Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
1 Year.
A losing hand.
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 7:44 AM

Today is 1 year my wife is gone. I miss her even more then I did a year ago. To me it seems like yesterday. A lot of people have said it gets better with time. I don't care how much time goes by I'll never be happy without her.

My life is over, I just haven't been lucky enough to stop breathing.

Hope it gets better for everyone.  Good luck.

Still Waters
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 8:17 AM

Hi Losing Hand. Its nice to see an honest post. I feel worse as each day goes by too. I really don't want to live anymore either. I see other people I know who lose there parents and wonder why is it so hard for me? I took such good care of her. I should feel rewarded. I don't at all. So many different feelings.

Sea Field
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:08 AM

ALH,  I don't know any words that can help ease your heart today.

So I will simply say,  soft hugs dear friend.

Cynthia

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 10:52 AM

Surely all of the posts here are honest. I too just reached one year being a widow. My raw pain is replaced with a sadness that comes missing my husband and knowing that there will forever be a hole where he was. 

The hole, though large,  is not the entirety of my life and while I expect to never have the happiness I had, I will go on. I will be happy and laugh. I will still have others in my life that I care about.  

The world continues to spin and I will spin with it, deeply changed but I will be a part of it. I will share a softer shoulder, listen more carefully and look harder to see someone who I can give a hand to. That would be the reward for me.

Veterans kid
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 11:24 AM

Losing hand and Jfkoc,

I'm sorry for this anniversary.   I'm not there yet, but I do know that the both of you have help me along this journey as a caregiver and after so I just wanted to reach out and let you both know that you're not alone and there's someone well I'm sure not just me, ha ha, but that there are people that think of you And pray for you and try to in someway give strength just like you do and have done for me.

Sending you both an endless supply of hugs, chocolate filled Twinkies, pop tarts, and cheesecake!  

Julie 

Always B VK

dayn2nite2
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:55 PM

I know I've written before here that the loss becomes only more "bearable" so you can function, but the loss will always be there.

I'm sorry for your loss, there will always be a place in you that's missing her, I can't lie about that.  Just know that the way you feel is normal.  

surfergirl
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 9:03 PM

A big  hello to all of you, 

I totally feel your pain, but look at it from the way your loved ones might feel. They love you and do not want you to suffer from now on,. Life goes on , they would want you to move on and achieve a some of happiness in the future. I know it looks dark now, but trust me , it will get better.
If it does not , please consider getting serious help.

I love all of you Surfergirl
A losing hand.
Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2016 8:57 AM

To all those that replied, Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Good luck.

× Close Menu