RSS Feed Print
Twiddle/Fidget mat or muff
Morrisberron
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 2:00 PM

Hello, I am crocheting a fidget mat, which can be turned into a muff.  

I am looking for ideas for embellishments to put on the inside of the muff.

Based on the research I have done the ideal is 6 items on the outside and 4 on the inside. What type of items work well on the inside? I can’t figure out what hands would like to play with while in the muff.

TYIA for your suggestions 

zauberflote
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 3:23 PM

Good for you making by hand! I bought one on Etsy, and Mom seems to like it. It would be even better if staff would remember to give it to her when she is trapped in the common room with nothing to see, feel, and only random tv noise to hear. 

Here's a photo. I spread it out, but it has Velcro to make it a muff. The inside is plushy fabric with raised dots all over it. 

I might vote for pompoms inside, a button on ribbon, a pingpong ball (where on earth did that idea come from?) jacks, checkers, ornate chess pieces, just nothing that would catch a finger, of course. Send a pic when you're done. 

Well  how the heck do I attach a photo?? Oh well  

Morrisberron
Posted: Monday, November 4, 2019 7:42 PM

Thank you for the reply, and for making me laugh, at first I read ornate cheese instead of ornate chess piece.  Anyway the thought of cheese made me laugh.  Oh boy, have to keep finding humor, even if it isn’t there.    I was thinking about poms and those curly ques that they use for premie toys.  I like the button on a ribbon idea.   Good Luck with your mom, facilities are so hard to work with. Thanks for your help and your time.
Victoria2020
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:54 AM

https://www.foodinaminute.co.nz/Recipes/Mince-and-Cheese-Pom-Pom-Pie

zauberflote
Posted: Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:05 PM

Victoria that isTOO FUNNY!!!!!!!! Thank you for making my day lololol

Morris-- well, you know, you could put actual cheese in it... being ornate, at least it would leave an elegant mess.....

Morrisberron
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:22 PM

I don’t know how you managed to come up with that! Thanks for the laugh.

I hope that Zauberflote can see the humor in my error, I really do appreciate the feedback and am very curious about what works well on a fidget mat or muff.  When my dad was going through it I didn’t know about them.  Now my friend is going through it and I think it may help, she likes fiddling with the flower petals on  a blanket that I made. 

zauberflote
Posted: Wednesday, November 6, 2019 7:45 PM

Morris, I sure did see the humor, and tried to make another joke, which I'm not so good at... that is actually the kind of word game Mom used to play. She loved words and passed it onto me-- thank you for that!

× Close Menu