Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Home from Hospital
younghope1
Posted: Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:14 PM

I want you to know that I have been reading and following the posts for some time, just haven't responded like I probably should. I just got out of the hospital last night after a couple of days stay. I had a event very early Thursday morning where I woke up nauseated and the nausea continued for several hours until I thought I was going to throw up and next thing I know I am waking up in the floor with my 2 cats sitting next to me staring at me (poor things had to be confused). After several hours of debating with my self and going to the emt barn and asking them to check my blood pressure which at that time was 189/90, I decided to go to the er and by the time I got there by bp was 206/102......WOW!!! I don't have a history of hbp. After a thorough work up and stay of observation for a couple days, I was released. The only test that was abnormal was the echo, it showed a leaky valve. So now I have leaky valve disease! I go see my pcp next week for follow up and go from there. Joanna, if you read this, is there anything I need to worry about here? 

Tracy

Myriam
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:24 PM

Sooo good to hear from you! Is you blood pressure under control now? Hope all goes well with your appointment next week. I've missed you and hoping the doctors find the problem and fix it.  

I hope you won't have to undergo an operation, but if you do, please speak with the anesthesiologist about using Propofol. It is the least likely of the different anesthesia to cause or enhance memory loss, but it has a short life (I believe it is 3 to 4 hours). 

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, March 31, 2014 2:47 PM

Young Hope,

You shouldn't feel guilty for not posting, but we do like to hear from you.

I'm amazed the EMT folks didn't just take you to the ER.

Next time, just dial 911 . 

Thanks for letting us know.

How is Austin doing?

× Close Menu