Standard Monthly Site Maintenance Scheduled for Sunday, July 21st from 8:00 p.m. CT to 2 a.m. CT.  Click here for more information.

RSS Feed Print
Los Angeles CA area members(1)
Iris L.
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 4:40 PM

The South Bay Dementia Education Consortium will host its spring workshop, titled "Mapping the memory care journey: Where to go and who to talk to," from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. May 21, 2019, at the Redondo Beach Main Library.  There is no cost to attend.  RSVP: 310-374-3426, extension 256.

Iris L.

Vik
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 8:17 AM

This workshop sounds SO GOOD & NECESSARY! I live halfway across the country so cant attend. Do you know if they will hav copies of the presentations, and even better yet, will they b videotaping the workshop?  

There are alot of GREAT conferences/workshops all over the U.S., but many times they are so far away and many people have a difficult time traveling. It would b SO BENEFICIAL if these presentations could b videotaped so that they could b posted later on the internet, specifically on Support Group pages!  There is SO MUCH information out there, but the smaller cities and towns don't get the advantages of havimg conferences...

I would appreciate you checking into this, as i emailed the organizer of a state conference where i live to see about handouts from the conference. They were more than happy to accommodate that, so hoping ur conference will hav copies of sessions, or videotape for further distribution.  

We need to spread the information so that people affected by dementia in one way or another, can benefit with new knowledge about this incedious disease!

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 2:07 PM

Vik, I doubt that the program will be taped.  It is being presented by our local chapter.  You might contact your local chapter to see if they will present such a program.  Unfortunately, I find that they are not well publicized.

Iris

Vik
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 10:34 PM

Our local chapter is pretty scarce as i live in a small town. Going to a state conference next week---cant wait!  Enjoy urs!!!!  In some ways, in person is better than online.

P.S.  Are you the one with personal blog? I was on it one day but cant find it now---kinda like my keys and tv remote...

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:02 AM

I hope your state conference will be informative and you can get some good resources, Vik.  

Canada111 has a blog at www.suddenlymad.com.

Iris

Vik
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:10 PM

Thanks for blog info.  U can delete if u want...

× Close Menu