Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Always wondered how it starts..
Mr62Buick
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 6:02 PM

I am 52 and for the last 10 years, I have had a little bit of memory loss.  Good thing is that when I watch a movie with my spouse, she says she has seen it 6 months ago, but it's new to me!  (always think of the positive)

Anyways, I have been pondering something.  Seems that the things that I forget are positive things.  Good food, good movies, family etc.... Is this a pattern? Do we forget things because they are repetitive in our memories?  If I think of my nephew since his birth in 1984, and all the times I have known of him and his positiveness.... will he go away because I have his memory rebooted over and over?  But I will always remember this jerk of 13 years ago because he is a negative bad person!???

Seems like 1 thing goes in and two things leave my brain sometimes.  Kinda frustrating.  I am all here, mentally, but seem to forget simple positive things... just a thought.... anybody??

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:13 PM

Hi Mr. Buick.

Welcome to our world. I'm so glad you found us.

Tell us more about yourself and your process of being diagnosed.

Above, among the links is one for those who have been newly diagnosed. Hope you find some information for yourself there.

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, January 21, 2018 7:14 PM

Welcome to our world. I'm so glad you found us.

Tell us more about yourself and your process of being diagnosed.

Above, among the links is one for those who have been newly diagnosed. Hope you find some information for yourself there.

Lisita
Posted: Tuesday, May 1, 2018 1:24 PM

Hey mr Buick I know how it starts slowly and scared. But nothing can knock us down we will carry on

Lisita

Underdog
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 5:59 PM

The loss of her ability to keep conversations in context. Very subtle, got it confused with stubbornness for a while.

She had always been bad with directions and numbers.

But then it was her losing her competence at work and feeling fatigued and apathetic about things that usually brought her joy.

sophiewilson0191
Posted: Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:43 AM

Most common case  I think are in the old people's case.

We grow old our body became weak.

Here is an interesting article about Alzheimer.

https://www.evolving-science.com/health/does-alzheimer-s-really-start-hippocampus-brain-00657

× Close Menu