensaries are quite knowledgable about what they have to offer.

At the very least, it's another avenue to explore before resorting to the manufactured drugs.

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, September 25, 2013 10:47 AM

as far as I know, no side effects from MM. One needs to find their strain, method of ingestion, and dosage. I start everything very low.

If any one has access to dispensary would appreciate information on strains used and what they have been told good effects are.

thank you for sharing info, huge blessing to have access and a huge new source of healthy farming and employment and advances in medicine.

Photo: Know your #cannabinoids.

alz+
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013 9:53 AM

Looking for self directed help on the use of cannabinoids, found many sites now that offer personal experience and some expert advice.

One can not underestimate the importance of relaxation as a legitimate use of a non toxic medicine for care giver or patient. This is very different than GETTING STONED. It is part intention, and part information.

I know from personal experience drinking to relax the caregiver or patient can be disastrous. Being able to learn how the cannabis affects you or someone else in your care is crucial. Being responsible. A little is all that is needed, beyond that it is the person's responsibility to not want intoxication instead of relief.

New strains and methods of ingestions do NOT make me forgetful !!! or stoned but I feel relaxed and energized to go for a walk or clean house. I do not drive when using MM because of potential for it being named as cause of any infraction.

Long time responsible users become as capable of driving as non users according to research. They are often driving more slowly and cautiously but nothing like drinking and driving.

Obviously this is my opinion based on years of living and now treating EOAD. Not for everyone but hope it will not be denied those who want to try this medicine and so I advocate for it on forum to encourage people to take advantage if their state allows it and to become informed. The CNN show on cannabinoids and seizures in children is a shocker. This is a clean new industry.

This post was edited by the ALZConnected Moderator on October 26, 2013. 

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:12 AM

Brezybev wrote:

I'm in the Santa Cruz mountains in California and my daughter is a MM vendor. She makes capsules and salves both with cannibis. This whole area is abuzz with the news about capsules made with high CBD strains in them. CBDs are what really help with chronic pain and don't make you goofy like the high THC strains of Sativa and Indica. .  I think the high CBD strains would probably be the right strain for Alz too.  I'll ask her tomorrow to see if she has any patients with dementia of any kind. .

although I have no idea what CBD is, skunk farm research had a link to Alzheimer patients "using oil". My brain is unable to figure out what that means, drinking an oil? raw? I sure wish our nation was open to letting people like your daughter market what they have across jurisdictions. But maybe if I ask around here locally someone might know how to make medicine out of plants. Have heard results have been shockingly good, and people getting more cogent after losing it, which I was told once I go down more no amount of Aricept will bring it back. I am determined to NOT go into the worm hole until I have tried everything available that won't hurt me.

There are a lot of compassionate people in the med marijuana business. My love to your daughter for being smart and helping people. A pioneer.

BBobAZ
Posted: Friday, November 1, 2013 12:16 PM

In AZ, MM is allowed for "agitation of Alzheimer's."  I applied for that reason.  The naturopath "doctor" received by neurology and other medical records first.  I was questioned about my "chronic pain."  I explained that wasn't the reason I was applying for the license, that I have chronic arthritis pain that is reasonably well-controlled with daily use of Celebrex.

That didn't seem to go over.  "Doctor" obviously knew little about AD and less about associated agitation that can occur.  Still, I got licensed.  When I got my license, the reason was "chronic pain."  I called to complain and was told my medical records didn't support the claim of "agitation of AD" and thus was given license for chronic pain.  OK.  I am appalled at the AZ licensing procedure and hope it is better in other states.  I kept my card.

I have early stage AD.  The most annoying symptoms where bad sundowning and extreme agitation manifested by screaming, crying, cruelty, etc.  I tried reducing stress, I tried natural spectrum light bulbs.  My poor husband and animals were suffering.  I got MM.  Bingo!  I can take one or two puffs (on average once a week) and the difference is remarkable. 

At least one of my local dispensaries  has very good online info about various strains and what they are best for.  Unfortunately, the first dispensary I went to had a drug addict appearing "medical associate"  who steered me to the strain she uses to control her "chronic pain."  Well, if I wanted to get higher than a kite, that strain would do it.  My agitation?  NADA.  Fortunately, I got small amounts of two different strains.  The other strain calms me, has minimal high, and is a lifesaver.

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 7:32 AM

I reached out for help and got it. Thank you for report from Arizona.

I called doctor who prescribed MM in Michigan and his office called back with help from someone who makes compounds known to have good effects.

this is a beginning, I am willing to experiment.

