RSS Feed Print
To admins
lizziepooh
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2019 11:48 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering if you could add another discussion board topic for questions about how to use the site or do certain things or about specific issues with the site. Or at least add it to the wishlist for future updates.

I think it may helpful to have a place specifically for that. How to quote, how to post hyperlinks, why people should fill in “my story”, why my posts won’t post if I use the smiley face icon from my keyboard but if I post a colon and parentheses it works (that is a real thing that just started for me...I have an iPad). 

Just asking...it does not hurt to ask, right?

Ps How to edit thread title? It was supposed to just read To Admins. Lol! Oops.

PSS: I figured it out. You can’t edit topic; I had to delete my topic and repost. On the off chance anyone was posting while I did that, sorry...your post would have been lost.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 10:28 PM

Hello Lizzie, go to the top of the main Caregivers board to "Guidelines for Participants."  Inside you will find a pdf to download with lots of info.  I hope this answers some of your questions.

Iris L.

lizziepooh
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:33 PM

Hi Iris,

I checked out that post and the link and the link is to how they expect us to behave as posters, the terms of service that we agree to follow to be posters here. Very reasonable ones to.

I did not see anything about my specific questions or specific answers to the functionality of using this site. I may have misunderstood your instructions.

And if they add such a link I think it may be helpful but I still think it would be helpful to have a forum specifically designated for these types of questions.

What do you think, Iris? Maybe you do not see a need for this, but what about something else?

Is there something you wish the admins would put on the wishlist for this site? 

If you could change one thing or add one thing, what would it be?

Just wondering...

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, August 16, 2019 11:47 PM

Lizzie, there used to be a FAQs page on the dashboard.  I looked for it but could not find it now.  

A long time ago, when the first changeover was made, there used to be a dedicated board for technology questions.  

Now, if I have a technical question, I post it on this board and someone or several members respond.  I've never been disappointed! 

Perhaps you can call or email the Moderators at the Helpline and give them your suggestions.

Iris L.

lizziepooh
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 12:25 AM

Iris L. wrote:

A long time ago, when the first changeover was made, there used to be a dedicated board for technology questions.  

Interesting. I wonder why they choose to remove it? I imagine the reason ultimately boiled down to it was because it was more trouble than it is was worth, like how all decisions in business should be made.

But, what if, the new forum was not maintained by them? What if the new forum was like any other forum where a poster initiates the question and the posters answer them. Then it is just another forum topic like all others...or maybe they have have a max limit on forum topics allowed for their contract? Maybe that is a reason against it? Curious and curiouser...

LicketyGlitz
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 7:39 PM

I'd find that how-to on tech stuff helpful too. Although, my fellow posters are pretty good at giving me tips!
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, August 17, 2019 10:45 PM

lizziepooh wrote:
Iris L. wrote:

Interesting. I wonder why they choose to remove it? I imagine the reason ultimately boiled down to it was because it was more trouble than it is was worth, like how all decisions in business should be made.

The changeover was in late 2011.  After several months, probably there were no more new questions about the new board. I don't think it was a matter of being too much trouble to maintain.

Iris L.

Zz

ALZConnected Moderator
Posted: Sunday, August 18, 2019 10:49 AM

We have included a link to our AlzConnected Help Page here  which has topic sheets on some of the functionality of ALZConnected.  If you have any further questions about using ALZConnected, please feel free to Contact Us here.

× Close Menu