RSS Feed Print
Would you like me to sit on this lady?
Eric L
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:17 PM

MIL has suffered from another downturn. She’s been a bit more agitated and her delusions have been kicked up a notch. She’s speaking in gibberish more and has had a few hallucinations. I think she had an UTI last week (I practically made the hospice nurse send a prescription for antibiotics).

On Sunday, my wife took her to bathroom and was doing her best to get her situated on the couch. We have a pressure alternating cushion for her (a bed sore opened up during her last uti on her rear end) and she looked at the cushion and said to my wife ‘Do you want me to sit on this lady? (said it like a lady was already sitting there) and my wife without skipping a beat said ‘Sure, she won’t mind’ and MIL sat dowm”n.

gubblebumm
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 4:22 PM

Not bad, its hard to be so quick off the mark!!
LicketyGlitz
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 5:44 PM

Ha! Sorry it's been ready, steady, decline lately. Although, in our own experience I'm starting to realize dementia goes a little something like this...

Tough

Tough

Heartbreaking

Cute

Devastating

Hilarious

Hilarious

Tragic

Rinse, repeat in a variety of orders.

Eric L
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:17 PM

And to be honest, we do not know if she saw a lady or if it was because her verbal skills have declined and she somehow substituted lady for cushion. She did try to have a conversation with a backpack last week, though!
PreciousMoments
Posted: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 10:30 PM

Hi Eric L,

Could the agitation be from pain? The hallucinations are a symptom of a UTI so that would probably be the source.

Eric L
Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 12:23 AM

Precious,

Agitation has kind been one of her symptoms for quite a while now. There is no doubt that the UTI made it worse, but we have agitation issues almost daily, with or without a UTI.

× Close Menu