RSS Feed Print
Checking in(2)
meltruman14
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:51 AM

Hello everyone....

I don't recognize a lot of your names but it's been a while. Today makes a year since my granddaughter was raped by her father and we just had the sentencing hearing on the 13th of November. He got a mere 17 1/2 to 45 years but what do you expect from the justice system. I now have my daughter and granddaughter living with me because my daughter was a victim of domestic abuse late in August at the hands of her now ex-boyfriend. We just lost a close friend on Thanksgiving Day due to a drug overdose so life continues to be a struggle.

25 more days and it will be a year since Mom went home from complications due to Alzheimers. Those of us who remain miss her terribly and the atmosphere is quite heavy. Those of you who know my story will recall that it will be three years since Dad went home on the 29th of this month. Yeah, still miss him terribly also.

I wanted to come back and wish you all the best holiday season possible and thank you all again for what you have done for me. You folks are my heroes and I pray God pours out his blessings upon you. I've met a couple of folks caring for loved ones with dementia and have encouraged them to come and join you all. I gave a couple of them "The 36 Hour Day"

With God's guidance I will see 5 years off dope and booze on the 26th of the month and will tell you all right now that it wouldn't be happening without all of you who encouraged and assisted me while caring for Mom. I have had a new psych evaluation and have been cleared to start receiving ECT treatments for this horrible depression.

jfkoc you are a Saint....I did not read the whole thread about the Haldol but wanted to tell you that back a good few years I was prescribed Haldol and it pretty much hit me like a heavy benzodiazepine. I'm currently taking 300 mg of Seroquel at night mostly for the sleep side effect as it has little effect in any other capacity.

Sorry, yes I can still ramble on...…...

As always...……………………………….Godspeed

Mel

harshedbuzz
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 1:05 PM

Hi Mel.

I wish your update was more positive; you and your girls deserve some peace and happiness in life. But it is wonderful to hear you are still around and maintaining sobriety. Kudos to you.

HB
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 4:50 PM

LOL...not a saint...just passing info forward...
Sayra
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 6:46 PM

Mel thanks for checking in.  Hope the ECT helps with you depression.  I have not suffered from it personally but have had to live with it’s effect on others.  I know how terrible this is.  Wish all of your family the best.
MissHer
Posted: Sunday, December 1, 2019 7:28 PM

I'm so sorry Mel. I've had the clinical depression and it's awful. Will pray for you and God Bless. 

Deb

× Close Menu