Home Safety Checklist
RSS Feed Print
Alz + where are you?
Adult only child
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 8:15 PM

Contacted the powers that be to contact you. I "we' miss you.

Please let her know by email we all miss her, she needs to be w/us!

GOT IT! Dana

Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 9:53 PM

Thank you for doing this. I am glad to see some long-time members making it back little by little, but am missing Alz+ and several others who have not made it back yet. When part of the community disappears, we are all worse for it.
Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 8:10 AM

If it's any comfort, new members are finding us, over a hundred since we rolled over to 40 000 members less than a week ago.

If any of you have other ways of contacting fellow posters whose names you don't see, do have them call the help line and ask to be "walked through" the getting on line process. It sees that once that first time hurdle is overcome, one is fine.

This is similar to the last big make over we had.

elainechem
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 11:42 PM

Alz+ posted earlier this month, I think, that her husband was going to help her get all her notes together and hopefully write a book about living with AD. Maybe that's what is keeping her away.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 2:04 AM

Alz+ was supposed to visit her grandchildren with her husband out West in the beginning of the month. We have not heard from her since. I don't know if she made it through the changes.

Iris L.
llee08032
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:49 AM

I miss her too and was concerned but I do think she is on her visit with her family and hopefully knocking out that book she's writing. I do understand that new members are joining but I am concerned about losing some of our old friend's who are dear to us and what is going on with them. Are there many new patients joining also? I am concerned that if we cannot connect with someone there is no way of knowing if they are safe and well or if they have passed away (God forbid) or progressed to the point of not being able to get on the board.

Mimi, Is the success of the technological changes to the board being measured by how many new members are joining? New members joining I think just measures that more persons are in need of help and support along with the predicted statistical increase in dx of the aging baby booming population. I am comforted that persons are joining to get support but not that many more persons are being increasingly diagnosed.

I just know how to sign in and post and know that I have to scroll down over and over again and have difficulty navigating the board. The pages are loading slowly when submitting post. I have not a clue as to what type of issues the others are having on their screens or what to tell people to do about them. I haven't even figured out what all the "gliche's" are at this point.

TayB4
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:37 PM

I have read the previous posts, but wonder if anyone has anyone heard from Alz+? It has been a while.

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2015 12:42 PM

Alz+ has been here.

Tay, I don't recognize your name and there's nothing on your profile. Do tell us something about yourself.

TayB4
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 2:53 PM

Mimi, I will have to update my profile, as it got deleted with the "update". I am 51, and my 48 year old husband was diagnosed in November with MCI. We have two children in college. My husband has been unable to sustain employment for a year and a half, after being laid off as part of a company takeover. We are appealing SSDI denial right now. I have been reading here since last spring, and posting since probably September or October.
Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, February 15, 2015 7:15 PM

You are right.Something unanticipated must have happened to have all that good information deleted from the profile. Let's hope it gets fixed. Having the profiles lets us check the background of a poster without that person having to write it again and again.

I do hope your husband is able to join us on these boards. I do believe he will get hope just by knowing there are others just like himself. it is a lot to process. I and several others in Early Stage on these boards do have a lot of hope along with a realistic knowledge of what our future may be like. There is no one certain path that this disease takes, but there are many similarities of experiences.

Do feel to call our help line if you need some quick answers from professionals.

alz+
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2015 1:26 PM

hey! I am alive in desert - furnace stopped working at home, below zero, friend trying to get repair guy to come, driveway not plowed, computer on fritz and I FORGOT what else is off balance but there was a pretty good list going.

anyway, wonder what will happen if pipes burst? probably no house insurance covers it if you are not in the house when it happens.

I am going to pretend this much stuff going off is the New Normal.

miss every one.

Agent 99
Posted: Tuesday, February 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Alz+

Ask friend to turn the cold water faucet on in a sink that will continuously drain. This should prevent the pipes from freezing.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/01/how-to-prevent-your-pipes-from-freezing/index.htm

× Close Menu