I am so glad for you and your loved ones your dispensary helped you find a couple puffs to take away agitation.

There are mostly people working in on MM who want to help people at low cost with an old herb that has almost zero side effects is non addictive ...their love has come across the internet, from MM research companies to my local prescriber who is under intense scrutiny to prescribe for people who need it by using current allowable diagnostic criteria. At first I thought he was a shameless script writer but 4 years later he has shown to be extremely compassionate and working to develop the medicine to be available to all who need it. Bless the independent growers who work with patients to find strains and compounds that work.

Hope mine comes soon.

Keep us informed of how it helps you in Arizona.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 4:40 PM

For those of you using medical marijuana to help treat dementia, aromatherapy may be a good complementary therapy.

Terpenes May Improve Effectiveness Of Medical Marijuana

“Combining terpenoids with a CBD-rich extract may help treat the wide-ranging effects of Alzheimer’s disease.”

Terpenes could also aid in Alzheimer’s treatment with cannabidiol (CBD). Linalool, which is prominent in lavender, helps counter stress and anxiety. Limonene is commonly used in aromatherapy to improve mood, and pinene is known to promote alertness and memory retention. Combining these terpenoids with a CBD-rich extract may help treat the wide-ranging effects of Alzheimer’s disease.

Ferulic acid supplements may also be helpful.

Alz+ I hope that you are still here.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 6:27 PM

Good to see you back alz+.  One of your recent posts reminded me of a Stephen Colbert line about prescription drugs: abuse only as directed.  Glad that you are able to get on again and doing better.
alz+
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:14 PM

Lane Simonian wrote:
Good to see you back alz+.  One of your recent posts reminded me of a Stephen Colbert line about prescription drugs: abuse only as directed.  Glad that you are able to get on again and doing better.

I sure appreciate people posting additional information on use of medical marijuana. People are objecting to the opening of a dispensary close to my town and I hope to present information on difference between stoners, weed, pot and the real benefits of cannabinoids.

I took myself off Aricept and found the strange fatigue and high stress were made worse by the medication. It is also contra indicated in heart disease and copd. As it turns out my 4 months on Aricept made both those conditions worse but my new Internist wanted to up the dosage. She does not understand how I can be breathing better now or able to go up the stairs, or even swim again from the use of vaporized cannabis. My memory is slightly better.

I am very interested in aroma therapy and have lots of books on it from when I did massage work. I am using lavender candles and sprinkle Yardley's body powder in my bed but even though helpful, I look forward to using the real essential oils, also Bergamot and clearing my bronchial passages with vaporized cannabis and evergreen oils.

No side effects. My blood pressure went down, swelling went down, doctors remain uninterested although she is in Wisconsin which does not have legal access so what could she say?

Thanks again for helping get the word out. Caregiver's PLEASE NOTE.

alz+
Posted: Thursday, January 23, 2014 12:41 PM

ESSENTIAL OIL LINK

FOR DEMENTIA AND INSOMNIA RECIPIES

www.artisanessentialoils/category/recipes

Lavender at low dose is calming, over dose is invigorating/stimulant.

Orange seems to be a favorite. Anything with no downside and inexpensive is a boon to caregiver and patient.

Or in our case, husband and friend with wife receiving his help.

love to all.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Monday, March 10, 2014 4:07 PM

This article provides a rather detailed explanation for the multiple beneficial aspects of cannabinoids for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.  Again there are other aromatic plants that accomplish the same thing for those who don't want to try medical marijuana.  Among the more important findings are the role of cannabinoids as antioxidants, at reducing inflammation, and in inhibiting mitochondrial dysfunction. 

Review ARTICLE

Front. Pharmacol., 05 March 2014 | doi: 10.3389/fphar.2014.00037

Cannabinoids for treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: moving toward the clinic

- See more at: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fphar.2014.00037/full#sthash.BNcDAiw1.dpuf 

Conclusions and Therapeutic Implications Considering the numerous complex pathological mechanisms involved in the progression of AD, treatments targeting a single causal or modifying factor offer limited benefit. Cannabinoids, however, exhibit pleiotropic activity, targeting in parallel several processes that play key roles in AD, including Aβ and tau aberrant processing, neuroinflammation, excitotoxicity, mitochondrial dysfunction, and oxidative stress. Cannabinoids improve behavioral disturbances, as well.  

