Apply Now
RSS Feed Print
Quote about grief.
A losing hand.
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 8:34 AM

MPSunshine
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 12:07 PM

You have done something very caring by posting this. Thank you.
A losing hand.
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 8:17 PM

MP,

Thanks for the kind words.         Good luck. 

jb crick
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2019 1:00 AM

A very true statement. I have found that those with the most empathy are those who have previously walked my path.
chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2021 1:12 AM

When Barbara was alive and in full control of her mind, she would sometimes gripe about a co-worker who had said " Oh, I know exactly how you feel ! " She would tell me that unless that person had been in her shoes, then they absolutely did not know how she felt.

Now that she has passed, I hear things akin to those thoughts, but you know, it ain't them who lost a wife. In fact, even if it was them who lost a wife, or a husband, we all wear our grief differently, and what I have learned is that no one knows exactly how I feel. A few might come close, but to presume to know the mind of another is utter craziness !

The ones who come the closest to knowing what is going on in my head usually say nothing at all, and instead will give me a sort of sad smile, and touch me on the arm.

I'll tell you what though. for all the pain I've felt since Barbara passed, I still have 38 years and almost 3 months of memories that will stay with me until I die, or until I perhaps go down the same road that too many here have traveled.

There is some joy even through the tears.

Bholmes
Posted: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 1:18 AM

Thank you for posting.

It has been just over 5 months since my wife passed away from Alzheimer’s. I miss her every second of every day as I just go on. I talk to her lot. Things I am doing or about ready to do. I know the words she would say back most of the time, but she would surprise me - that was her.  I watch old movies and listen to old songs and I still work. I think that time is basically some element, like water, like the sun.

There is no time in grieving, there is just grief.

× Close Menu