Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
these are at least some of my symptoms
vrswesley
Posted: Saturday, November 16, 2013 4:13 PM

does this sounld like dementia? or just getting older? Or could it be Im greving  my husbands death? or even could my meds be causing it?

Alot of memory and “finding word” problems..I assume its medication and age..its so weird.. like Ill lose the word but come up with one in the “neighborhood” of the word-example ..walking Toki, My dog, down Marsh, walk past a bus stop.. try to say the word out loud, it comes out bus station. Or recently I said I was going to put my unfinished dinner in the vacuum! I knew what I meant..just couldn’t say it right. Not quite the right words...not saying this is serious ..just happens a lot, lately especial..I turned 50 on the 15th. Other word memory problems but like I said.. just irritating.

One other thing I’ve been having trouble with.. well first it was forgetting if I took my meds.. so I put them in those boxes-so Id know if Id taken them. Then a couple of weeks ago I was setting up my boxes for the week and I noticed they didn’t close right.. I cked and Id put too many of some drugs in them. That scared me.. so now I have someone help me.. we do it together.....once there in ..I’m OK. My biggest complaint about it is maybe be it nothing but it just seems to have gotten so much worse so fast, just lately.

What does this sounld like to you all?

Myriam
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 12:45 AM

Sweetie, none of us are qualified to give you a diagnosis. Best to be patient and let the neurologist conduct all the tests to find out what is going on with you.  Be patient. Wishing that the neurologist finds something for which there is a cure for you.
vrswesley
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:50 AM

sorry just... wondered if.. you had any ideas.. I felt like.. somebody thought there was no reason for me to wonder.. knida wanted to put this out to show what im dealing with. thankyou.

violet

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:03 AM

I had the same word finding problems but worse.  I could barely make a complete sentence.

The testing will determine how much is stress or grief and how much is cognitive, if you go to a competent neuropsychologist.

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 9:32 AM

Hi VRS,

Welcome to our world. i did read your profile. You recently lost your partner and are currently being tested for brain tumor and breast cancer. Talk about stress.

I would first wait for diagnoses on your current medical problems, either of which could be a major factor in your problems. Emotional distress fromm al play a big part.

So I'd wait awhile before undergoing testing for dementia.

vrswesley
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 1:47 PM

I will find a competent neuro psych. : )

violet

vrswesley
Posted: Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:23 PM

thankyou...: )    Im just listening to docs that I trust.. the one that sugjested the nueropsych  had just that minute told me he wanted the ct scan for the possible tumor...I should know about the breast cancer tests soon..that test is tues.(I mean wiether they need more tests or know its not cancer.-so that answer maybe coming soon on that)...Im simply following the doc that I do trust-his direction. I believe dr masih knows what he is doing.. Ive told him most everything important..couple things I forgot.. but will add later...He know Dan died.. some of these symptoms have been going on for years-I just never thought about them.. some  of gotten alot worse just in the lat 6 weeks- that could be  related to Dans death...the rest came long before.. I  plan to let the neuropsych doc know everything.. and go from there. but you have good points I have been  through hell(excuse my language but its true) these last few yrs with Dans illness and death. hardest thing Ive ever experienced and I was and very abused child... no I dont want dementia just want to be seen by an expert in the feild who as you all say know what he/she is talking about. Just want good answers to find out one way or another. 

I am gratful for you all.. and this boarsd..by the way..want you to know tha too.

violet

jereo
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 7:01 PM

Sounds like your on the right track by getting some help! I hope it is someone close to you who is patient and naturally helpful. I don't think anyone can survive this without some help.

× Close Menu