Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Sunday, July 21st from 8:00 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Bible Verse to Lift You Up 4/14/19
VKB
Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2019 5:25 PM

JESUS CALLS US
Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)
”’Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?’
“ Jesus replied: ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
John 15:5 New International Version (NIV)
[Our Lord Jesus said the following:]”I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.”
JESUS CALLS US, O’ER THE TUMULT,
by Cecil F. Alexander and William H. June
“3. In our joys and in our sorrows, Days of toil and hours of ease, Still He calls, in cares and pleasures: ‘Christian, love me more than these.’
“4. Jesus calls us: by Thy mercies, Saviour, may we hear Thy call, Give our hearts to Thy obedience, Serve and love Thee best of all.”
me: When we put God first and love Him, we start growing in love for people, those we know and those we don’t, people near and people far. And there are certain folks He will nudge us to encourage, guide, protect, and/or care for. It may be a learning process; it may not be easy; it may be a huge sacrifice for a very long time. Yet, the more we say “yes” to His call, the more, we feel good inside, knowing we are serving Jesus our Lord, Savior, and God by loving others.
TAKE AWAY THOUGHT: When we stay close to our Lord Jesus, He enables us to serve others.

× Close Menu