Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Sunday, July 21st from 8:00 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Sundowners(4)
Dejan
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 9:29 AM

I dread the longer days of late spring and summer. Since it is lighter longer, mom stays up and gets more and more agitated and argumentative.

This is just the beginning and I am already wishing for the shorter days of winter.

I tell myself mom will never understand that she is being cared for.

Dreamer Lost
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 12:40 PM

Dejan, I so agree about the longer daylight hours being stressful as my DH is sooooo tired but refuses to sit down.  If I can get him into our bedroom/bathroom and start the whole bedtime routine (brush teeth, sometimes a bath, put on pajamas, etc.), I will go and turn off all the lights and close all the blinds in the house except the bedroom.  It will help to soften the light in the house but not entirely so when he goes out to those rooms it is quiet and dimmer. I will get in bed before him and turn on the tv and he will soon join me.  I don't force it but say, let's watch this funny tv show or something. Once he lays down, he lets out a long breath and says how good it feels to lay down. I also give him 5 mg of melatonin 30 minutes before bedtime and it makes him a little sleepy, not out though.  Routine is a good thing.

× Close Menu