Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Bible Verse To Lift You Up 9/12/2017
chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:05 AM

Psalm 96 : 2

Sing to the Lord, praise his name;
proclaim His salvation day after day.

Do you remember falling in love with someone for the first time ? There's a feeling like you would do anything for them – as if nothing is impossible.

That's what I think of when I read this Psalm. I remember the first time my friend Randy came to me and told me he had written a christian song. He let me write two lines that finished the song, and suddenly I was no longer a solo act. I was a collaborator . We must have sung that song hundreds of times, until we moved on to something else.

The writer of this Psalm has a better idea. Not only singing to The Lord, and praising His name, but proclaiming His Salvation every day ! God loves us in a way that never grows tired. When we wake each morning, His love is there just as it was when we first told Him, " yes God, I believe in your son Jesus. "

Are there songs of praise to God that you love ? Sing em' ! Everybody has heard about making a joyful noise unto The Lord, but did you ever give thought to what He does when He hears us ? God is like a mother who can't stop showing off her new child.

And because we're so imperfect, He set about a way to save us, every day, through Jesus.

So sing a song of joy to The Lord.

Praise Him when things are great, and when everything is falling apart.

And proclaim His salvation ( for you, ) day after day after day.

Blessings,

Chris

Btw, if you want to read about a dementia love story, go down to the basement, ( that's Musings, ) and read what Mr. Toad has written. I don't think you'll regret it .

dutiful deb
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 12:54 PM

Chris,

Thank you for being so encouraging. I was a young woman, well, girl, only eighteen years old, when my husband and I became good friends. We first met when I was fourteen and he was sixteen, barely knew or spoke to each other, and had vastly different interests. He sat behind us in church and was that kid who always fell asleep. When he wasn't falling asleep he was teasing me by pulling my hair or making some funny remark. That was the extent of our acquaintance and as time went by and we each broke off with other people we had been dating, we began going out as friends. That developed into a loving relationship and by the time I was twenty, we were a serious item. We got married about two weeks after I turned 21; that was thirty years ago. We have both fought like crazy and fallen deeper in love over the passing years. 

When I see his short term memory failing now and his inability to finish a task, when I see his methods change from  "measure twice and cut once" but now "measure once and cut twice" and the mistakes that result, mistakes that affect our home and lives, I wonder what happened to that guy. Oh, he is still there, but he is changing, and as a result, so am I. The difference is that he doesn't know he is changing, and I have to be ever alert and ready to deal with the cause-and-effect syndrome we seem to be in now. 

I am so thankful for God's love, and for the way I am sustained through faith. 

When I have time, (Ha! I guess I mean, I will carve out time) I will re-visit "the basement." 

Deb

Mroark628
Posted: Wednesday, September 13, 2017 6:47 PM

Thanks for the reminder. I haven't felt much like singing or praising. I neede this reminder that the God on the mountain is still the same God in the valley.

× Close Menu