RSS Feed Print
Dad is now using his bedroom as a toilet
emsilva
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:39 AM

This might be the straw that breaks the camels back! I can handle him yelling at me and refusing care from me (he usually gives in after a few mins of me not leaving him alone) but the using the bathroom everywhere is the last straw! He was dx with VD in 2017 and has gotten worse as time goes on. He has his good days but his bad days are hard for me to deal with. Anyone else having this problem? He wears a depends every now and then but still pulls them down to pee in his bedroom.
TessC
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:27 AM

I had to take my mother to the toilet every 2 hours or she would become anxious about where the toilet was. She didn't know where it was, even though it was attached to her bedroom. Have you tried such a schedule? I had to actually take my mother to the bathroom. Maybe your father now needs that kind of assistance?

dw743
Posted: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:05 PM

DW has been MC for only 2 weeks. I was having problems with her trying to find the bathroom when the "need" arose. If I wasn't watching her closely, who knows what the next place she would pick for the toilet. Bathtub was one of the them.

Now in MC I watched how the aides handle this problem. They have a set time to take her to the toilet, and so far they report no accidents. I wish I had that info when it is so simple. Not saying it will be 100% fix, but any help would have been a blessing. 

basilia
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2019 4:01 PM

Greetings my dear

My name is Basilia Jackson a lady from U.S, i saw your profile and become interested in knowing you please contact

me in my email address as a friend

(basiliajackson028@gmail.com)

× Close Menu