Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
looks like I finally got a neuro psych doc!
vrswesley
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:43 PM

They called while I was asleep  and i didnt notice till just now at11:30 pm.. ill call in the morning!. its the one on campus! so close by..  Im so happy! almost cant believe I slept throught the phone.. but ive been very tired lately sooo. but wanted to let you know will let you know if they really accept my insurance tomorrow when I call them....just a double ck. cant be too careful when your poor..  :  ?
Myriam
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:52 PM

How wonderful for you. Please let us know when you have your appointment. After you get tested, it will be interesting to hear about what the doctor finds...if you don't mind sharing the information.
Mimi S.
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 8:04 AM

Hi VRS. And to be worked into the equation is the brain tumor, which might be causing some of your cognition problems. So a good neurologist will possibly  be able to figure out what's going on.

And it's good that the facility is close.
vrswesley
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 12:41 PM

looks like I may have spoken too soon.. this doc may not take medicaid either.  They are going to call me back. took me all morning to get ahold of them. now waiting for them to call back..grrrr. if not Il go to grand rapids the alz org people(local chapter have promised to help me get there(2 hrs away).

Also talked to a friend who works for alz..shes the one who told me about this website... has alot of good advice and is great to talk to. I asked her some questions, said.I just needed her thoughts....she is very supportive and agrees it needs to be checked out...gave me alot of good ideas.

violet

vrswesley
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 12:45 PM

yes, I have a good neurologist he is who is sending me for the neuro psych eval, and is also checking out the headaches -sent me for a ct scan the other day..So hes in the loop..just wanted you to know.

Violet

vrswesley
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 3:29 PM

The neuro psych at msu is going to take me. I have an appt jan 20, all day..its a mon..dont know how Im going to do an all day test.. that is going to waer me totally out. I havent worked in years..I have fibromylgia and just get tired fast- if any body prays.. please do for me.. just to have the stamina. but i have a test day! Thank You God!

violet

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 4:01 PM

I almost fell asleep during my first test.  I had undiagnosed sleep apnea and used to fall asleep at the drop of a hat. 

For my second test, the examiner broke it up into two sessions.

My third test was broken up into three sessions.

The examiner should take your physcial conditon into account and allow you a break.

Iris L.

× Close Menu