Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
Bible Verse To Lift You Up 02/08/2018
chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:09 AM

John 11 : 35 ( GNT )

Jesus wept.

Most people know this verse as being the shortest in the Bible. Possibly others would explain that this shows Jesus' humanity. Well, it does, but I wonder if it doesn't also demonstrate His deity. When someone becomes a caregiver, they often kiss their old life good bye. Stress and tears become commonplace, and all too frequently, their friends fade into the woodwork. But on occasion, perhaps a friend will stick around. He or she will come and visit, maybe help watch your loved one while you get away for a few hours, and even bring pizza now and again ! That's a friend who really cares.

God is like that. While I don't expect Him to come by with pizza, He does want to share in the burden that comes with caregiving, and He wants to help us - to continue - living life. When Jesus wept for Lazarus, He did so with the full knowledge that He could have kept him from dying. He didn't have to let Mary and Martha suffer while their brother first lay sick, and then lay dead in a grave for four days. But Jesus is God in the flesh, and He always has a reason. He does things because He loves us, even though it hurts Him sometimes. And when He see us hurting, it hurts Him. And, He cries. Jesus was human, and He is deity.

He's a friend too. A truly good friend. Jesus wept.

Blessings,

Chris

AutumnsSerenity
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:58 AM

Thank you for sharing this. I truly needed to read this and the impact this has made on my morning is unexplainable! =)
dutiful deb
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 9:48 AM

Thank you, Chris. I needed this, too. When I read your post, I instantly thought of Hebrews 4:15, which also reminds us that He understands our troubles, and is touched by them. We do have a truly compassionate God.
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:18 PM

Chris,

I have been so weepy lately and ashamed about it.  It felt good to be reminded that Jesus wept too.  

I know you didn't mean it this way, but it was what I need to see.  How do you always know just what to write.

Thank you and bless you as always...

C D
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 1:44 PM

Jesus wept.

Well at least I am in good company today, my eyes hurt.

chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 5:32 PM

BlueSkies, I'm sure you are aware that I never know just what to write. What i do is thank God for giving me the ability to string a few words together, and allowing me to be of some use to others. After that, draw straws, so to speak. Sometimes Barbara will have said or done something that gets my creative flowing juices flowing, and sometimes I open up an empty document file and stare at the screen for a while. A year ago, I never would have dreamed I could do this, but low and behold, here it is, and it's an incredibly therapeutic way of dealing with the stresses of life.

You, and the others who tell me, now and again, that what I write here has made even a tiny difference, give me a joy and an honor beyond belief. Praise God !

1 Corinthians  1 : 27 :    But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Chris

Amd1964
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:48 PM

As I have been sitting here crying today ~ it is amazing how much He does really know and love us. 

Thank you 

× Close Menu