Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
2 year Anniversary
His Daughter
Posted: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:07 AM

Hello everyone,

Well, yesterday was the 2 year anniversary.  I really thought I do so much better this year.  And in many ways I am.  But still..........I miss him.  The old him, not how he was at the end.  I wouldn't want him back like that for anything in the world.  

I've gone back and re read those chapters in my book that so accurately described what was happening, and how I was feeling. Oddly, it does help.  And I'm grateful for so many things.  Grateful my dad got to die at home, grateful that he was surrounded with such love and compassion, grateful it didn't last any longer, grateful that his family was there for him throughout, grateful that it was just he and I when he passed. 

But last night, at exactly 10:48 pm, I was looking at the clock and remembering that moment.  

I guess there's just no way to not miss the relationship I always treasured.  

Thank you to everyone who was always here for me throughout my father's illness.  Your support and help was invaluable.  

Tink4495
Posted: Friday, December 22, 2017 10:56 PM

His Daughter,

You were such a loving and caring daughter to your dad. Your posts here helped me so much on my journey with my sweet mom. It was 2 years in October that I lost her. I too miss her so much but like you, the mom she was before this disease. When we lose someone we love so much, it leaves such a hole in our hearts. Just know you took amazing care of your dad and He is smiling down on you. How lucky you both were to have each other. I hope that you can enjoy this holiday season and keep cherishing the wonderful memories you did have. Hugs from one daughter to another.

BethL
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 10:57 AM

Christmas can be hard when you've lost someone. Try to enjoy the good times with your dad, and know that you were faithful, kind and generous in serving him. You inspired many here.

Is your book for sale? I know you cannot advertise on this site but if there is some way you can let us (me) know how to buy it I surely would like a copy.

Veterans kid
Posted: Sunday, December 24, 2017 10:19 PM

Always in my heart, my friend...

Love you!

× Close Menu