Caregiving resources for every stage of the disease.
RSS Feed Print
The journey is over.
CessnaDM
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 9:47 PM

Well, as of last Tuesday, the journey is over. My father-in-law, "Dad", passed away.  He was placed in hospice and from there, he rapidly declined. He was a wonderful man prior to dementia. He was a wonderful man with dementia. I loved him fiercely with this horrific disease because I knew this disease did not define him.  We have memories of things we did and where we went. I will never forget him. I am grateful and thankful for the privilege of caring for this wonderful human being. Rest in peace, Dad.
pidgeon92
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 10:22 PM

My dad passed away last Saturday. He lived a good life, and deserved a better ending. 

Let us raise a glass to both yours and mine.

Tink4495
Posted: Sunday, December 2, 2018 11:41 PM

So sorry for your losses Cessna and pidgeon. It's alway so hard to lose those we love but even harder near the Holidays. I pray you both can find some peace and comfort during this difficult time. Sending soft hugs to you both. There is also a board here for caregivers who have lossed a loved one, feel free to visit there as well.
NC caregiver
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 5:59 AM

I'm so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing, Cessna & Pidgeon.   I hope it comforts you to know that he is no longer suffering.  You cared for him so well.  Take care of yourself & get some rest.
PJAB
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 6:10 AM

I am so very sorry for both of your loss Cessna and Pidgeon. You said it very well Cessna, this dreadful disease did not define him and yes, Pidgeon your Dad did deserve a better ending. Such a sad, sad, unfair, devastating disease. I pray you both hold tight to those precious memories that this disease can not take away of your father-in-law and your dad.  Take care of yourself now!
Iamnumberfour
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 7:10 AM

Cessna and Pidgeon, so sorry for your losses. Wishing you peace and healing.
GingerMay
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:00 PM

Sorry for your loss Cessna and Pidgeon. Cessna, you speak of your FIL so lovingly is touches my heart. No doubt, he appreciated his daughter in law. May the love and good times you had with your loved one always remain in your heart.
TessC
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:20 PM

My condolences on the passing of your loved ones, CessnaDM and pidgeon92. I know it was difficult to see these fine people taken down by dementia, but you were there to help them in their time of greatest needs and for that I respect you and wish that life will be good to you both from here on out. Take care!

Rockym
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 8:06 PM

Cessna and Pidgeon, sorry to hear of your losses. Dementia, Alz, VD or old age, it still hurts.  May your coming weeks be easy for you both.
MissHer
Posted: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 11:33 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear father's. This is a journey that we will never forget as it seems to touch us all so deeply.I wish you peace, happiness, and healing.
LicketyGlitz
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:16 AM

Wishing you and your families peace and beautiful memories of both your fathers. You were courageous enough to love them through the joy and the heartaches, I wish you comfort as your grieve.
Skittles412
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 7:29 AM

Cessna & Pidgeon I am so very sorry to hear of your Father's passings.  May you take comfort in knowing you kept them comfortable in the worst of times. There's a special place in Heaven for your fathers and you will see them again.  God Bless you both.

xoxoxox -Kat

AmyJo5
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:24 AM

Oh Cessna, I lost my mom the same day you lost your FIL. I send you AND Pidgeon my deepest condolences. I still catch fire with grief each day and yet I take comfort in the connections across our human community. I reach through virtual space for your hand and Pidgeon's. Wishing you both love, peace, strength.
Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:39 AM

Cessna and Pidgeon and Amy.

So many losses. The long fight is over and may you all have peace.

× Close Menu