Help keep your loved ones safe with the Home Safety Checklist.
RSS Feed Print
Natl.Institues of Health about Dememtia
Vik
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 12:07 AM

Ive found the following websites to b very infornative on dementia:

nia.nih.gov/Alzeimers

MayoClinic.org

Smilesyourway
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:57 AM

Vik check out or do a search on Dementia Alliance International.  DAI for short.    I have joined and actually have support meetings weekly with a wonderful group of folk just like me.  We video conference.  Its great.
Vik
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 10:47 AM

THANKS Smiles for info!  I hav felt SO ALONE in this whole ordeal, so desparately want to hear about others symptoms and ways to deal with all that that entails.  I will join that group! I just watched a youtube video from UCLA by Stephen Tai Chen on vascular dementia....
Smilesyourway
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Vik I'm watching your UCLA suggestioin right now.  Yes, most of us know all to well about the isolation feelings.  The DAI group chats have helped me immensely.  Plus that fact that I've accepted my diagnosis.  Reach out, research...do exactly what you are doing. 

Smiles

Vik
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:58 PM

Smiles, i joined the DAI group as soon as i read ur post this  a.m.!  I see there is a Rock Dementia event coming up. I read alot on the site but not sure how to get involved in the "live" blogs... If u can giv me a little instruction of what tab/link i should use,i would greatly apreciate it! SMILING BAK AT U!
Smilesyourway
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 11:20 PM

So from the home page click services and then click peer to peer group.  Join and wait for an assignment to a group.    Hope this helps.

× Close Menu