Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Missing my precious momma
gcortez
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2018 8:48 PM

It was six months the third of this month my precious momma has been gone. The days seem harder to get through.  I go through the motions at work to make it through the day.  I just miss momma so much.  I think I’m going to see her when I go home from work,  With the holidays, it makes it so much harder,  My siblings and I are there for each other.  We were all very close to momma.  I lived with momma.  I still live in momma’s house.  Just reminisce all the beautiful memories of my honey.  I cry and laugh. I have many videos and audios of my momma’s sweet voice.  I know I should be grateful my momma is no longer suffering.  She fought until the very end.  I try to be strong and  remind myself of that.  Yet, the pain is real and I don’t know how long this will continue.  I have good and bad days.  How do you get over the pain of losing someone that you loved and adored so dearly.  

Thank you for listening,

Gina 

Skittles412
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 7:17 AM

Hi Gina:

I'm in the same boat as you. December 6th was 6 months since I lost my mom. I don't think the pain ever goes away, we just have to learn to live with it is all. Life as we knew it is gone, we have to find our new normal.  There are no rule books for this, we just make it up as we go.  Sending you lots of hugs and strength.  

-xoxoxoxo Kat

Rockym
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:30 PM

Gina, it's just about 7 months for me.  Many of us on this group had our moms pass within a few months of each other.  It is hard, but it sounds like you have so many nice memories and they are precious.  I used to think of my mom many times a day and then it was just a couple of times a day.  I guess the good part is that you have siblings.  It does sound as if you are close with them and there is support for you.  Time is what makes it better and we have no choice but to live each day.  That is what our moms would want.
Tink4495
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:35 PM

Gina,

I don't think we ever get over the loss of losing a dear loved one. As Kat stated, we just have to learn to live with it. It has been 3 years since I lost my mom to Alz and I still have really hard days. I miss her terribly, but I have to put one foot in front of the other and keep going. I know she would want that for me. I cherish all the good memories and I can now laugh at some of the things she did while ill that made me crazy at the time. Hang in there and know we are all here for you. Sending soft hugs.

× Close Menu