Donate
RSS Feed Print
Surprise Fees for Directory Assistance
Nowhere
Posted: Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:02 PM

When this month’s cell phone bill arrived I was taken aback by an added $20 cost. Appears my L.O. was attempting to reach an acquaintance and was repeatedly prompted by a message to call 411 (directory assistance). I learned it is not possible to block an outgoing number on an iPhone and was feeling dismayed  that this would be a reoccurring happenstance moving forward as he’s attached to his phone. Then dear daughter discovered that 411 offers exceptions for special need individuals, including those with memory loss. There is a form to complete and a doctor’s statement of need to include. Download form: https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/411-exemption-form.pdf

Donr
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:28 AM

Thank you for the information.
Ed1937
Posted: Thursday, December 5, 2019 6:05 AM

That's good information. Thank you. There is another fee that most aren't aware of. If you make a call, but the line is busy, you might hear something like "All lines are busy, but we will call you back if you don't want to remain in line".  I found out the hard way that there is a charge from the phone company for this too.

× Close Menu