Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Im scared
vrswesley
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 4:31 PM

Im sorry folks..I want to give support..not just take it..but at this moment.. Im so scared.. scared that this is true that I do have some sort of dementia...after talking to chris last night.. and realizing how many thnigs she sees that I dont....that might mean its true...she spends alot of time with me...more than anybody else.. ..but nobody is with me all the time..I have my cat and my service dog...lately Ive been sleeping alot more than usual.. dont know why.. need to be walking everyday..but just been too tired last couple weeks...wonder whats going to happen to be...I vowed Id never end up in a nursing home...but who will take care of me?....right now Im mostly ok alone but....how long will that last? just so scared.
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:20 PM

Hold on, westley!  Take some deep breaths!

Fear is normal.  We all experience fear.  We don't know what the future will bring for us.

But know that there is a plan for us and there is provision for us.

We are all here for you.  We won't leave you.  You are not alone!

Keep posting.  You can make it!

iris L.

vrswesley
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 11:07 PM

thankyou, sorry,I just get scared..saw so much bad of the healthcare system when dan was sick....dont get me wrong I saw alot of good too.. it just seems like the bad out weights the good sometimes...felt like we were trapped.. I triied so hard to help him...he was the love of my life..afraid of getting trapped again...in it....the thought of losing myself....that is hard.....I difd talk to chris tonight.. asked her if shed take care of me if I couldnt...she said she would andi know she will....Im not alone here either just....And today thought of a friend who can maybe do poa for finacial....so I think ive covered most bases.. not set anything in stone yet-dont need to.. but.. just makes me feel better...oh got a home help aide today-someone I trust- a =n old friend.....been trying to get one for close to a yr....and since I started having trouble setting up my meds myself Ive known I really needed one..but she HAD to be trustworthy cause shed have to have access to my meds...this lady Ive known for yrs.. only problem is tax time ..she works for an accountant and wont have time then.....

plus Im talking to my family doc in the morning..and Im not looking forward to that .. either she wont believe this is anythking.. or.. I dont know...Im nervous..but  was born nervous.. that is true..I have several anxiety disorders.

violet

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:07 AM

Keep taking deep breaths, Violet.  They will help.

I'm glad you;re getting things under control.  The good thing about dementia, if there is a good thing, is that things don't move fast.  You have time to take steps, like you're doing. 

You're fortunate to have such a good friend who is willing to become a care partner. 
My two four closest friends abandoned me.

Let us know what happens at your medical appt.

Iris L.

vrswesley
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:24 PM

thankyou that was one of my questions you just answered it..I wondered how fast dementia progresses..how much time I have IF I have it.. yes I know Im jumping the gun.. that is what i do always, jump the gun.. just my style.... want to be ready as fast as possible...espesially when I dont know how much time I have..

my family doc appt went ok.. she thinks my memory troubles are because of my meds.. that they are causing the problems..but she told me to go to the neuro psych and see.she believe that is what the neiro is going to say, that my problems are caused by meds- I am on about 30..she cut some of the doses today.. we'll see...

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 1:48 PM

vrswesley wrote:

she believe that is what the neiro is going to say, that my problems are caused by meds- I am on about 30..she cut some of the doses today..

"Polypharmacy" is a big cause of memory problems.  Google it.

Iris L.

Bluefern
Posted: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:06 PM

Take a teaspoon of coconut a day. This helped me! 

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:22 AM

Welcome, bluefern.  Check out the Clinical Trials board.  I'm sure there are a lot of members with experience with coconut oil there.

Were you diagnosed by a neurologist?  What is your diagnosis, if I might ask?

Iris L.

× Close Menu