The main concerns regarding the use of cannabis derivatives in medicine are related with the psychoactivity of some cannabinoids, especially Δ9-THC, which may disrupt short-term memory, working memory, and attention skills mainly acting through CB1 receptors, as well as with the potential Δ9-THC dependence occurring after long-term use. However, the therapeutic effects of cannabinoids must be clearly dissociated from the risks of abuse and addiction linked to the recreational use of cannabis derivatives. First, the CB1 agonists with potential psychoactivity used in experimental models to demonstrate the therapeutic properties were administered at doses substantially lower than those producing psychoactive effects and cannabis dependence (Maldonado et al., 2011). Second, the preferred therapeutic cannabinoid combination includes CBD, which is known to mitigate the negative consequences on cognition of Δ9-THC administration (Fadda et al., 2004), and therefore insure the avoidance of such undesirable effects. Finally, the brain context in healthy subjects consuming cannabis enriched in Δ9-THC for recreational purposes is completely different from that of AD patients subjected to very determined combinations of cannabinoid species, in terms of ECS [endogenous cannabinoid system] organization and neuronal signaling. In conclusion, in light of the polyvalent properties for the treatment of AD and the limited side effects exhibited by these compounds, progress toward a clinical trial to test the capacity of cannabinoids to curb this neurodegenerative disease seems to be fully justified. 

Bluefern
Posted: Friday, March 14, 2014 9:20 PM

Thank you! You have helped many! I was wondering if MM could help me!
wwkayaker
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 8:48 PM

alz+  Thanks for posting on this issue.  I live in a state with no mm law.  I find it useful as a antianxiety agent and  also helps with appetite as I just don't seem to get hungry anymore.  I share with a friend with stage 4 breast cancer and she finds it enables her to take less narcotic meds.  Feel lucky those of you who have legal access.  Cancer patients may benefit from anti tumor action of mm. and those with Alzheimer's from not having to use powerful antipsychotic meds which are problematic.
alz+
Posted: Saturday, March 22, 2014 1:09 PM

Adding a response to a question DOES IT SLOW MY THINKING?

It might. I quit driving not because I use MM but because my vision became distorted from Alzheimer's work in that part of brain that reads images.

The thing is to reduce anxiety as whatever body response chemicals that are emitted from losing grounded brain activity from disease process makes all thinking and memory worse.

The environment that is provided to patient, spacious, comfortable, kindly, happy, compassionate all help with cognitive abilities AND with cognitive disabilities.

If you get the right strain, take minimal dosage, get accustomed to effect, then it seems a near side effect free herbal treatment for all around well being. Some strains do make me feel creative, some make me feel like cleaning a closet, drawer, doing dishes, etc. The favorite is one that lulls me to sleep.

The sleep induced by MM is not without dreams and REM like some pharma meds. It is restorative sleep.

My thoughts at this point is that MM aids the body's natural ability to heal and soothe. Put simply, it removed the TERROR from my life.

Most states now have a low penalty for small possession, still that would make me nervous about having it. Get it in a state ballot initiative.

thank good ness for spell check. my time on boards is coming to end.

love to all!

by the way HOPS EXTRACT recommended by Lane has been another help to longer sleep! cheap, no side effects, can use to calm in day.

arbednelra
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:35 AM

Thanks Alz+ - for posting on my question on the caregiver site.

Our state does not allow-but I want to find legal way- I am not unwilling to move if need be - either. 

Can you order via mail do you know?  Any sites that might give direction to getting access would be helpful to me.

I hope you are coping and doing well.  I hate this happens to you and others. I am often kept awake at night- now- the whole thing is extraordinarily stressful. 

I don't think the meds they prescribe are proper to help him..I know they are not. Now we are into 'weaning him off' things. I think the MM would even help that process if we could get it 'right'. 

I'm sure it would help me!

I want him to be as happy and comfortable as possible...and I want to be too! 

Myriam
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 5:11 PM

Here's a list of the 21 states that allow medical marijuana: 

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881 

And here is a map of the states that allow the use of marijuana for either medical or recreational use: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_in_the_United_States

alz+
Posted: Thursday, March 27, 2014 1:43 PM

Your desire for you both to be happy and comfortable is the HIGHEST MEDICINE there is.

God bless you both, people like you educate others by posting on these boards and being alive.

The road is rocky. Always new stuff coming up for me.

Your energy is medicinal. Everything else is helpful in one way or another.

I do not think we can buy MM via mail. The process of getting it in a legal state can be a pain in the butt. There are seed companies that sell seeds online so people can grow their own, but the advice of a quality dispensary is vital.

Pretty sure the Oakland dispensary would give you all the info they have on what works - the strains and methods of ingestion. People generally do not smoke MM but use a vaporizer of some sort or buy sublingual, edible or other.

