Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.
RSS Feed Print
"Legendary Model B Smith battles Alzheimer's"
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:59 PM

Model B Smith, who also owned several restaurants and had her own style magazine, has developed Alzheimer's disease.  She is 65.  

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/legendary-model-b-smith-battles-alzheimers

Iris L. 

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, April 8, 2015 9:51 PM

B. SMITH, ENTREPRENEUR LIVING WITH ALZHEIMER’S, ADDRESSES SENATE AGING COMMITTEE HEARING ON NEED TO INVEST IN ALZHEIMER’S RESEARCH

Hearing Held While 1,000 Advocates on Capitol Hill for the Alzheimer’s Association Advocacy Forum

WASHINGTON, D.C., March 25, 2015 – Earlier today, the U.S. Senate Special Committee on Aging convened a hearing titled “The Fight Against Alzheimer’s Disease: Are We on Track to a Treatment by 2025?” The hearing featured personal testimony from Dr. Ronald Petersen of the Mayo Clinic, a leading Alzheimer’s researcher and former Alzheimer’s Association national board member; B. Smith, former model, restaurateur, retailer, author and actor, who has been diagnosed with younger-onset Alzheimer’s disease; and Smith’s husband, Dan Gasby.

When speaking to the committee, chaired by Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine) and ranking member Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), Smith said, “I’ve been a model and a TV personality, but now I have the most important job. I’m here because I have Alzheimer’s.”

read more:
http://www.alz.org/documents_custom/senate_hearing_032515.pdf

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:40 PM

Thank you Iris.

She was a big presence at the Alz. DC Forum.

I do wish she would join us here.

AngelaD
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2015 12:46 PM

I just want to personally thank B Smith for putting herself out there. I think it's hard enough to deal with this disease, but it takes a lot of courage to get on a national stage!

× Close Menu