RSS Feed Print
Alzheimer’s & Seizures
EHC
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 6:51 AM

Are any clinical trials in the following subject area available? This is curroas of March 2019 and  serotonin offer great promise.

PLEASE READ THIS IN ITS ENTIRETY:

This is the most current research of Alzheimer’s and seizures I could find (March 2019) a few weeks ago from Baylor Medical School. It is comprehensive and excellent. It’s important to “read all of it.” Especially pay attention to the treatment part toward the end and the very end where they think seizure treatment might even control the progression of Alzheimer’s.  Here is the link:

https://www.verywellhealth.com/alzheimers-disease-causes-of-seizures-1204507

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 11:49 AM

Members in the Clinical Trials board might be more familiar with what you are asking, EHC.

Iris L.

Vik
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:29 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH for the web link! I hav Early Onset Dementia and have been reading EVERYTHING i can get a hold of about the disease. We need to get all information spread to anyone who wants it. Thank you!
HowDoYouDeal
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:30 PM

Hi Vik,

In 2016 an MIT researcher discovered that mice exposed for one hour a day to light that flickers at 40 cycles per second, stimulates the removal of amyloid plaques from the brain. 40 cycles per second or Hz is the frequency of  brain waves during REM sleep.

Early and very small trials of Focused Ultrasound (Sunnybrook) to treat essential tremour from Parkinsons had a noted side benefit, improved cognition and memory.

Bright light therapy has helped people with sundowning and a wave of light that is past red that we can see is called Near InfraRed light, it occurs naturally in sunlight and appears to have a neuroprotective effect.

dayn2nite2
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2019 5:30 PM

If you want to discuss this crazy light theory please take it to the Clinical Trials board.

× Close Menu