In 5 years it will be easily available and high quality. Too late for me but I work hard to get the info out.

You will find people who are in business of MM are often very knowledgeable, kind and generous with the information.

LOVE TO ALL

eloquentsolution
Posted: Monday, April 7, 2014 1:17 PM

It is so wonderful to see a post on skunk pharm research.  I am eloquentsolution of skunk pharm research.  The story on Alzheimer's Mom and Cannabis is of my mother.  An yes, results were miraculous on oil.  She actually started again talking on large doses of oil..

She was late stage, 7, when she started oil treatment. She lived a high quality life relative to all others I know of with AD.

When I used high CBDs on mom, she returned to her agitated self. AD needs the psychoactive effects of thc to mitigate the agitation.

Anyone moving to Oregon?  My hope, after seeing how it helped mom, is that it will give the same results, perhaps even more miraculous, for early and mid stage.

eloquentsolution
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 8:41 PM

For those seeking a legal source of cannabis, you do not have to be a resident of Oregon to get a medical card here.

alz+, my mom did better late stage with increased dose. please give oil a try.  you read the blog on my mom.  I'm confident it will help you.

Myriam
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2014 8:25 PM

It's also available in Washington and Colorado.
arbednelra
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 5:41 AM

do you have to live in those states to get the card and/or the MM? Or will they let you go there- or perhaps send through mail?
alz+
Posted: Sunday, June 1, 2014 5:04 PM

Geegee wrote:
alz+ since you use MM, do you or others find that it affects your actions and thinking by slowing them?  Do you stay alert enough while using it? 

Yes, more focused, going low is more pleasurable. It would depend on potency and strain and amount to make a person feel drowsy.

Sativa is a morning strain, things one wants to do, even going a for a walk, or bathing, or a swim (when so lucky!).

Indica for later in day, time to unwind, relax, release tension.

It improves my memory by some medicinal action, but I am not science brained to report on that. Known as The Great Equalizer, it can take me out of a pressured state within minutes, move my mind's attention to calm, peace, balance.

My belief is that being upset and agitated makes my memory fall off and generates chemicals that just are totally unpleasant...then PTSD kicks in and I cascade into fear state.

My next experiment will be juicing leaves, fresh raw low psychoactive leaf. Learning slowly the many ways to ingest, how heat alters the effect.

Hope to read some posts on how people are using it and best practices for MM use.

love and courage  to all

alz+
Posted: Sunday, July 13, 2014 7:07 AM

PIRACETAM 

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7301036 

Neurobiol Aging. 1981 Summer;2(2):105-11. 
Lane Simonian wrote:

For those of you using medical marijuana to help treat dementia, aromatherapy may be a good complementary therapy. 

Terpenes May Improve Effectiveness Of Medical Marijuana

“Combining terpenoids with a CBD-rich extract may help treat the wide-ranging effects of Alzheimer’s disease.” 

Terpenes could also aid in Alzheimer’s treatment with cannabidiol (CBD). Linalool, which is prominent in lavender, helps counter stress and anxiety. Limonene is commonly used in aromatherapy to improve mood, and pinene is known to promote alertness and memory retention. Combining these terpenoids with a CBD-rich extract may help treat the wide-ranging effects of Alzheimer’s disease. 

Ferulic acid supplements may also be helpful. 

Alz+ I hope that you are still here. 

Lane, a neuroscientist, Todd Murphy, sent me this info, what do you think? 

PIRACETAM  works on ??? hippocampus? I forgot. I want to try it. Also juicing Lemon Balm leaves = megga calm.

Ordering capsules today October 2014...Guess I am done making friends with ALZ and am ready to have my old brain back.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7301036 

http://www.smartdrugsforthought.com/piracetam-research/

Piracetam Research

We at Smart Drugs for Thought, will continue further extensive research and studies on this nootropic substance to further assist you all in any questions or concerns. Recently, we stumbled upon several amazingly profound medical documents based on the nootropic we call piracetam.  Please do not hesitate to do further research on Piracetam online.

Piracetam"" 

Here is a up to date research list on the benefits of the Nootropic (Piracetam).

In case you want to know more about this smart drug (Nootropic) these researches can be found via google. 

Piracetam Nootropic

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Piracetam is a water-soluble Pyrrolidone Derivative Nootropic Smart Drug. It is chemically similar to Pyroglutamate.

Health Benefits of Piracetam

D)Nervous System

-Piracetam improves the condition of Alzheimer’s Disease patients and Dementia patients : Dean, W. & Morgenthaler, J. Smart Drugs & Nutrients. B & J Publications, Santa Cruz, California, USA. 1990:45. 

-

-It was also effective in the treatment of cognitive disorders of cerebrovascular and traumatic origins; however, its overall effect on lowering depression and anxiety was higher than improving memory. Malykh AG, Sadaie MR (February 2010). “Piracetam and piracetam-like drugs: from basic science to novel clinical applications to CNS disorders”. Drugs 70 (3): 287–312.

-Piracetam increases Alertness (by an average of 50%) in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia patients.
-This nootropic alleviates Depression (by an average of 32%) in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia patients.
-The supplement improves Memory (by an average of 45%) in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia patients.
-Piracetam alleviates the Paranoia that often occurs during the progression of Alzheimer\s Disease. Dean, W. & Morgenthaler, J. Smart Drugs & Nutrients. B & J Publications, Santa Cruz, California, USA. 1990:45
-Piracetam alleviates Sleep Disorders in Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia patients.

-This smart drug may increase some aspects of human Intelligence. Dimond, S. J., et al. Increase in the power of human memory in normal man through the use of drugs. Psychopharmacol. 49:307-309, 1976.improve enhance learning nootropic smart treat reduces brain treatment research document substance disease counteract result condition smart drugs medical benefit clinical scientific prevent impairment prevents patient healthy disorder effective alleviate learning 

-This nootropic may alleviate the Paranoia that often occurs during the progression of Alzheimer’s Disease. Itil, T., et al. Pramiracetam, a new nootropic, a controlled quantitative pharmaco-EEG study. Psychopharm Bull. 19:708-716, 1983.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Piracetam Enhances the Function of these Substances

Piracetam Counteracts the Toxic Effects of these Substances

A)Pharmaceutical Drugs
-Piracetam counteracts the Memory-impairment caused by Diazepam (Valium). Pan, J. C., et al. [Antagonism of piracetam on the amnestic effect of diazepam in mice]. Yao Hsueh Hsueh Pao. 31(2):91-94, 1996. 

B)Recreational Drugs
-Piracetam helps to reverse the Short Term Memory loss associated with Marijuana usage.

D)Vitamins 

-Choline is highly synergistic with Piracetam – Choline significantly enhances the therapeutic benefits of Piracetam. Bartus, R. T., et al. Profound effects of combining choline and piracetam on memory enhancement and cholinergic function in aging rats. Neurobiol. Aging. 2:105, 1981.
-Vitamin B5 is synergistic with Piracetam.

alz+
Posted: Monday, October 13, 2014 11:43 AM

I just re-read this and what was with the 30 inch post on some complicated thing I have above here? Might shorten that up today! 

But anyway I saw the post from the Skunk Farm Research woman who cared for her Mom and about the OIL. 

I think I'll start low dose of that oil today.  

Wondering if MM is keeping my mind active to the point I really want to travel and do stuff that I guess other people think I am not able to do. 

Can not drive myself anywhere and not in a "walking town" so feel trapped at home. 

Kind of feel cannabis is a normalizing agent. 

Have no scan to compare brain composition to as I do this. If the inertia leaves and my sense of humor comes back, I will post here. 

Beware: removing the THC component can cause agitation and hostility in ALZ patients. The low THC compounds used for seizures etc are not suitable for Alzheimer's diseases. The whole plant with its hundreds of active components is what helps. Only in end stages is cannabis dose needed to increase to preserve a state of peace and awareness.

alz+
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 7:23 AM

Yesterday I was able to make vegetarian chilli and pick out clothing for church.

I also walked a mile. This after trying edibles which were made using cannabis oil and coconut oil. VERY deep sleep night before.

I could not work a can opener a week before. Ups and downs but...chilli is fantastic. Can't believe I could do that.

love and courage

Adult only child
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 1:56 PM

Hi alz+ haven't posted here in awhile.  MUST THANK YOU for the attention to MM.  Although parents aren't aware their favorite treats are made with 'same' type of substance, I certainly see a positive difference.  Their fear of calmness, attitude, insight, and forgetfulness have lessened.  Although their outbursts remain, my folks are less 'manic during their panic'.  Again I thank you.

I offer great positive thoughts to you.  You have encouraged me to take the 'risk' and it has paid off.  None the wiser.  Folks aren't dx'd but I try what is available.  Hope others take this journey, sure helped my 80 y/olds feel and be happy again.

Much love, Positive thoughts,

Dana

× Close Menu